Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2014 MNO Fishing Challenge Smackdown-enter at your own risk:)  (Read 227053 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    I just noticed something.  Master Lee Borgersen is sitting at 6999 posts.   :Clap: :Clap:    :bow: :bow:    :USA: :USA:   I think I speak for all of us here at MNO.  Your participation is and has been greatly appreciated.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
    I just noticed something.  Master Lee Borgersen is sitting at 6999 posts.   :Clap: :Clap:    :bow: :bow:    :USA: :USA:   I think I speak for all of us here at MNO.  Your participation is and has been greatly appreciated.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

The man's a legend I tell ya!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
no wonder he cant catch fish hes on MNO all the time. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Congrae lee! awsome numbers :happy1:
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee, nice to see you are worried.  But Roberto has no bearing on whether I join or not, he actually posts fish and participates around here.  I'm just waiting to see if the entry fee does it's job.  So far  :happy1: with a couple that hopefully a little cash on the line lights a fire under them.
« Last Edit: March 03/29/14, 12:26:56 AM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:popcorn: .............The news just keeps pouring in here at MNO :dancinred:

OK, so help me out here.  Does this add below mean that greatoutdoors is donating a free guided fishing trip to some lucky winner in the 2014 Fishing Challenge? On the other hand knowing him it's just another ploy to entice people to his shop. :banghead:

On a lighter note I spotted an add in the Ely Echo.

Help wanted:

"Desperately seeking a part time body guard. This would only be a part time position for a three week period in July. This would be a 24 hr. round the clock opportunity. I will provide room and board staying with me. I should have room for two under the front porch of my shop".

Please contact: Jim Maki at the Greatoutdoors shop Ely Mn.
I would be the man with the large lump on my head from last year when I was attacked by Borgie :oops1: fell down by accident :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/29/14, 09:03:00 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Lee,
I always answer a Challenge with action. training-087
Because of this dissing, the team I'm on will crush Borgie's Bingo Bimbos so badly, she will take it out on Lee's head. :Clap:
Her words to him before his demise will be, "you hadda fire him up, and he crushed my team!!" :banghead:
With two clubs in her hands, she will proceed to play the drum solo of "Wipeout" on Lee's noggin, which will be shared with the world on a Utube video!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
OH YEAH, BABEE!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
With two clubs in her hands, she will proceed to play the drum solo of "Wipeout" on Lee's noggin, which will be shared with the world on a Utube video!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I for one will be looking forward to that video - Rock on with your bad self Borgie!   :bow:

Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I talked to walleye woman last week (greatoutdoors fishin friend). She stated that this fall she will be coming out with a video titled.

"Greatoutdoors Bloopers And Blunders" :rotflmao:

Since she was unfortunate enough to have had spent some time on the water with our hero :bonk: she's gathered some of Greatoutdoors adventures on video. She states that the footage she's collected makes Bill Dance's video look like child's play. :happy1: Everything from him sinking his special vehicle to the bottom of Burntside to his famous memory lapses and Borgie Beatdown head lumps.  training-087   I almost forgot :doah: then there was the time he :popcorn: better wait for the video to come out, don't want to spoil it for ya :sorry:

This should be a real knockout video!

:oops1:
« Last Edit: March 03/29/14, 09:30:43 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Too bad you'll be in the intensive care unit, unable to enjoy the video after your "Wipeout Solo!!!" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  I though those knitting classes were done with.   :doah:    Oh well, whatever as long as you are having fun.   :whistling:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I think the cake decorating classes start soon a long with bonzi tree pruning.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

What will it take to entice HD & Son back into the fold of Fishing Challenge competitors'.  Are we not worthy of your company or is it just that you's boys are afraid of landing on your :moon: .   In 2012 these two finished in 2nd and 3rd place. Last year they never signed up at all. :scratch:  Not even a sniff from our heros last year.

Will these two sodbusters man-up or try to just sit back and revel about the olden days when they finished in 2nd and 3rd place? :popcorn:

« Last Edit: March 03/30/14, 03:34:17 PM by HD »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: HD you and your son enjoy your head to head fishing trips. Waiting on when you bring the boy up here to fish for steelhead..
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
What will it take to entice HD & Son back into the fold of Fishing Challenge competitors'.  Are we not worthy of your company or is it just that you's boys are afraid of landing on your :moon: .   In 2012 these two finished in 2nd and 3rd place. Last year they never signed up at all. :scratch:  Not even a sniff from our heros last year.

Will these two sodbusters man-up or try to just sit back and revel about the olden days when they finished in 2nd and 3rd place? :popcorn:

I think they are awaiting the anouncement of the annual addendum to the challenge....THE MNO ROCKBASS CHALLENGE

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
What will it take to entice HD & Son back into the fold of Fishing Challenge competitors'.  Are we not worthy of your company or is it just that you's boys are afraid of landing on your :moon: .   In 2012 these two finished in 2nd and 3rd place. Last year they never signed up at all. :scratch:  Not even a sniff from our heros last year.

I think they are awaiting the anouncement of the annual addendum to the challenge....THE MNO ROCKBASS CHALLENGE

:happy1: Now why didn't I think of that :banghead:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee: can't wait to see what kind of new rules will be put in place for the ROcKing BASS challenge.  :whistling: deadeye as last years winner should be this years host, unless that changes  :scratch:
« Last Edit: March 03/31/14, 12:00:56 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
:coffee: can't wait to see what kind of new rules will be put in place for the ROcKing BASS challenge.  :whistling: deadeye as last years winner should be this years host, unless that changes  :scratch:

Me thinks Deadeye doesn't want to risk loosing the Coveted Traveling MNO ROcKing BASS trophy so he is keeping quiet! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I bet its on the wall of his new Deer Camp......

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Me thinks Deadeye doesn't want to risk loosing the Coveted Traveling MNO ROcKing BASS trophy so he is keeping quiet! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I bet its on the wall of his new Deer Camp......

I hope he wipes off all those slobbering kiss prints before he turns it over this year!

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like things have quieted down here on the smackdown board. At this point most everyone has come to realize that their only chance to finish on the top is slim. Actually just to inject a little hope into your bloodstream I'd just like to remind you of one thing. Two of you now viewing this post will be guaranteed a first place finish. What's the secret formula. :scratch:  Sure as if you haven't already figured it out.

All you have to do is be picked to be on Lee's team. :whistling:  How can you make that happen. Pray! Not that most of you haven't already prayed to be on Lee's team in past years. Then again maybe you didn't pray hard enough in the past. :moon:

Good luck to all.

:king: Lee :popcorn:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The way sign ups are going Lee you can at least guarantee that anyone fishing with you will finish no lower then fifth place!  :whistling: 33 days till opener, but who is counting   :fishing2:  and still no word about the rockbass challenge.... Maybe it is just going to be a one day event?
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Right now many of our future competitors are still in the larva stage as they sit in their cocoons. It takes them some time until they build up enough courage to complete the metamorphosis and become Challenge worthy. What ever you do don't hit the panic button quite yet.
As soon as DDS announces the sign-up deadline you can expect to see a mad rush to pay their $5.00 fee paid and receive an MNO sticker.

Unfortunately at this time no one knows the deadline date other than DDS. Therefore "he who hesitates may be lost", Caput, out of the game if they keep screwing around.

Just so everyone realizes the choice is yours to make. :popcorn:

Will you be on the inside looking out? :happy1:
                      OR
Will you be on the outside looking in? :banghead:

Will you choose the Don't Panic button or the Panic Button :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/07/14, 11:26:01 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Deadline to sign up Tues May 6th at 12:00 pm (noon).   training-087

2a. You will need ten posts by Tuesday May 6th 2014 at 12:00pm-noon) in order to be eligible for the draft creating the fishing teams. If you do not have the required ten posts your name will be held from the draft. To be fair to all teams we want fishermen who are active on the board

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I did sign up for the fishing challenge however, I was among the people who sent a stamped self addressed envelope so maybe it was thrown out.

As for the Rockbass challenge (not really a challenge for me) I accept the offer to run the contest.
And yes, last years trophy is prominently displayed on my office wall.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
I did sign up for the fishing challenge however, I was among the people who sent a stamped self addressed envelope so maybe it was thrown out.

As for the Rockbass challenge (not really a challenge for me) I accept the offer to run the contest.
And yes, last years trophy is prominently displayed on my office wall.

Deadeye you are in.  Number seven on the official sign up.  Did you receive your sticker?  Lee sent a couple out without signing or numbering them but once you pay you are in.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Deadeye,
I see your name listed on the roster right below Glen57.  :sorry: your name had to show up so close to Glenn's there. Unfortunately that's the price you pay when you don't follow directions properly. You wined up in the bad boy's club. You never know if you'll end up on Glenn's team. This way you guys can post no fish together  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:oops1:

There goes a fish now. Call Glenn and he can try to catch um!

:Fish:
« Last Edit: April 04/07/14, 08:53:32 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:   Who will be the next sign up?  The person that takes the next spot is guaranteed a position as are the #16 and #17.   That will bring us to a full 6 teams.   :happy1:   I wouldn't wait too long if you are planning mixing it up with the big boy's.   :happy1:

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe the ones that haven't signed up have seen the fish pictures that have been posted in the other challenges and don't want to be burdened with having to carry you clowns on their backs.  :rotflmao: If they had some type of guarantee that they would end up on the same team as me then they would be signing up. :whistling:
« Last Edit: April 04/07/14, 07:33:28 PM by Retired on Osakis »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I didn't get a MNO sticker but I thought that was because I didn't follow the rules.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I didn't get a MNO sticker but I thought that was because I didn't follow the rules.  :rotflmao:

deadeye,

Did you or did you not receive your MNO sticker :doah:

Many BWCA Reports