Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 901076 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I can see why you couldn't post that pic til today, your just finally able to catch your breath now!!!  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Thanks boober, gonna try it.  :happy1:

Dotch, gloves  :confused: :scratch: that TNT and chaser hazardous materials!!!🤭 :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: Those gloves are for slapping up small woodland creatures if they attempt to mess with me or my food while grilling.  :evil:

Actually those are for grabbing the grate after burning and scraping the crap off of it. Also handy when dumping the coals out of the basket & spreading them. Rubberized so they're non-slip but won't catch fire. A valuable aid in the searing process... :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah. Spotted cow. Good stuff Maynard!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just grabbed this guy off the grill and will be served with a cold tuna-macaroni salad. Surf and turf, kinda. Was real tasty too. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, Dotch. Where’d you get those gloves?  Been looking at some grilling gloves that are way too stiff. These look like you could actually pick something up with them.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My wife gave them to me as a gift once upon a time. I looked to see if there's a name brand on them but didn't find one. It does say that they're made of aramid fiber and I believe the grips on them are silicone. Also says they are washable. I've probably had them 10 years. They are nice for grabbing onto hot stuff without worrying about catching them on fire or getting a nasty burn. I like the fact they cover a fair amount of my forearm because that's where I was always getting burned when I used the Weber mitts. Those weren't fireproof either. One time after I was done grilling I'd put them away in their usual spot. Next thing I know there's smoke coming out of the drawer!  :doah:

Of the one's I checked out on Amazon, these are probably the closest match. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Heat-Resistant-Grill-Insulated-Accessories/dp/B00RUBZNDQ/ref=sr_1_10?adgrpid=1330409633709984&hvadid=83150673067190&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=71962&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=p&hvtargid=kwd-83150945112164%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=15249_10679979&keywords=grilling+mitt&qid=1658115034&sr=8-10
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
FF does carry gloves like that too... any good grilling store will have them... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got some silicone ones with my Ronco rotisserie years ago that are pretty nice too. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Pigger chops, zucchini and Anaheim peppers on da grill......
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Love them.  Looks great.  I am doing chicken thighs spiced up pretty good and in the pellet smoker at 400 for 45 minutes.  Don't even flip them and they are great!  My brother told me this so it is Chuck's Chicken.  lol 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Grilled burgers and fries. Tried the grilled zookini MEH!!!  :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
where's the Mayo!!!   MW!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

looks good!!  have not tried the grilled zucchinis yet...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got to have mayo on burgers.  AND mustard and ketchup. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut:. Nope no MW and damn sure no mayo. :tut: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We need to bring gunner in for a searing assessment on those burgers... :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We need to bring gunner in for a searing assessment on those burgers... :rotflmao:
:tut: the mail goes both ways bub!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Looks like they might have been done in the toaster to me!!!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Looks like they might have been done in the toaster to me!!!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty:                     training-087 training-087 training-087

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got the chicky in under the radar. Seasoned with Kickin' Chicken and slathered with Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy for the last 7 minutes or so. Grilled indirect so I had time for a few libations while I was at it. Mrs. Cheviot came home crabby but after she had an ear of sweet corn she mellowed out. Doesn't like chicky so more for me!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/08/22, 10:36:10 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice looking meal!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I really like those 8 packs of thighs. Gnaw through a couple when they come off the grill then eat the rest for leftovers. Pretty tough to go wrong.  :azn:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup I like them too!!!  darn good eating!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
habanero cheddar brats off the grill for lunch today...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so I grilled some Johnsonville sausage strips for breakfast..  not that bad!!  I really expected it to be more fatty than it was..  maybe in a fry pan might be different...  went good with my omelet!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been wondering how they were. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finally got a chance to grill later this evening. Was helping the neighbors find their dog that ran off. We've had some dogs run of over the years so hafta pay it ahead. Good news was they found it. Anywho, got some of Morgan's world famous egg roll brats finally after they were out the past couple times we've stopped. Add a little Swiss or gouda, SWEET pickle relish, honey mustard, sweet & sour sauce, siracha sauce & some horseradish. Sides include cukes from the garden and our 1st homegrown sweet corn of the season. Mrs. Cheviot tried to coerce me into letting her have her way with me but I was having none of it. Just wanted to enjoy my brats so I played possum until she desisted.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks excessively "seared"  :doah: :rotflmao: to me!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: Keep it up & I'll sear you!  :rotflmao:

I didn't get started grilling until ~9:30 so was using the braille method. These were different than the egg roll brats they were making when Morgan's was in Bugtussle. These tasted sweeter than I recall & they seemed to get browner faster. My phone camera also makes things look darker than they really are under artificial light a lot of times. Must be some setting to adjust it but that's down there on the priority list.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: :tut: Keep it up & I'll sear you!  :rotflmao:

I didn't get started grilling until ~9:30 so was using the braille method. These were different than the egg roll brats they were making when Morgan's was in Bugtussle. These tasted sweeter than I recall & they seemed to get browner faster. My phone camera also makes things look darker than they really are under artificial light a lot of times. Must be some setting to adjust it but that's down there on the priority list.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: