Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trump Admin Stimulus Pkg  (Read 38226 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought it was a done deal a few days ago.  Like JG Wentworth.  "HEY I WANT MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!"  I want to either move out of my Mom's basement or else get a bigger TV down here. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That's what I thought too.....that's why I don't follow politics. Makes no sense to me and I never could understand 'em.
« Last Edit: March 03/26/20, 06:45:56 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought the stimulus thing was a done deal...? Now saw Pelosi on the news, said it needs some tweaking, and hope to have it done by NEXT TUESDAY..... :confused:
Some guy I didn't recognize said this is insane; the people need the money NOW....so, what's goin' on?

Collective bargaining, corporate board diversity checks, $15 minimum wage, Green new deal....   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Think I'll go make an omelette.  :rolleyes:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

:banghead: Who got special deals? :sleazy: in the stimulus and why they got them :confused:

:coffee: ..... :party1:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/who-got-special-deals-in-the-stimulus-and-why-they-got-them/ar-BB11Ls1G?li=BBnb7Kz&pfr=1

PS. Just got a robo call from our village president last night. "All village residents will not be recieving a water/sewer bill in April" It will be paid for by da village."

Interesting dat he will just be running fur re-election soon :sleazy: :moon:
« Last Edit: March 03/27/20, 03:33:45 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Think I'll go make an omelette.  :rolleyes:

Lucky you! Went grocery shoping yerterday at da Jewel. NO EGGS At ALL. :doah: Only had dem chocolate Easter eggs :pouty:
« Last Edit: March 03/27/20, 05:20:43 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I said that 2 days ago that after the senate passed the bill it still had to go thru the house before it would get to Trump. And you knew Pelosi was going to screw with it.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saw on the Morning Show.  Yes even Retirees that only get SS will get the $1200 Stimulus check.  You will not be taxed on it.  Line 8B on your tax form.  Your adjusted gross income.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought the stimulus thing was a done deal...? Now saw Pelosi on the news, said it needs some tweaking, and hope to have it done by NEXT TUESDAY.....
Some guy I didn't recognize said this is insane; the people need the money NOW....so, what's goin' on?

Pelosi is "all in" on trying to take out Trump and doesn't care what it costs.  She'll so anything she can to muck up the works to make the administration less effective thinking this will help the Dems in the fall election.

During 9/11 even bitter political rivals were smart enough to know it was in the best interest of the country to work together.  Apparently Nancy didn't learn that lesson.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the vote will happen today.  Some stuffed shirt [Massie}  want's a voice vote and said there would be no quorum for a voice vote.  However the leadership is shipping in more of the swamp dwellers so there will be a quorum. So leadership on both sides  believe there will be a vote today.  Trump will sign it right away when it's brought to him.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I said that 2 days ago that after the senate passed the bill it still had to go thru the house before it would get to Trump. And you knew Pelosi was going to screw with it.
yea the last I read it was a rebulican that sounded like he was going to hold up the vote. it doesn't matter I hope this election all those wave wacko's get voted out!!!!!!!!!!! man this sheet is getting discusting. even in this termoi neither side can work together.  :angry2: :angry2: :embarrassed:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said earlier.  I will vote for no incumbents.  They need to get the message that we don't like the way things are working now!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I think there are some folks in DC who do a good job.  The problem to me is that they are there too long.  Some will say election time is a form of term limit.  True, but there are too many districts across this country where each party has a stronghold and no other candidates from the other party has a chance.  My district has been republican for a long time.  Omar's district has been a dem district forever.  Look how long Pelosi has been in Congress for example.  So we need term limits.  But then again even if you have term limits when you have districts controlled by one party, term limits are useless.  :confused:good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am all for term limits for all politicians.  Times change and attitudes do too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think there are some folks in DC who do a good job.  The problem to me is that they are there too long.  Some will say election time is a form of term limit.  True, but there are too many districts across this country where each party has a stronghold and no other candidates from the other party has a chance.  My district has been republican for a long time.  Omar's district has been a dem district forever.  Look how long Pelosi has been in Congress for example.  So we need term limits.  But then again even if you have term limits when you have districts controlled by one party, term limits are useless.  :confused:good luck.
i'll be the first to admit I was one that firmly believed elections were term limits, but have since changed my mind 100%. there is also something to be said about longevity and experience holding a position for a long time, but at this point, especially in politics, its counter productive. and Reiny you have a valid point regarding some of the districts, some of that will never change. unless like what happened in Omar's district where she ousted this Phylis Kahn in the Minnesota house sevral years back.

with that being said, until the voters actually vote these long term politicans out and we get new fresh blood in there these politicians will never support term limits. unless somehow it could get put on a ballot as a referendum for ALL voters to decide.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
In those districts the primary is the election. That's how we got AOC in congress.  She beat a complacent incumbent

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes he was Del.  Was in the swamp for years.  Figured he was a shoe in and didn't even campaign much.  But even in those districts a dem liberal would of won anyway, but this time they got a nutcase.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
now I see the Massie is demanding/ insisting a recorded vote and will in all accounts hold this vote up.

and he is an (R) so its both sides the isle being idiots!!!!!!!! weather you agree with the stimulas package or not. :confused: :confused:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:reporter; BREAKING NEWS: House OKs $2.2 trillion rescue package for virus-ravaged economy, health system, rushing it to Trump for his signature. Details to come. ..........
« Last Edit: March 03/27/20, 12:41:39 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
🏃‍♂️               🏃‍♂️                🏃‍♂️                    🏃‍♂️                   🏃‍♂️                    🏃‍♂️              
« Last Edit: March 03/27/20, 01:09:11 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
     Here's how the coronavirus stimulus affects you

Duration: 04:40 1 hr ago

The CARES Act, signed into law on Friday, is the largest economic stimulus package in history. The bill allocates $2.2 trillion to people and businesses negatively impacted by the coronavirus’ effects on the economy. Jill Schlesinger joins “CBS This Morning: Saturday” to explain if and how the stimulus will affect you.
More From CBS News

View......
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/heres-how-the-coronavirus-stimulus-affects-you/vi-BB11PQ6q

Many BWCA Reports

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WHERE'S MY CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :taz: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: training-087

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Union workers get a check but union negotiators do not  :rotflmao:good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Union workers get a check but union negotiators do not  :rotflmao:good luck.
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: story of my life!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Some people just never learn to read what's what.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Some people just never learn to read what's what.
whats that supposed to mean!??????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It just MEANS to read the stimulus package guidelines, and the state guidelines for what's permissible for folks being out and about. It's available to all and both have been posted in more than a few places on here for all to know.
« Last Edit: March 03/29/20, 05:19:16 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well duh...…..I've read it...just trying to have a little fun...…….CHRIST!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You talk about me?! That post didn't sound "like havin' fun".....Don't turn it around on me again! Go have a cold one! Chill out! Eat a pickle! Sittin' inside's good for no one! Havin' fun is a good idea in these times!
« Last Edit: March 03/29/20, 05:26:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Whatever, you don't like my posts don't read or reply to them.