Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: apple cider vinegar  (Read 4036 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so, on MSN, there was an article on the health benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar????? they claim a tablespoon or 2 in a glass of water does wonders for the body including lowering your blood sugar. it did however say you should talk to your doctor first.

I have read it does a lot of other things for the body too????????? anyone ever do this???????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife's been doing it a while,  I just started a couple of weeks ago.  But it tastes better mixed with orange juice for me, pretty hard to chug down with water.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: you drink it in the morning or at nite????????
« Last Edit: May 05/25/20, 09:30:09 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning,  a fella at work mixes it with coffee before he Leaves in the mornings. I haven't tried that tho..
« Last Edit: May 05/25/20, 09:43:42 AM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My SIL has always said that too.  She is an RN and has a Masters in Diabetes treatment.  The best is supposed to be Braggs apple cider vinegar containing "with Mother".  Whatever that is.  I put a shot or two in sphagetti, hotdish, soups etc.  Anything that I can sneak it in.  I feel GREAT!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Actually I don't if it makes me feel any better but maybe I would feel worse without it.   :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm gonna be sending my doc a message via MyChart tommorow asking about it. Mainly to see if it mess with my current meds. However,vi just can't fathom getting this hunk of a body any better. :rotflmao: :sleazy: :smoking: :rolleyes:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
My doc told me to take a shot of it before bed to stop acid reflux. It worked for awhile, then I bought a wedge pillow to be be elevated... that worked better, so I quit the vinegar.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't be any worse than eating a bunch of pickles can it? 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't be any worse than eating a bunch of pickles can it?
I love me garlic dill pickles. :hubba: :hubba: :hubba:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have an affinity for the leftover sweet pickle juice. Along with gin and quinine water, I should have my bases covered.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I have an affinity for the leftover sweet pickle juice. Along with gin and quinine water, I should have my bases covered.  :happy1:

You ought to change your profile pic to W.C. Fields.   ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You ought to change your profile pic to W.C. Fields.   ;)
naw…..he's got it pretty much pegged with one of the 3 stooges!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am so used to our dill pickles that they are my favorites now.  We need to do another batch cuz we are out.  Maybe I will put a shot or two of the Braggs w/Mothers in this time.   :sleazy:

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
My doc told me to take a shot of it before bed to stop acid reflux. It worked for awhile, then I bought a wedge pillow to be be elevated... that worked better, so I quit the vinegar.
My doc said the same. I found a vinegar capsule that I take once a day. No taste but the same effect. Haven't dealt with daily heartburn in over 5 years now. No longer take any medication for it either. Use to take pills daily. After reading the long term side effects I decided against taking them any longer. Except for an occasional tums when I really bring it on myself because of certain foods! Vinegar is the real deal I think, at least for acid reflux.
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I sent a message to my doc this morning, heard back from him a bit ago, he isn't aware of any health benefits to vinegar but said …...hey try and let me know how it goes!!!!!!!

I heard it was supposed to assist in lowering you blood sugar numbers and kinda cleanse your system??????? :scratch: :scratch: now I don't know what to think??????????????????/

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: May 05/26/20, 02:55:49 PM by Steve-o »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Since he's unemployed & Glenn's just looking for things to do... :whistling:

https://sciencebob.com/make-your-own-volcano/ 
« Last Edit: May 05/26/20, 03:41:57 PM by Dotch »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the way this conversation is going I think I'll wait before I buy some....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, you putz!! :rotflmao: ive been plenty busy, getting ready to head north first thing in da morning. :smoking: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well I sent a message to my doc this morning, heard back from him a bit ago, he isn't aware of any health benefits to vinegar but said …...hey try and let me know how it goes!!!!!!!

I heard it was supposed to assist in lowering you blood sugar numbers and kinda cleanse your system??????? :scratch: :scratch: now I don't know what to think??????????????????/
:bonk: :scratch: I'm bettin that layin off that MGL would help those #'s too. :doah: That or even switchin flavors to somethin better with fewer carbs. ;) :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman