Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Public outcry once again!  (Read 8830 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
    Aunt Jemima to remove image from packaging and rename brand......

:crazy: ....
The breakfast brand Aunt Jemima is removing its logo and will be renamed, amid public outcry :taz: that the branding perpetuated a racist stereotype, its parent company said Wednesday.

Quaker Oats said in a statement that the longtime brand will remove the image of Aunt Jemima from its packaging starting at the end of 2020, and the name change will happen at a later date.

“As we work to make progress toward racial equality through several initiatives, we also must take a hard look at our portfolio of brands and ensure they reflect our values and meet our consumers’ expectations,” said Kristin Kroepfl, vice president and chief marketing officer of Quaker Foods North America.

“We recognize Aunt Jemima’s origins are based on a racial stereotype. While work has been done over the years to update the brand in a manner intended to be appropriate and respectful, we realize those changes are not enough.”

Quaker Oats, a subsidiary of PepsiCo, owns the Aunt Jemima brand, which has been around for more than 130 years.

“We acknowledge the brand has not progressed enough to appropriately reflect the confidence, warmth and dignity that we would like it to stand for today,” Kroepfl said.

“We are starting by removing the image and changing the name. We will continue the conversation by gathering diverse perspectives from both our organization and the Black community to further evolve the brand and make it one everyone can be proud to have in their pantry.”

The rebrand comes after “Aunt Jemima” became a trending topic on Twitter Tuesday, with many users criticizing the company for maintaining the name and logo for so long.

What would we do wit out Public Outcry! :scratch: :taz:  :confused:

« Last Edit: June 06/17/20, 11:33:09 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what about popeyes chicken????
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  And da Beat goes on and on and on! :banghead:

Purdy soon what's gunna happen ta chocolate milk :tut:

You ain't seen nuttin yet :doofus:

:coffee: ......
https://chicago.suntimes.com/taste/2020/6/17/21295176/mrs-butterworths-syrup-conagra-brands-aunt-jemima-uncle-bens-racial-bias
« Last Edit: June 06/18/20, 09:19:32 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
what about popeyes chicken????
:puke: i dont care what name they changed to..........there food is disqusting. ate at one in Fargo......... worse food i've had in a long time.

yea this name changing stuff for the reasons as absolutely asinaine!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :thumbs: :crazy: :crazy: :angry2:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Next we will hear that all the manufacturers are racist because they are not using the images of anyone with any color...all the crap in this country going on right now and all they can worry about is a picture used for years?   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And why is the Fighting Irish allowed if the Fighting Sioux isn't?  And personally I could care less what names teams are. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And what about this one? Right under our noses here in MN! I'm incensed! Outraged! PO'ed! And actually still hungry from lunch... :scratch:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g43127-d15805539-Reviews-Honkys_Bar_and_Grill-Grove_City_Minnesota.html 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If that isn't a slap in the face of us whiteys. 

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
And why is the Fighting Irish allowed if the Fighting Sioux isn't?  And personally I could care less what names teams are.

Because the Sioux tribe wanted them to. Haven't heard many Irish ask to change n the name

Opposite.....the Seminole tribe told Florida State they could keep their nickname. Otherwise they would have changed also.

The one I can't believe is Redskins
« Last Edit: June 06/19/20, 05:06:38 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Because the Sioux tribe wanted them to. Haven't heard many Irish ask to change n the name

Opposite.....the Seminole tribe told Florida State they could keep their nickname. Otherwise they would have changed also.

The one I can't believe is Redskins
Actually with the fighting Sioux it was the PC police that made them change the name. The majority of the tribe was good with it. The leaders of the tribe also wouldn't not allow a vote on it and the NCAA wasn't going to allow it either. The PC police went after the Warroad Warriors too and didn't back down until Henry Boucha went down there and explained to them to back off. That the tribe was apart of naming the teams and were proud off the name. Surprised the PC police haven't tried to call the name Warroad offensive. Yet.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I protest! Cracker Barrel needs to go!  :angry:

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/satirical-petition-calls-for-cracker-barrel-to-change-name-to-caucasian-barrel

100% and change the Paleface and Whiteface Rivers while their at it!   :mad1:

And all the places named "squaw lake" or "squaw bay"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
read in fridays trib an article that now they want to go after and change state flags that are offensive, and Minnesota's  is one of them....................WTF................whens this  :bs: nonesense gonna stop!!!!!! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :confused: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
read in fridays trib an article that now they want to go after and change state flags that are offensive, and Minnesota's  is one of them....................WTF................whens this  :bs: nonesense gonna stop!!!!!! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :confused: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Well, it does show an Indian tramping a poor farms field...………………..So.   :scratch:
« Last Edit: July 07/06/20, 04:14:18 PM by Leech~~ »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
WTF................whens this  :bs: nonesense gonna stop!!!!!! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :confused: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

It ain't until we vote these wing-nuts out of office.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WTF................whens this  :bs: nonesense gonna stop!!!!!! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :confused: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

It ain't until we vote these wing-nuts out of office.
it pissed me off so bad I didn't finish reading who was actually behind it.

Get rid of one set of wing nuts, another set comes in. :rotflmao: :confused:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Unfortunately you are right.  It is easier to debate what is on the flag or what your street are called or what statues are in your park than it is to compromise and complete substantial legislation to make a difference.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems like we are supposed to be blind to the fact that there are different kinds of people and ethnicities.  Walk around being blind in our minds as to the fact that we are all different and we all came from different places.  Do they want us to all believe we are the same color.  Will never happen and now it is getting worse I think.  So confusing. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The flag stuff got started in Mississippi as their state flag has a small Confederate flag in it & it's just snowballed from there. :pouty:
« Last Edit: July 07/07/20, 09:16:44 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

#cancelculture   :crazy:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems like we are supposed to be blind to the fact that there are different kinds of people and ethnicities.  Walk around being blind in our minds as to the fact that we are all different and we all came from different places.  Do they want us to all believe we are the same color.  Will never happen and now it is getting worse I think.  So confusing.
I used to think that. Now I just don't know what we are supposed to do.  But I can think what I do.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to think that. Now I just don't know what we are supposed to do.  But I can think what I do.

"Now I just don't know what we are supposed to do"

May be Live life like your in a FREE country?   :coffee: 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We've got a classic case of symbolism over substance going on. Same problem with lots of things. Not sure what some of this is supposed to be about either. What I do know is that protesting while damaging public and private property along with closing freeways & groups squatting in parts of major cities gets lots of media attention. I also know my reaction to this kind of behavior and to the media feeding frenzy (social & otherwise) it creates is not positive nor will it ever be. Now, I've got to get back to work to pay for all this nonsense!  :angry:

Oh yeah, and one more thing: I find out a company is tossing money at BLM and other associated groups, I will go out of my way to avoid doing business with them or buying their products. End of rant.   
« Last Edit: July 07/07/20, 12:34:19 PM by Dotch »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup that's important stuff for sure....   :thumbs:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!