Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Free lawn care...  (Read 1331 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Two years ago a well known lawn care service was treating a neighbors yard.  Being I had quite a weed infestation that I couldn't seem to get under control I ask him to take a look and give me some figures.  He came up with 4 applications of weed killer and fertilizer for less than I could buy the stuff so I said go ahead.  I paid for the 4 applications.  After two applications I suspended the service until the following year (last year).  After the second and last application last year, I told them I was done and no longer required their service.  Fast forward to yesterday.  I get home from working at the land and there's a bill hanging on the door indicating they had applied fertilizer and week control.  I called them today and after describing what happened they seemed to indicate it's a normal thing and they will take care of the bill.  Of course I had purchased and applied fertilizer and pre-emergence about 3 weeks ago so now I will be mowing every 3-4 days.  :bonk:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

If the dlb application doesn't burn up the lawn!  :undecided:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, same thing here.  I was able to head my guy off at the past before he put the application down.  He told me if I read the fine print of the contract that unless I explicitly cancel, they will re-up me the following year.  All good now.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Steve-o,
I did the same thing last year AFTER canceling they called and said they were coming to apply.  I again told them NO and cancel.  Well, a few days ago they did call and leave a msg the day before but I was fishing and didn't listen to it. Also, wouldn't you think it's a little late to apply crabgrass preventer?  It doesn't add up.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***