Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: How to Apply for Special Hunt Deer Permits  (Read 829 times)

Offline Jhonny5

Please forgive my ignorance. I came to hunting late in life when I moved to MN 5 years ago.

Since coming here, I've hunted public lands down in Houston county, but I'm hoping to check out some of the areas closer to home (Washington county). I've looked online and can't find the procedure for applying for one of the special hunt permits for either William O'Brian or St. Croix St Park.

Is this something you have to do in person at a county licensing office?

I appreciate any information you can provide.

-Jhonny

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I believe all of the special hunts are done through the DNR.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
You asked just in time!  The deadline is coming up Aug 14.

The regulation synopsis has all the details starting on page 81.  Pretty sure you just go to any place you guy your license and tell them you want to apply for a special hunt.

Not sure if you'll be allowed to apply for more than one hunt.  If you have any questions, email the DNR.  They are generally pretty helpful with this sort of thing.

https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/hunting/full_regs.pdf

Good luck.