Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: fishing lures  (Read 2455 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
OK i'll admit I stole this from another site..no not that one. :confused:

so what type of fishing lures do you have the most of??????? open water lures.

i'll start. daredevels
rapalas
flu flu's.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Weedless Johnson silver minnow with pork rind.
Fireball jig with stinger hook.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
rapalas
red eyes/dare devils
jigs of all kinds and sizes
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
jigs.... glenn cant comebup with his own questions :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 11:04:58 AM by Boar »
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
jigs.... glenn cant comebup with his own questions :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:mooning: :mooning: yea well you didn't either!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Spinnerbaits
Topwater
Rapalas
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
By numbers,  JIGS, crankbaits [a ton of them which I don't use anymore] spoons.  Funny how life repeats itself.  As a kid I started out fishing with bobber and live bait.  Then the lure thing became interesting, and now I'm back to bobber fishing or jigging.  I have 4 big tackle boxes of stuff plus 3 of my dad's stuff.  good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm usually rigging live bait if I'm chasin eyes. I have a lot of jigs as well which are usually for chasin pannies except Spring & Fall for eyes too. Quite a few crankbaits as well.
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 12:21:08 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been a jigger since I moved up here.  But used to pull cranks a lot before that.  Or spinners with live bait.  Man I need to organize my tackle. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
When fishing for walleye we generally can figure out what mode they are in and fish accordingly. Now the walleye are either in an aggressive, neutral, or negative mode. This will dictate your presentation and speed. More times than not we fish as if the eyes are in a negative mode. It works best if your confident in the spot your working at the time and have already marked fish. Borgie has a habit of yelling at me if I day dream and move along a tad to fast for her. I try to explain that the person in the bow of the boat needs to swing their rod around to the other side when the skipper makes turns or you'll be under the boat at times. Some day she'll actually listen to me. :banghead:

Our usual presentation is back trolling Lindy Rigs 3/8 oz. with 6# test and #8 Mustad hook. One of us will use a leech and the other a crawler. With the leech most times you just slowly let your rod go back as the fish takes it and hit um. With the whole crawler it's a tad more tricky. Most times you have to spoon feed the crawler and you can only drop your arm back so far. Therefore, I leave my anti reverse off and slowly back reel until the speed of the fish taking the crawler increases. That tells me it's time to set the hook. A key note here is to only back reel at the pace of the fish. If you back reel faster than the pace of the fish the sinker will drop. Result being the fish feels the pull from the sinker drop and he will drop the bait. Practice makes perfect.

Geez  :doah: I almost forgot dat dis topic was bout fishin lures :bonk: :rotflmao:

:tut: I'm :offtopic: once again! :rolleyes:

:sorry: Just had ta put a plug in fur da Live Bait! :crazy:

OK, fur toothy critters I like large 1 ounce tandom spinner baits wit trailer hook & 7 inch plastic worm on da trailer. Also da larger one and a half oz troll devils (by Eppinger)

I like casting rebel wee- R fur med depths. Spinner baits wit plastic (all sizes)  Hair Jigs and I could go on and on.............. But it's time fur my napp! :doah:

« Last Edit: April 04/18/20, 05:33:31 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Jigs. Lots of jigs. Crank baits too. Jigging for wallies is the go to up here early and late. We also do alot of trolling cranks.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Usually the first 3 weeks is all lindy rigs, which i have a lot. Until you find negative fish like Lee mentioned then its anchor and bobber time or jigging. But shallow running cranks get used alot as well.  Warm water, buzz baits, gotta love Johnson spoons and spinner baits.

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
I collect Creek Chub Pikie Minnows and Heddon River Runts.  I always keep a few beaters in the tackle box.  Pike can't seem to resist them. I'm to the point I only buy them if they're an oddball color or configuration, or they come with a nice original box.  Most guys seperate out the lures from the boxes these days.  I've got everything from the tiny little ultralight ones to the muskie and snook sized models.