Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Burning Restrictions Begin  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Does city hall count?   :evil:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Restricted - Variance Permits Only in our area? Who comes up with this BS anyway? We had .45" of rain recorded yesterday, .06" on the 23rd and .93" on the 20th, along with trace amounts on every day but one since then. & it's been cloudy to boot. All this data is submitted to & is on the DNR/State Climatology Office website. You'd be lucky to light a fart out here!  :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/27/20, 06:51:27 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Doesn't it have to do more with the lack of snow and all the dry vegitation? I'm betting that burning permit and fire restrictions stuff keeps moving north as the snow goes away.

Maybe they know who much flammable gin you have on hand?? :scratch: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Restrictions probably will move north but that doesn't explain why there is a greater restriction here than there is directly to our west. It'll likely piss those up north off the same as it does here when the "dry" vegetation burns like chewing tobacco, especially if it stays cool, cloudy & rains every couple days. That's not a recipe to dry anything out. The pasture is starting to green up here fer crissake!  :rolleyes:

My gin supply is diked I'll have you know!  :rotflmao:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Restrictions probably will move north but that doesn't explain why there is a greater restriction here than there is directly to our west. It'll likely piss those up north off the same as it does here when the "dry" vegetation burns like chewing tobacco, especially if it stays cool, cloudy & rains every couple days. That's not a recipe to dry anything out. The pasture is starting to green up here fer crissake!  :rolleyes:

My gin supply is diked I'll have you know!  :rotflmao:
yea who knows how they come up with some the crap they do  :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Exactly. That's why my gin supply is diked!  :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

It's Walz, he doesn't want anyone playing with weenies around backyard cookouts!   :police: :surrender:  :police:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

It's Walz, he doesn't want anyone playing with weenies around backyard cookouts!   :police: :surrender:  :police:

Then stay 6' away and zipped up!  :shocked:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
.04" of rain again this a.m. Yep, she's tinder dry out there, alright. Might catch Lee's woodie on fire!  :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope ya don't get any of that TP wool on fire!  :shocked:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They used to use wool a lot in electrical applications back in the olden days because it didn't burn worth a crap. Ran my errands quick. On the way to Hope I spied a neighbor trying to burn 4 or 5 piles of bur oak leaves in his pasture. If there were any mosquitoes around there aren't now! No flames just huge smoldering piles that are gonna be there a while with it drizzling like it is.  :azn:
« Last Edit: March 03/28/20, 02:35:26 PM by Dotch »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think I could start a fire in the yard with napalm today.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman