Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Spring is here!!!  (Read 5198 times)

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
At least Spring will be here in a week or so!!! I'll be hading out for some crappie/sunfish action as soon as the water warms a few degrees. In the St. Cloud area there is still some slush on the down wind sides of the area lakes but it will soon be gone. If I were a betting man, and I am, I would bet you can't find any lake ice by this comming weekend regardless of weather. Crappies should be spawining soon if they arn't already. I'll let you all know how I do this weekend. Good luck and keep eachother posted!!!
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
still lots of ice here in Itasca county.
I just got in from a  toodle around the lake on the four wheeler.
at no point did my nervous alarm go off.
I went a quarter mile out.
I didnt bore any holes though.
I just wanted to take a look see.
I will be heading to lake of the woods in the morning.
I will bring the camera and ake some photos of the outing.
hopefully with some fish?
only five more days of walleye season.
get while the gettin's good!
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline labs4me

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If I were a betting man, and I am, I would bet you can't find any lake ice by this comming weekend regardless of weather. ~ Greg

I know a guy who lives up by Lake of the Woods... they drove out 7 miles in a full size Bronco yesterday!  Never felt nervous the whole day... said fishing was great!  40 inches of solid ice yet... that ice ain't goin' no where by this weekend!!!  And I'll lay down a bet if you want!  ;D

Myself?  I'd feel much better on an ATV vs. a vehicle... but ice fishing is still going full tilt up north! ::fishing:

I may even make a run to Red one last time this weekend if I have a chance at a sunburn!

Good Luck!

Ken

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
Well if you want to drive on the St. Cloud area lakes and set up your portable you better bring your swim-suit or put your portable on the potoon! Nothing but water as far as I see. I'll be in search of the panfish this weekend... In a boat. Good luck up north!

~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
With 7 above this morning. It was the warmest morning in a week.

atleast 6" of snow on the ground still and more comming the way it looks.

I am willing to bet, they postpone the Waleye opener on some bodies of water(ice maybe)

Just seen, we are under a "Winter Storm Watch" up to 6 inches or more.

Most lakes are open by April 17th up here. There's no way! this is going to happen this year...lots of ice. I see several still out ice fishing

There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate it! The weather has got to break here soon... or mabey not! Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest of them is HOPE!!! Hope the weather changes!!!
~ Greg
Ps. Global Warming? NOT IN MINNESOTA!!!

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
not today it wont  :ROTFLMAO: