Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Worm Grunting  (Read 2510 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I can see Lee trying this  :rotflmao:
I wonder if it really works  :scratch:

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that cool.  Lee's relatives I presume? 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I can see Lee trying this  :rotflmao:
I wonder if it really works  :scratch:

I've seen dat video before. :happy1:

Yep! purdy neat Unfortunately at my age da only grunting I would be doin is when I tried ta get up off ma knees. Den wit my luck I would get  :police: arrested and charged wit falsely imitating a mole.  :banghead:

Den wit more a my luck .....
 Also fur....
"seduction of under aged nightcrawlers" :surrender:

I kin just see it now

:oops1:

Call Glenn! I need some help!
« Last Edit: April 04/18/20, 08:24:21 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
This does work for me ever time.  :happy1:

I just grunt pulling the container out of the cooler and put the change on the counter!  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Lee....seriously...you ever make a worm shocker to get them outta the ground? I used to raise crawlers, got mine on a rainy nite with a red lens flashlight, but made and tried a shocker like my friends to get 'em...

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
This does work for me ever time.  :happy1:

I just grunt pulling the container out of the cooler and put the change on the counter!  :rotflmao:

Hey! You tink dats bad.....Yesterday I had ta grunt just ta pass some gas.  :doah: Da worst part was dat :oops1: Borgie had ta tro my shorts in da washer den :doah: :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 04/18/20, 09:33:05 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lee....seriously...you ever make a worm shocker to get them outta the ground? I used to raise crawlers, got mine on a rainy nite with a red lens flashlight, but made and tried a shocker like my friends to get 'em...

Now why on earth would you ever call me seriously :rotflmao:
Just plain Lee would be just fine :happy1:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Answer da question!!!  LEE! :angry:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
me thinks when dem worms seen Lee...…….dey went into shock!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
me thinks when dem worms seen Lee...…….dey went into shock!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It would take to long ta explain what my system fur collecting crawlers is. I never have to bend over ta pick-up any of da crawlers. I have a bad back!
Therefore I can't keep bending over. I never have ta touch even one crawler as I'm collecting dem. Da key is dat all of da worms I collect are never at night. Always at daybreak after a Big rain. Especially after a thunder storm!

No! I don't use a vacuum.  On a good morning after a storm in da spring only I kin collect 200 wit no problem. Dat's when der all over da pavements. Never in da grass. I have ta be at da woods as soon as day open da entrance. Da ting dat I use I invented and built out of a milk jug, quarter round wood, 4 Tie raps and dat's it! After I get bout 50 I go back ta da car & empty dem into a bucket. Go back and get a-nudder 50. If it's a windy mornin day escape da pavements as it dries quickly right ta da grass and it's game over.

I do have some competition doe and dat's da robins. I ain't no inventor but I'm good at makin some-tin out-a  junk!

Some Day when my son stops by I ask um ta take a photo of Lee's crawler picker upper and transfer it ta my computer fur me. When ya see it you may laugh but it works like a charm.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always hit the gardens. Couple dozen into my pit and they'd multiply pretty well in a month or so.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Great subject.  Brings me back many years as a kid.  Lived in Duluth.  Never had a problem getting them worms.  Our yard on 4th street has plenty.  But we went up to the Enger Golf course at night and had a field day getting them.  Used them with worm gangs trolling back then.  Now I live here in Andover, the land of sandy soil.  Nothing.  We have the small worms pop out after a heavy rain like Lee said.  But not the crawlers.  So I'm down to buying them.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read somewhere years ago when I first got into it that golf courses where the best places to get crawlers. I ikept mine in one of those liquor store styro coolers sunk in the ground in a shady spot. Filled it with sphagnum moss mixed with garden soil and leaf matter, and holy cow! That moss sure made 'em nice and "springy"! That's what this book said to use. None of those limp, watery ones ya get at some bait shops...
« Last Edit: April 04/18/20, 04:53:32 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, Reb they were everywhere except on the greens.  Not a golfer but it's the area where the flag is on.  good luck.