Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The apple trees are planted  (Read 1566 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It didn't take too long this year as we only planted 8 new apple trees

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
What varieties this year?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here's the list.  Not sure which ones I ended up with.  I picked up all the trees for our Chapter
and dropped off at 6-7 locations.  I let them pick what they wanted and I planted what was left.

2020 Mn Deerhunters Apple Tree Program
 Apple Tree Color Codes:

Goodland – Aqua/Purple
Haralson – White
Norland  -  Green /Yellow
Prairie Magic – Blue/White
Yellow Transparent – Orange/Pink
Chestnut  Crabapple – Blue/Purple

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey DE,

How do I become part of the tree program? Obviously, join MDHA - but I don't see much more than a sentence or two regarding the tree program on their website.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Smokey Hill Bandit,

Sorry for late response. I have a good excuse,, I was out fishing.  Sometime in fall or early in the year MDHA puts out the apple tree order information.  It is sent to all members via a "Bullet Blast".  Also, many Chapters publish and email the information to their Chapter members. 

Below is a sample of what is sent to the Chapters/Members.
*********************************************************************************************
MDHA 2020 Apple Tree Program
Chapter Order Form
MDHA apple tree program is open to all chapters and their members.
Members must order through their chapter and all orders must be paid for with a chapter check. This is to reduce the number of individual checks/orders that flooded into the office. Chapters can request reimbursement from their earmarked funds with a project request form after they place their order.

All apple tree varieties are for the northern Minnesota growing zones and most are University of Minnesota varieties or from Canada.  Apple trees are 5 foot bare root, most trees are in the 5 to 8 foot range.
1500 trees have been ordered and are $20.00 per tree. If tree orders exceed the original order we can adjust and order more by March 1st. Place your orders now so when we reorder we will have greater selections.
Delivery will be in mid-May after the frost leaves the ground.
All orders must be made through the chapter’s Regional Director or
Regional contact person, see list below.
(DO NOT SEND ORDERS TO THE MDHA STATE OFFICE)