Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Automated customer service.  (Read 757 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I hate it. Figuring out which number to press if your issue isn't on their menu. Saying a particular word clearly or loud enough for the computer to comprehend.
      Why can't real people answer the phone?
      I had to call a CVS recently because I have gotten two voice messages for a person I don't know, (either Adam or Eric, I think) telling them their prescription is ready to be picked up. Not a problem the automated voice could comprehend. After about 20 minutes of chasing an option, yelling at the phone and great frustration, I finally got a pharmacist.
      I told her my situation. She apologized and said she deleted my phone number from the computer. I thank her but told her the other problem is that someone is not getting notified of their meds being ready.
      She said they would find out who they should be calling.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :doah: :doah: i feel your pain TT....... :crazy: :crazy: :doofus: and it take half the time if a real person answered the phone right off the getgo!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
VA is automated too...  but so far I can use that with to much hassle..   but all the other one's are all POS's!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Somebody that works in that field once told us that if you want to actually talk to a real person all you really have to do is when they give you all the auto options is ignore them & just press O. We've found that will almost always let you talk to a real person. Now, if they're actually US based & speak good English or over in a 3rd world country is another issue entirely. :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      My wife told me to press "0". It took me back to the main menu.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
used to be able to say representative but that doesn't seem to work any more...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother quit CVS auto renewal prescriptions after fighting them for more than a year because they wanted to send him another 3 months every 60 days. So, after 4 months he had an extra 2 months & they wanted to sent him another 3 months. :doah: My insurance, UHC, wants me to do the same thing but I refuse. Besides, it more of a benefit the insurance company than it is to you.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They do push the pills.  Everyone gets paid when the prescriptions get filled.

I wasn't paying attention when i picked up some prescriptions for my mom.  The pharmacy filled a prescription the doctor said not to take anymore.  I don't know if it should have been cancelled or what...  but those pills can't get returned and medicare ain't goona get a refund.
 :doofus:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
      My wife told me to press "0". It took me back to the main menu.
:scratch: It seems to work most of the time for us. :confused: Yeah, those 20 minutes on the phone & going nowhere situations can be frustrating.  :banghead:

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Even better is when you finally get a person and they ask for a security pin that was never set up so they can’t help. But are sorry. :banghead:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not all Customer Service/support departments are this way. I have had very good experiences with the people at TenPoint Crossbows. First of all, I always get to talk to a person. They are always quick to respond to my questions or issues whether by phone or email. If you remember the bow shot faster than the "arrow drop compensation" scope could be adjusted for. They gave me four options including replacing the bow. The second issue was the lighted nocks didn't light. They sent me two 3 pack replacement boxes (not cheap at $109 for a three pack). The third issue was also with the lighted nocks. I noticed that when the arrow was loaded in the bow, the nock was not aligned correctly with the string. This issue was only with one of the 4 boxes of lighted nock arrows. They go into great detail on how you need to make sure these are aligned correctly if you install them, but these came this way from the factory. They requested pictures which I sent. Today I received a replacement box. I have to say I'm happy with the customer service. Of course, it would be better if I didn't need to contact them but they really stood behind their products.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***