Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Homecoming  (Read 2414 times)

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
It's been several months since I've visited here, and it's high time to come back.  This Covid quarantining is really getting old.  I'm in the high risk group due to a past history of cancer and heart failure, so I've got to stay away from most folks.  How's things been around here?  I see many of the same usual suspects from before, so that's a good thing.

'Picked up a new used boat.  I bought a 16' Lund Pro Angler a couple weeks before the opener.  I've been tinkering with it and got everything working as it should.  'Got out and caught some sunnies before the opener, so we had one fish fry and put a couple small meal's worth in the freezer.  'Stayed  home for the opener-wasn't about to fish in a blizzard. Weather's supposed to be nice tomorrow.  'Gonna head out to Lower Whitefish, which has been one of my Bucket List lakes for years.  'Hope all our members had a good opener and are doing well.  It's nice to be back in here again, guys. 

Best wishes for a great spring,

Jeff

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear from you GG.  Ya I am bored and missing people from this too.  BUT people are getting complacent now and that could come back and bite us in the azz.  The numbers are still not looking good so we are being careful yet.  As much as I would like to just say the heck with it I know better.  I also have a new boat on the way and would love to have my best buddies from Luverne come up fishing but no way will they expose themselves as they have had health issues in the past too so are even more careful than we are here.  It is great to have this group of guys to talk to and bounce things off of.  It helps fill the void of lack of fellowship.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess that is the bright side to still be going into work everyday. Still get to socialize with friends at work.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear from you again gopherG. Always worry when someone goes dark for awhile.  :tongue:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
good to hear Double GG! wer keeping glenn hogtied to
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Been fishing solo locally on White Sands Lake in Baxter. The sunnies shut off the other day, so I started throwing a chartreuse spinnerbait hoping for a pike or two, but of course, on the very first cast a bass inhaled it when it hit the water.  I must have literally threw it right in his mouth.   A little later about a 3 pounder chomped it again, and I somehow managed to snap an old Lamiglass graphite rod trying to horse it into the boat. I haven't heard that graphite CRACK sound in many years. The last time I blew one up was in a bass tournament down in Ohio.  10 minutes left till weighin and I'm fishing right out from the weigh-in sight.  I see a big muskie taking a run at my spinnerbait.  I tried frantically to get it away from him as I didn't have time to deal with him.  He caught up to the spinnerbait right off the side of the boat as I tried to lift it into the boat. Bit down hard on the blade, ran under the boat, blew up the gears in a Ambassadeur 5000 and snapped the rod all in one fell swoop.  He blew up that reel so bad he bent the spindle and broke the levelwind as well as the gears. If I didn't have a death grip on the rod, he'd still be swimming around with it.  The reel was a total write off.  Guessing it was a legitimate 25-30 pound fish.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Great story.... Love it. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Sounds like a fish story right out of boars diary. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
He taught me everything I don't know.......

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
He taught me everything I don't know.......
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!