Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Red Lake Report  (Read 1923 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
URL report 1-1 thru 1-3... :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:
 :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

Seriously, I think this is the coldest it's ever been for me up there, and I've had some cold ones...

-37 both Friday and Sat nights.  But the fish were biting.  We went out of J.R.'s this time because a buddy of mine has a place on the south shore and he went out there.  got setup Friday night about 3:30pm... and not really a good evening bite.  Picked up a few, but not the greatest.  But after dark, the rattle reels went here and there, and then all heck broke loose between midnight and 1:30 a.m. All in all, I don't think I got more then 2 hours sleep that night because a rattle reel would go everytime I was just about to fall asleep.  Sat. during the day was kind of slow, pick one up here and there, and then Sat eve came and went, picked up a few... I stayed up manning the rattle reels until 1:30am Sat night and picked up 3 jigging and one on a rattle reel to get finally get our limit (16) of keepers for four people, was me a buddy and two of my kids. the best bight was dead sticking on the rattle reels and the best lure by far was the white frosty demon that glowed blue.  caught half of the fish outta 5 rattle reels we had down.
Road was in great shape, was about 4-5 inches of snow so you could go anywhere, no major drifts to speak of.  plenty of ice... and always bring your extension, why even ask.
biggest of the weekend was only 21", overall i'd say we caught about 40-45 fish
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline meadowcreek

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We've been out the last couple of nights.  We caught two fish every night. Tommorrow we are going to move the house into shalow water  9-10 feet. 
Greg

Professional Ice Fisherman on Sabatical, and
Home Grown Chicken Farmer  (The Good Kind)
Always willing to help any fisherman find a place to stay or point them in the right direction on Upper Red Lake.
218-647-8679

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
only 2? you should be doing better then that
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline meadowcreek

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We are going out for three hours at a time, but we are going to move the house.  I've been hearing they are doing better 3-5 miles out on the south shore.
Greg

Professional Ice Fisherman on Sabatical, and
Home Grown Chicken Farmer  (The Good Kind)
Always willing to help any fisherman find a place to stay or point them in the right direction on Upper Red Lake.
218-647-8679