Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: CNN blames wage gap for WNBA Griner arrest  (Read 2372 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
CNN’s Bash blames wage gap for Griner arrest, claims player wouldn't have been in Russia if WNBA paid like NBA

"CNN anchor and chief political correspondent Dana Bash claimed that the WNBA’s low pay, as compared to NBA players’ salaries, could have been a factor in the sentencing of WNBA player Brittney Griner to nine years in a Russian prison."  Really?    :scratch:  Is she serious?   :confused:

I don't know why the lefties need to turn everyone into a victim.

Griner was arrested because she brought cannabis oil vape cartridges into a foreign country - one that has stricter laws than the one she is used to and one that isn't getting along particularly well with ours.  Really bad timing on her part and a life-altering bad break for her.

This isn't a gender pay gap issue.  NBA players aren't being paid what they get just because they play basketball.  They are getting paid because they fill arenas and allow team owners to sell TV rights for billions.  If the WNBA could do the same, they'd be paid just as well.

Griner got an extremely harsh sentence because she broke the law in a country that wants to stick it to the USA, not because she doesn't make as much as LeBron James.

Why is this so difficult for lefti-libbers to understand?   :confused:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Has to be climate change related.. :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
CNN’s Bash blames wage gap for Griner arrest, claims player wouldn't have been in Russia if WNBA paid like NBA

"CNN anchor and chief political correspondent Dana Bash claimed that the WNBA’s low pay, as compared to NBA players’ salaries, could have been a factor in the sentencing of WNBA player Brittney Griner to nine years in a Russian prison."  Really?    :scratch:  Is she serious?   :confused:

I don't know why the lefties need to turn everyone into a victim.

Griner was arrested because she brought cannabis oil vape cartridges into a foreign country - one that has stricter laws than the one she is used to and one that isn't getting along particularly well with ours.  Really bad timing on her part and a life-altering bad break for her.

This isn't a gender pay gap issue.  NBA players aren't being paid what they get just because they play basketball.  They are getting paid because they fill arenas and allow team owners to sell TV rights for billions.  If the WNBA could do the same, they'd be paid just as well.

Griner got an extremely harsh sentence because she broke the law in a country that wants to stick it to the USA, not because she doesn't make as much as LeBron James.

Why is this so difficult for lefti-libbers to understand?   :confused:

How do they keep coming up with these alternative crazy points of view?   :doofus:   :bs:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Obviously they threw the book at a more-or-less innocent (yes, guilty of misdomenor posession, not drug smuggling), high profile American citizen so Biden would be cow towed into a prisoner swap for Russian arms dealer, Viktor Bout, AKA the "Merchant of Death."

:popcorn:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we all need pawns apparently 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: mehl she might be a heck of a basketball player but she likes girls. :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
She is a victim.......... of her own stupidity and vanity to think the laws didn't apply to her or she would get away with it. Now to get a doper and spy back we have to trade a known & convicted arms dealer. Seems about right for 2022.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So either she brought it and got it through the airports (???) or it was planted in her luggage.  We don't know which it was.  But if she did get it through said airports without detection until she got to Russia shame on her.  If it was planted shame on Putin. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
She is a known doper. She has been to Russia before. Putin didn't need to get involved, this is all on her.

To my way of thinking far to much time has been spent on her. I understand wanting to get her back from the big bad Soviet Union but there are US citizens scattered in jails around the world that nobody has mentioned.

She can do the time or be released. I don't really care one way or another.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think she slipped up and Putin took advantage.  This from NPR:

Brittney Griner had a doctor's note for cannabis use, her lawyer tells Russian court

A lawyer for WNBA star Brittney Griner at her drug possession trial in Russia on Friday gave the court a U.S. doctor's letter recommending she use medical cannabis to treat pain.

Griner ... was arrested at Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport in February after customs officials said they found vape canisters containing cannabis oil in her luggage.

Griner pleaded guilty and acknowledged possessing the canisters but said she had no criminal intent and said they were in her luggage because she packed hastily in her return to Russia.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WOWZER......just read she got 9 years!!!!!!!!! like dutchy said.....dont really care much one way or another but damn!!!!!! :doah:

WHY would anyone go there now.  :confused: i think they should send every Russian athlete in the states back home.......screw them!!!!1

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, who in their right mind would even go there in the first place?

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
As a WNBA player, Griner was making about $225K per season.  In Russia, she was making over $1 Mil per season.  She has played there for the past 7 seasons.  That's pretty decent motivation. 

It does make you wonder how/why they play female backetball players so much.  Perhaps women's basketball is more popular in Europe and Russia and they have more revenue streams and greater desire to attract the top players.  Or, maybe the money-grubbing WNBA franchise owners could pay more, but don't.  Who knows.

Still, the Ruskies have always played hard ball.

There was talk that they weren't going to give Russian NHL player and MN Wild's Kiril Kaprizov a VISA to return to the United States.  They were claiming that Kaprizov still owed The Russian State some military service.  However, he did get out and got back to MN a couple of days ago.

Wilderness Walk: Kaprizov back in Minnesota

Minnesota Wild star Kirill Kaprizov has, after multiple failed attempts, finally left Russia to return to the United States safe and sound. Without any concern about not having their star for training camp in some geopolitical confrontation, the team can breathe.
« Last Edit: August 08/05/22, 11:21:26 AM by Steve-o »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
She / it is another one that doesn't like the United States Of America Anthem..... they can keep her / it.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't know one thing about her until this "incident".  Thanks for the info.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
MOSCOW — WNBA star Brittney Griner has been found guilty of drug trafficking charges in Russia. The judge has sentenced Griner to 9 years in a Russian penal colony where she will never have to hear America's national anthem being played.

"I'm thrilled with this ruling," said Griner to reporters. "For 9 years I will be free from the systemic racism of America and will never have to hear that awful national anthem being played. I look forward to living out the next decade far away in beautiful Russia."

Sources close to Griner say she is also thrilled that she got the exact same sentence a man would have gotten for the exact same crime. "In Russia, they really seem to care about closing the sentencing gap between men and women," she said.

Russian authorities say Griner will be given special tasks around the penal colony, such as reaching things on high shelves, pruning the tops of trees, and breaking large rocks into little rocks.

"I just want to say thank you to Vladimir Putin for saving me from the racist hellhole that is the United States, if only for 9 years," said Griner.

At publishing time, President Biden proposed bringing Griner back home by exchanging her for Hunter Biden.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :scratch: :doah: that last sentence is funny, but damn I don't know if the rest is true or not. But if it is she can just rot over there as far as I'm concerned!! :doah:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You might have to get out the chalkboard mikey... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
While in the Gulog she can do the sex change dealie and then have a traditional marriage then she could play in the NBA and make some money.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 See BS is on board. Thank god for the MSM... :coffee:

« Last Edit: August 08/06/22, 02:02:43 PM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman