Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Red Flag Warning  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :reporter;  DIS JUST IN.....DNR News Release

:police: .....
For Immediate Release:

April 20, 2020

Red Flag Warning issued! :tut:

Extreme fire conditions today have resulted in the National Weather Service issuing a Red Flag Warning for the following counties:

Anoka, Benton, Blue Earth, Brown, Carver, Chippewa, Chisago, Dakota, Douglas, Faribault, Freeborn, Goodhue, Hennepin, Isanti, Kanabec, Kandiyohi, Lac Qui Parle, Le Sueur, Martin, McLeod, Meeker, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Nicollet, Pope, Ramsey, Redwood, Renville, Rice, Scott, Sherburne, Sibley, Stearns, Steele, Stevens, Swift, Todd, Waseca, Washington, Watonwan, Wright, and Yellow Medicine.

A Red Flag Warning means the area is experiencing critical weather conditions that are ideal for wildfire, including strong winds and minimum humidity values. Do not burn while the Red Flag Warning remains in effect and check any burning done recently to ensure the fire is out. Any spark could become a wildfire under Red Flag conditions.

The Red Flag Warning expires at 6 p.m.

Stay connected, stay safe:
•Check the statewide fire danger and current burning restrictions webpage, which the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources updates daily.
•Follow @mnforestry (DNR Forestry) on Twitter for up-to-date information on statewide fire conditions.
•Follow @mnics (Minnesota Incident Command System) for information on large wildfires.

« Last Edit: April 04/20/20, 08:02:59 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday on the way back from my land I encountered 4 DMR fire trucks on the gravel road.  They had just extinguished a fire burning in a swamp near a residence.  I ask them how it started and their answer was "I really doubt it was lightning" and we are waiting for the sheriff.  Landowner may be in trouble.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Yesterday on the way back from my land I encountered 4 DMR fire trucks on the gravel road.  They had just extinguished a fire burning in a swamp near a residence.  I ask them how it started and their answer was "I really doubt it was lightning" and we are waiting for the sheriff.  Landowner may be in trouble.

Get Dat SOB!
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there was a fire west of us yesterday too that area fire trucks out...  no reason there either...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's SWS for a critical fire weather warning out today for N Itasca county due low humidity & high winds.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon