Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Just getting started  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Tom7227

• Outdoorsman
I just bought a Browning Special Ops game camera and I am trying it out.  I have a couple of questions and I would appreciate any help you can offer.

I bought it mainly to see what sort of critters are coming across my yard.  I have set it up on the front porch posts a couple of times, once in still picture mode and a couple of times in video mode. 

Unfortunately the thing takes a picture every time a car drives past.  I have thought about putting it out towards the front of the yard but I ca concerned about someone taking it.  There is a channel on the back of the camera of a cable but I haven't done any checking on that type of setup.  Ideas?

The camera triggers OK but there are times when it keeps triggering if the wind moves a shrub.  My wife probably isn't interested in my cutting back the shrubs and this has me wondering how to solve that.  I don't know how close something is that triggers it but so far a swaying bird feeder 3 feet away has taken up a lot of space on the SD card.  Any ideas?

Finally today I had it on video mode and two things jumped out at me.  There is a thin tree line on the  left side of the frame and the camera wouldn't trigger even when a car came from that direction until the car cleared the tree line.  The other thing is that at times the camera would trigger as soon as the car entered the frame and other times the car was maybe 50 feet into the frame.  Was that caused by differing speeds?

Thanks for your time.
Tom

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
From what I have read on these cameras, you have to work with the settings and program it for what you want it to do such as trigger times and sensitivity. I have a few of the browning cameras, just not this model...and I love them. The battery life is amazing compared the the old cameras I have had.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I got a couple Brownings also shrubs will set them off I had a cam setup on a cornfield edge and ended up with 3500 pics (1 week)of cornstalks swaying in the wind you just need to turn it or move to another spot I’ve got a couple of the cables your talking about I believe I picked them up at Cabela’s?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought 2 Brownings last year.  Great pics.  BUT if you mount any trail cam on a tree and it gets windy or if a tree or bush blows in the wind in it's view it will trigger it.