Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2014 MNO Fishing Challenge Smackdown-enter at your own risk:)  (Read 227048 times)

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Borgie and I will be coming to Ely soon. All we will bring is 2 suitcases full of money and 2 fishing rods and the rest will be history. "So let it be written. So let it be done." Being a local icon and all, the crowds will be flocking the streets as they :kingscourt:  to pay homage to the flatlanders.
So you're bringing two suitcases full of money to purchase another Walleye from me, as you normally have done in years past??? :clap:
Excellent, then I'll be able to afford a case of tissue to give to Bore to wipe his tears away, after I thump him in the side bet! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
better send me that case right now cause im in tears from laughing so hard at your feeble excuses of thinking your gonna walk away with bet. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Hey G.O.!

I just got a pm from Baor. He's basically begging me to take him up to Basswood so he can have a shot at topping your 29" walleye. I told the boy that I would consider it. Then I realized that as much as I'd like to see him crush you on the challenge I need to consider myself first. I may actually have to fish an extra 1/2 hr. on my first day there to top your Eye. Then of course I've got to consider Borgie as my most serious competition. At that point I'd have to go out and fish another extra 1/2 hr. longer on another day.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Big fish need 2 judges  :happy1: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Guess this years crop of judges are

Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Wow I read Lee's Question of the Week.....Looks like someone is scared of the EVE of DESTRUCTION   :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow I read Lee's Question of the Week.....Looks like someone is scared of the EVE of DESTRUCTION   :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Hey corn,

Do you really think I fear G.O's new upgrade 29.25 walleye that he caught this morning :scratch:

I fear you being able to give me a challenge with those big eyes you catch in the winter. Now can you catch them when the weather gets hot and muggy.

Now go back to eating your corn. I just love the pattern you manage to leave on the cob :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

I read it as Larry, Moe, and Curly are running the operation and right now they are fighting over who is going to be Moe.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee you should have seen him before braces.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey corn,

Do you really think I fear G.O's new upgrade 29.25 walleye that he caught this morning :scratch:

:

Answer.....Yep!
 :stillfish:

No fighting in the EVE of DESTRUCTION  we have all posted Fish, you guys and gals might want to play our theme song again!! and then get out and try catchup!!  My teeth help me whistle The EVE of DESTRUCTION

:dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Corny,
As I've said before, our theme song starts out with: 
"The Leester's world, it is expoding,
the Eve be catching, and they are gloatin'......." :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Eve of Destruction rules, BABEE!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Borgie and daboy's doing a little pre- Ely beat-down practice in.

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Everyone knows the drums are the heart and soul of any band (just like Borgie is to our team)then come me and red on the electric guitars.  But those two  :censored: on the sax and keyboard could only be two members here.  I thought girls only played those instruments.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry Borgie but I think the song just tells your fate of Borgie and daboys....WIPE OUT

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
The other teams in the competition have got The Bums Of Crustacean or is it The Eve Of Frustration right where we want them. How many times have we seen this situation before. Yep you guessed it ! The old tortoise and the hare story. They will soon burn out and be passed in short order.

Many BWCA Reports

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Im just trying to figure out when I pm'd lee. weired. dont need to got to ely for a walleye, heading to lake hahainayouaface tomorrow to smack the tar outa yous guys. just gota figure out what challenge to post my fish in.
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry Borgie but I think the song just tells your fate of Borgie and daboys....WIPE OUT

Corny I understand your naivety due to your first time being paired with TGO.  Wipe out played by a professional bat sling-er  has an eerie and unforgettable sound when played on the bony brain protector frequently called a skull.  TGO talks big now but when the fully endorsed, honorary member of the Union Thugs takes it to your team member we will  :dancinred: :party1: to the music.  Of course we can not let Borgie's team win.  We can only allow her to inflict as much damage as she can without any help.  Her team mates will most likely be getting their nails done when she is inflicting the most damage.  TGO will go back under the porch and you and jkjkoda will run and hide like the General and Bobbybass did at the first beat down.  The Union Thugs will not interfere because we enjoy a good ol' Borgie beatdown as much or more than anyone else.  We will be victorious but allow Borgie to have her fun.  If you get a chance stop in at the Thug meeting at Leech.  The General even though he was given a parlay pass declined.  I can vouch for my fellow Thug brothers that you will be given a free pass to see how a GREAT TEAM operates.   There will be other teams there as well.  They are of no threat to us or anyone else so you can turn your back on them.  Just don't dip into the Cheeto's.  Those ankle biters can cause a little damage of their own if you are too complacent.    :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Boar has to wait his turn as he goes to The Great Ha-Ha-in-your-face for advice on how to win his side bet with greatoutdoors. Unfortunately Boar is the last one in  line and asks a dumb question.

