Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Strawberries  (Read 2712 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Anyone got any idea when the local, not store bought strawberries are ready?? Went past 2 farm and garden places that sell that kind of stuff and they didn't have any advertised.

I did see a veggie stand maybe check that out tomorrow. Man I live this time of year. Just cut up our 6th watermelon for the year tonight.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'd have to defer to Roony on the place SE of Waseca. I forget the guy's name (Bathke?) but I think he usually has them. Haven't seen any signs saying they're ready but one would think the heat prior to this rain would've pushed them along.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
My rows now have flowers and green berries on them. At least 10 days to ripe berries. I have 5 varieties and they are all at different stages.
The closest Pick-your-own to me is just outside of Perham. Not picking there yet.
« Last Edit: June 06/11/20, 02:53:44 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My rows now have flowers and green berries on them. At least 10 days to ripe berries. I have 5 varieties and they are all at different stages.
The closest Pick-your-own to me is just outside of Perham. Not picking there yet.
:happy1: thanks for the info...…..pretty tempted to hit one of those veggie stands!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've got flowers and green berries on mine....probably be a few more weeks yet before picking.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ed's Greenhouse & Produce. You been there recently Roony?
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Picked up a couple containers of strawberries for 5 bucks each and a container of raspberries for 4 bucks at a veggie stand yesterday. Man ate they tasty. They might make it till tomorrow. :whistling: :whistling: also cut up our 10yh watermelon for the year last night.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Picked up a couple containers of strawberries for 5 bucks each and a container of raspberries for 4 bucks at a veggie stand yesterday. Man ate they tasty. They might make it till tomorrow. :whistling: :whistling: also cut up our 10yh watermelon for the year last night.

man ya really like the piss pumpkins don't ya!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn straight. :happy1: :happy1: and that's already half gone!! :confused: :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn straight. :happy1: :happy1: and that's already half gone!! :confused: :confused:
:tut: You can have all of ours! Not a fan, no taste IMO, much rather have a nice ripe cantelope. :happy1: Probably on #4 or 5 of those in the last couple months or so.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
or honey dew melons too!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I will. :happy1: when I stopped at the stand they had a note/ sign up regarding sweet corn, the corn came from Georgia. It said they either paid what they charged or they didn't carry any. Supposedly the Georgia farmers where concerned about the COVID and didn't plant as much.

Sweet corn is going to be dirt cheap this fall. All those farmers around big lake that planted sweet corn for the state fair are really scrambling to find ways to get rid of it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You 2 are melon heads!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: You can have all of ours! Not a fan, no taste IMO, much rather have a nice ripe cantelope. :happy1: Probably on #4 or 5 of those in the last couple months or so.
:pouty: thanks to you we now have a mushmelon. :confused: :rotflmao:

Usually what I refer to a cantelope. :nerd: wonder how long that is gonna last  :scratch: :rolleyes:  :whistling: :whistling:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Your an expert on melon heads too?  :rolleyes: :bonk: Can't say I'm REAL surprised. :doah: :evil:                                                               :mooning: :nerd: :nerd:                                             

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Your an expert on melon heads too?  :rolleyes: :bonk: Can't say I'm REAL surprised. :doah: :evil:                                                               :mooning: :nerd: :nerd:                                           
well when your on 3 different sites with them, it's not hard to figure you guys out!!!🤪 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :evil: :surrender:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:                                                                :shocked: :laugh: :laugh: