Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Impressed with Bushnell Trophy Cams  (Read 1270 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I finally got out to check three cameras I left out over the winter.  Actually I found a forth that I forgot about.  Two of them were set to "field scan" and take a picture every 5 minutes during daylight. I last changed the cards in these on November 23,2019.  I don't remember if I changed the batteries at that time.  At any rate they both continued to take pictures throughout most of the winter including the -28 temps.  They both stopped recoding pictures around February 10 because the cards were full.  I had 16GB cards in them and one had over 11,000 pictures and the other 10,500.  I had one of the others in video mode and it was still working yesterday.  It was set up on a little used area but had a bunch of nice videos on it.  I will post some pictures later. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
all 21,500 of them!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That's good to know.  I have a couple of them.  I was wondering about the battery life in the cold temps up north where I hunt.  I'm thinking now of just leaving them there after deer hunting and check them in the spring.  It's public land but we have been hunting there since the late 60's and folks just don't go there.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
That's good to know.  I have a couple of them.  I was wondering about the battery life in the cold temps up north where I hunt.  I'm thinking now of just leaving them there after deer hunting and check them in the spring.  It's public land but we have been hunting there since the late 60's and folks just don't go there.  good luck.

alkaline batteries quit if it gets really cold, somewhere below zero.  Rated to -4.      Buy the lithium ones, they are sort of spendy but they last a long time and don't seem to quit in the cold.   

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Del,  that's good to know.  I'll make the switch.  good luck.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Wow that's a lot of pictures to look at.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
As they say pictures don't lie.  Check the date and temp.  These were normal alkaline batteries.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Depends on current draw maybe.   I still remember sitting in daughter's driveway because the batteries in the door opener didn't work...