Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: All access closed on Rainy River  (Read 1877 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Per Koochiching County and Lake of the Woods County officials and Baudette City Council officials. All accesses closed on the Rainy River until further notice.  There is a great story in the International Falls Daily Journal with all of the details.  This is a great decision.  Thanks to all of them!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the decision too. But What I am having trouble understanding or grasping is how can the county shut down state owned property? Did the state give them permission?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about that too JB.  The counties open the accesses up when there is ice at them so maybe it is a shared responsibility? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Don't counties "own" the access's? That's happened here on the lake/river, county shut down the access to the river in the past. That turned into a big hoopla. Just wondering...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That may be right Rebs.  The State access could be on County property.  ??

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I just looked at the owners on ONXmaps and some are owned by the city or county and some are owned by the MNDNR. I think I am going to shoot the DNR an email and ask the question.
Hey look your bobber is up!