« Last Edit: May 05/20/14, 06:48:29 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
lmao at least your getting the name of the lake right.
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   This Union Thug should be on the water this time tomorrow. :dancinred: :party1: :dancinred:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
this union thug will be on the shore in 2 hrs. :happy1: training-087 :dancinred:
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Oky, so you two scuzzy sleaze buckets will be on or near the water!!  :scratch:
What's the point, other than the potential pollution hazard if either of you two fell in???  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Eve of Destruction rules, BABEE!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
One would think that greatoutdoors would take a minute out to thank me for finding a flaw in the judging of his walleye. When I contacted the judges to explain that G.O's walleye should be 29.25" instead of 29." I was trying to help a guy out! Of course nobody, especially G.O. even gave me a shout out for helping out.

That's the last time I'll try to help someone out in The Challenge. :taz:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd thank you Big Daddy, but I had already notified the judge that it went a bit over 29 1/4, but not enough to make 29 1/2!
I'm still thinking that Bass touched the 19 1/4 mark,  :scratch:  but expect it to be upgraded by one of the Super Fishermen on the Eve of Destruction at a later time!!!!!!!  :coffee:
Eve of Destruction rules, Babee!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'd thank you Big Daddy, but I had already notified the judge that it went a bit over 29 1/4, but not enough to make 29 1/2!
I'm still thinking that Bass touched the 19 1/4 mark,  :scratch:  but expect it to be upgraded by one of the Super Fishermen on the Eve of Destruction at a later time!!!!!!!  :coffee:
Eve of Destruction rules, Babee!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Boy! It works every time. I just wanted to see if I could draw you out to admit you went bellyaching to the judges. Did you use your whimpering tactics :cry: along with sniffling of the nose sounds.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
No bellyaching to the judge, the fish speaks for itself!! :happy1:
It appears that you're getting pretty nervous over the Eve of Destruction's superior fishing skills, so nervous in fact that you tried to have one inch deducted from the walleye as a penalty because you thought it had acne!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Better chug a big glass of Pepto Bismal because I'm heading out to fish again, which should send you into a borderline nervous breakdown!!  :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
Eve of Destruction rules, Babee!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey G.O.,

Talk about Rattled nerves  I have multiple friends in Ely that were still laughing :rotflmao: about the gypsy woman's husband having chased you all the way down Sheridan St. after she refused your advances. But, she sure managed to jip you out a nice chunk of your cash. :rotflmao:

Imagine :scratch: going to a fortune teller to see if you can beat The Grave Diggers. That story will be around for a long time.

Greatoutdoors runs for his life.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/22/14, 01:25:58 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
The Eve of Destruction doesn't have to go to a fortune teller to know that they will stomp the  :scratch:, whatever your team's called, the name escapes me! :moon: :moon: :moon:
Borgie told me that your so nervous every time we enter a fish, that  you poop your pants!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
By the time this year's Challenge is over, the septic tank driver in your area will have had to pump out your tank so many times that he'll be driving a Lamborghini!!! :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Not to worry ladies.  While preparing the boat today for the initial launch I realized the hydraulics on the trim were froze out this winter.  It was a nice surprise but no big deal.  The local marina is so backed up they could not guarantee that if I brought it in today it would be ready for the Thug meeting June 7th.  They had the part in stock so the long weekend will not be a total loss.  The friggin dock is not in yet either. :bonk: :bonk:    A shaky late start but this thug is getting in the game sooner or later.   :happy1:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
They probably rusted after the time you forgot to put the plug in, and sunk the boat!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book