Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532631 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They've been writing about Hunter getting traded since the week 2 loss :rolleyes: ...............& now as the deadline approaches the list of potential trade partners seems to include just about anybody that has much of a chance to make the playoffs. :doah:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, trade rumors are just that.  Bloggers start em.  Legit reporters start em.  So do teams and agents.

The bottom line is, the Vikes have to ask if Hunter is part of the plan for next year.  He might be worth a 1st rounder - but will any one offer it?

In a season that is going no where, do you let him walk for nothing in return? 

Would you trade him for a 2nd?  Would you keep him the rest of the year if the best you got offered was a 5th?

Kwesi is kind of at the mercy of the market and how many bidders are out there.  Or who knows...  Maybe Kwesi wants to keep him and try to resign him next year.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Personally, I think the new system Flores has put in is almost a perfect fit for him.
« Last Edit: October 10/21/23, 07:59:10 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
If you believe Flores has any clout with-in the organization then you would need to run any trade for less than a #1 past him. With him wanting a head coaching job he wouldn't want anything negative associated with him. If the Vikings defense gets worse or they tank it won't reflect well on the job he did.

That said, I don't know what all the hub bub about him was about in the first place. His reputation is more about going to court than actually being a defensive guru.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Many forget that he was with Belichick for 15 years & was there for 4 SB wins. He started as a scouting assistant & ended up calling the defensive signals his final season.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Maybe he will turn out to be a good D-Coordinator but I can't tell by what i've seen this year.

Remember, Biden was in congress forever but that didn't guarantee competence once he got to the big chair.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So WTF. I JUST turned the Vikings on and the first thing I hear was Vikings turned the ball over .. how????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Interception.  At first it looked loke dual posessiin, but replay showed ith 49er had most of it the whole way.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: No sacks & 450 yds of offense, was that the same team that struggled against the Bears last week?  :crazy:
« Last Edit: October 10/24/23, 06:13:06 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One heck of a game.  We played great on both sides of the ball.  Proud to be a Vikes fan this morning.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea it was crazy. but iffin they converted more of them field goals to TD.......... :confused: :happy1:

and it was a monday night game.....kinda impressed with cousin Kirk!!!!!! :rolleyes: :sleazy: :happy1:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice to watch a game and not hear any O-linemen’s name repeatedly mentioned for how bad they were doing. Maybe they had the best O-line guys from all of the other teams in the league  wearing our guys’ jerseys?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: After completing 35-of-45 passes for 378 yards and two touchdowns, Cousins donned the custom "SportsCenter Top 10" chain during his post game interview. Justin Jefferson, who is on injured reserve, placed the jewelry on his quarterback and Cousins was complimentary of the look

"I've gotta work on getting some [grills] though ... SportsCenter, I like it."
  :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: October 10/24/23, 07:50:44 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice to watch a game and not hear any O-linemen’s name repeatedly mentioned for how bad they were doing. Maybe they had the best O-line guys from all of the other teams in the league  wearing our guys’ jerseys?
There were several times where the broadcast team even complimented them...  and deservedly so!   :happy1:

:scratch: No sacks & 450 yds of offense, was that the same team that struggled against the Bears last week?  :crazy:
Typical Minnesota sports team...  Play up or down to the level of their competition.

They say you are what your record says you are, but the Vikes have been in most of their games (one score losses), and had it not been for all the turn-overs, they might have a much better record.  Still, they dug themselves a hole with all those losses, Jefferson is still hurt, and it looks like Hokenson is really gutting it out to stay in the game.  He really looks dinged up in the lower body.  I hope they have enough horses to turn this season around.

Next week...  Da Packas!   :sleazy:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: After completing 35-of-45 passes for 378 yards and two touchdowns, Cousins donned the custom "SportsCenter Top 10" chain during his post game interview. Justin Jefferson, who is on injured reserve, placed the jewelry on his quarterback and Cousins was complimentary of the look

"I've gotta work on getting some [grills] though ... SportsCenter, I like it."
  :rolleyes: :smiley:

:rotflmao: :Clap:

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
One heck of a game.  We played great on both sides of the ball.  Proud to be a Vikes fan this morning.   :happy1: :happy1:
Now there is something we have not heard much this season
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Now there is something we have not heard much this season

A great celebration for sure... Watch: Kevin O'Connell's intense victory speech after 49ers win

And Paul Allen's call of the last play:
 Another memorable call from the Vikings radio announcer.

"Purdy, back to pass – somebody needs to sack him – he loops it over the middle, intercepted! Yes! The Vikings beat the Niners! And Cam Bynum has a two-interception night. And now a fight, it unfurls on the field and we're not over-exaggerating that, there were punches thrown. These sour a** Niners can go ahead and get out of town."

"Sorry for the foul language, but stop throwing punches at our players," Allen tweeted afterward. "Still, much respect for the Niners."
« Last Edit: October 10/24/23, 11:36:56 AM by Steve-o »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I see where Purdy didn't take part in practice yday & has been placed on IL with a concussion. :scratch: Guess he started to show symptoms on the flight home.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Trade deadline coming up next week.  Should the Vikes be sellers, buyers, or stand pat with what they got and see how far they can go?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If you could pick one position to upgrade which would it be?  There has even been talk about getting Thielen back.  The O line is doing better but I think I would add a big guy in the middle of the line.  Or mayhaps a big D lineman.
« Last Edit: October 10/26/23, 09:09:18 AM by LPS »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Shutdown Cornerback.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
More meat on the O line!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
Trade deadline coming up next week.  Should the Vikes be sellers, buyers, or stand pat with what they got and see how far they can go?
Sadly they have just enough wins at this point its hard for them to go full on sell and rebuild mode. My guess is they will not likely make much of a move wither way. Probably just sit back and see how the season Plays out. With the Lion's recent loss and still having 2 more games against them. There is still a good chance of a division title. I think they could easily win 5 out of their next 6 games.
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I still think they should be sellers - even with the couple of wins they just got.

The last couple of seasons they have been mortgaging the future to get that one guy that will put them over the hump in the current season - case in point:  TJ Hockenson.  I ain't sayin' that was a bad deal, just that you can't keep runnin the team that way.

I think they should look to trade the guys they KNOW won't be on the team next year for future draft capital so they can keep working to re-build the O Line and add to the defense.

I do not predict any blockbuster deals unless they KNOW they won't be able to sign JJ.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Note to the new guys and gal......Vikings bandwagon jumping is alive and well here also. Just a couple of weeks ago everybody wanted JJ, Cousins and Hunter traded for nothing more than draft capitol. Now after a couple of wins people are scouting for cheap airlines tickets to the Super Bowl. This place is just like IDO in that respect.
  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Note to the new guys and gal......Vikings bandwagon jumping is alive and well here also. Just a couple of weeks ago everybody wanted JJ, Cousins and Hunter traded for nothing more than draft capitol. Now after a couple of wins people are scouting for cheap airlines tickets to the Super Bowl. This place is just like IDO in that respect.
what  :scratch: you didn't get yours yet. :mooning:  :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
what  :scratch: you didn't get yours yet. :mooning:  :rotflmao:

Nope I'm to busy trying to score tickets to Smoke & Mirrors annual trip to the Yankee Stadium muffler bowl. His chance at a sparkling 5-6 record could get him a upper D2 opponent.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
For the record... I've been pretty consistent on "sell."

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Things can change pretty quickly in today's NFL according to this  :rolleyes: ...............https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/3-4-favorable-schedule-vikings-playoff-hunt-back-on
« Last Edit: October 10/27/23, 07:41:45 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman