Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489770 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well in his defense Glenn it's the first pic in a while with no Ketchup or buttered noodles  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
excellent!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well in his defense Glenn it's the first pic in a while with no Ketchup or buttered noodles  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
damb comedians.  :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Is there an official Minnesota Outdoorsman test kitchen? If there isn't, there should be. Think of all the possibilities. And heartburn.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's all test kitchens here!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good :happy1: except for those boxed taters :scratch:.....................not real big on those here.  :rolleyes:
hot damn......a complement from Gunner!!!!! :surrender: :happybounce: :Clap: :rotflmao:

needed a change in pace.......... there not my #1 choice either!
:scratch: Don't worry, I don't think you'll need to figure out how to get used to it. :sleazy:  :evil:      ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I made an executive decision and am going to make a big pot of vegetable beef soup.  Have 2.5 lbs of burger thawing out.  Just got carrots, celery, a couple of spuds, vidalia onions and our frozen green beans and whatever else I can find to dump into it.  The wife gets nervous about it.  LOLOL 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds delicious. Do you add barely too?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn, that would have been great!  I like that too.  I almost bought a rutabaga but I don't know if the wife likes them.  They can be kind of strong sometimes.  I will add a can of corn and maybe peas too.  I have a bag of our tomatoes thawing too.  Using your freeze now method and worry about the skin later JB.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
damb comedians.  :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk:
Some days you the clown, somedays you get clowned!   ;)
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I started adding  barley to my soups also... really adds to it! :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, just tried adding it this winter and really liked it. will be a thing from now on.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, just tried adding it this winter and really liked it. will be a thing from now on.

it really helps to thicken the soup too!!!! 

Online tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Someone needs to educate me here. What does a rutabaga do to a soup or stew?
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup just another veggie to throw in. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Riles glenn up... :coffee:

Actually, if you get a really good one, they can impart an almost sweet flavor and since they're a brassica, they add the cabbage family flavor. As I said, if they're a good one. Was an old timer where I grew up grew them down in the river bottom east of town. Always grown on new ground. They were good enough to eat raw. One I got from the local grocery store a couple years ago was like that. The one I got there last December was bland.  :confused:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:29:40 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:54:18 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Glenns trying to cook again!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Riles glenn up... :coffee:

Actually, if you get a really good one, they can impart an almost sweet flavor and since they're a brassica, they add the cabbage family flavor. As I said, if they're a good one. Was an old timer where I grew up grew them down in the river bottom east of town. Always grown on new ground. They were good enough to eat raw. One I got from the local grocery store a couple years ago was like that. The one I got there last December was bland.  :confused:
[/quot

Our elderly neighbors when we moved up here were legendary gardeners.  They brought things to us that I had to ask how to cook it.  LOL  It was great.  They gave us a turnip or two and rutabagas too.  That's right they did taste like cabbage.  Forgot that.  We miss Bob and Marybell.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been wanting to pickle some onions for a long time.  Just did it.  Took what 20 minutes to do a jar. Had red onions all winter but we are out of them.  Only had a vidalia here so pickled it with Braggs apple cider vinegar.  Hope that is ok.   Some water, sugar, salt. I also got a jalapeno out of the freezer and cut it up and added it.  Says can eat in half hour.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  Man the house smells like a pickle factory. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've pickled pearl onions in the past. But man is that tedious.  Takes alot of then little buggers to make a pint.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet they were good.  This is 1 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 3 TBs sugar, 1 TBS kosher salt.  I added the jalapeno.  Gonna be eating it pretty soon too.  It says wait half hour to eat.   :confused: :confused:

Online tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I bet they were good.  This is 1 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 3 TBs sugar, 1 TBS kosher salt.  I added the jalapeno.  Gonna be eating it pretty soon too.  It says wait half hour to eat.   :confused: :confused:
.  Well? Report.