Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing for ~  (Read 3368 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Frog's? no wonder the bass are so big in florida,look at what they eat...

Good lesson here for Grandpa Tom,try top water mice on the river.j/k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP7oFNGy9H8

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
now there's some frog legs!!!!  yummy!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
now there's some frog legs!!!!  yummy!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

My thought's exactly,hard to find frog leg's these days on menu's,as a kid my folks brought us kid's out for sunday brunch,I remember in my case frog leg's were my first choice,delicacy....been years since I've seen frog leg's on the menu but maybe down south more common?
« Last Edit: September 09/27/21, 10:56:09 AM by snow1 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a heck of a frog.  I remember frog legs used to be more common on menus at steak house type places.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
A topwater mouse'll getcha a largemouth grasscarp, if no froggers are around...
but a pile o' the froggers make a nice meal, beer-batter froggy legs!  :tongue:
« Last Edit: September 09/27/21, 11:09:25 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the only way I have had them the last few years was to make them myself...  but yes would see them on menu's at nice place's all the time...  not any more....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bring back memories of those 60's supper clubs, don't it?  :undecided:

Never caught a frogger on a mousie, which I used to use in heavy lily covered areas.
« Last Edit: September 09/27/21, 12:10:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I've got one of these weedless frog lures,infact they are a blast to use in the heavy cover/pads,the old ones I have use a litium battery that emitts a periodic frog rivet when wet,but bouncing lures off pads is a great adrenaline rush like using buzz baits when big bass blow up on the lure

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've got one of these weedless frog lures,infact they are a blast to use in the heavy cover/pads,the old ones I have use a litium battery that emitts a periodic frog rivet when wet,but bouncing lures off pads is a great adrenaline rush like using buzz baits when big bass blow up on the lure

Don't wanna get one of those caught in yer underwear...*RIBET*RIBET*  :shocked:  :rotflmao:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Bring back memories of those 60's supper clubs, don't it?  :undecided:

Never caught a frogger on a mousie, which I used to use in heavy lily covered areas.

The Anchor Inn used to have frog legs on the menu, all you can eat. I don’t think there are any left, at least in Minnesota?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty sure they went kaput many years ago. I know there were some scattered around. Oh, what a place! A bunch of us would head up there on Fridays after work, (The one just north of Wabasha, and also the Lake City one) and the beer and food would come non-stop......some great memories. Sure do remember the sign out front...
and the matchbooks.
« Last Edit: September 09/27/21, 04:53:34 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee Reb,memories for sure,never hit the anchor in in wabasha even tho I  spent many years hunting this area and further east to Elba but  anchor super club in Bayport wisc.

PS~ and of course "Grumpy old Men"
 was on last night,seen this movie many times,a classic good once a year...
« Last Edit: September 09/28/21, 10:55:11 AM by snow1 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was at Slippery's in Wabasha last Summer for lunch with a friend and to scatter my cuz's ashes in the 'ssissippi...picked up a GOM T-shirt there. Love that place. Gotta get up there soon. Always a nice Fall river drive.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Was at Slippery's in Wabasha last Summer for lunch with a friend and to scatter my cuz's ashes in the 'ssissippi...picked up a GOM T-shirt there. Love that place. Gotta get up there soon. Always a nice Fall river drive.

Agreed,the drive thru the white water valley when the tree's are turning is a great drive,better yet is the view from the bluff's over looking the valley,some giant deer below,spent hours over seeing the valley whilst pass shooting big northern mallards coming off the river to feed in the picked cornfields in late november on top of the bluff's above Beaver.sadly today the farmer sold out to a developer,house are now standing on my hunting bluff above the dore pools.