Minnesota Outdoorsman - Minnesota Fishing and Hunting Reports

Recent

Author Topic: Free lawn care...  (Read 201 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 855
  • Likes Given: 0
Free lawn care...
« on: May 28, 2020, 07:37:47 PM »
Two years ago a well known lawn care service was treating a neighbors yard.  Being I had quite a weed infestation that I couldn't seem to get under control I ask him to take a look and give me some figures.  He came up with 4 applications of weed killer and fertilizer for less than I could buy the stuff so I said go ahead.  I paid for the 4 applications.  After two applications I suspended the service until the following year (last year).  After the second and last application last year, I told them I was done and no longer required their service.  Fast forward to yesterday.  I get home from working at the land and there's a bill hanging on the door indicating they had applied fertilizer and week control.  I called them today and after describing what happened they seemed to indicate it's a normal thing and they will take care of the bill.  Of course I had purchased and applied fertilizer and pre-emergence about 3 weeks ago so now I will be mowing every 3-4 days.  :bonk:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 775
  • Likes Given: 1922
Re: Free lawn care...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:26:16 PM »

If the dlb application doesn't burn up the lawn!  :undecided:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 933
  • Likes Given: 153
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 07:56:22 AM »
Yeah, same thing here.  I was able to head my guy off at the past before he put the application down.  He told me if I read the fine print of the contract that unless I explicitly cancel, they will re-up me the following year.  All good now.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 855
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 10:06:08 AM »
Steve-o,
I did the same thing last year AFTER canceling they called and said they were coming to apply.  I again told them NO and cancel.  Well, a few days ago they did call and leave a msg the day before but I was fishing and didn't listen to it. Also, wouldn't you think it's a little late to apply crabgrass preventer?  It doesn't add up.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Video