Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532609 times)

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Get Dobbs out of there and don't ever put him back in.  I think KOC knew the bubble was going to pop and it just did.  Get Hall in there.  Worst half I think I have ever seen.

Agreed 100%!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed another 100%!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
That had to have been 1 of the worst NFL games I have seen. By both teams. The offenses were awful. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Looked like neither team really wanted to win. Pretty half hearted effort, especially on the offense.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
And when our defense needed to be aggressive like they had been all game. They get conservative and loose the game.  :pouty:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: It wasn't all Dobb's fault IMO, we got our hands on 2 of those INTs & they probably should've been caught. I thought O'Connell called a terrible game too. :rolleyes: Why no easy throws starting out :scratch: to let Dobb's get a little rhythm going?  :confused: That's what they've been doing. But yet, if Addison holds on to that 1st pass when he hits the ground it's probably a whole different game. No Hockenson until the 4th quarter? Why did they keep throwing at #33? I got a few more too. Still, 2-2 with QB 1, 2, & 3 down, I will take it & so would about 90% of the NFL.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not that I really know but I don't think there is much chemistry with Dobbs in there.  That better be the last time we ever see him.  I want to see Hall or even Mullens.  If they aren't any better than Dobbs we may as well dump them too.  And yes JB.  Just like against Denver.  We harassed them the whole game and then went into the dreaded prevent defense and let them march right down the field on the last drive and kick our azz. Terrible last drive D coaching just like the whole game of the O being outcoached by one of the worst teams in the league.  I am losing a lot of faith in KOC.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the Vikes should thank their lucky stars Dobbs was in there running around.  Kirk might have been able to make quick reads to get the ball out fast, but he would have gotten killed in the pocked doing so.  When you don't have a running game and the QB is under constant duress, ya gotta focus attention on the offensive line.   :coffee:

KOC coaches not to loose at the end of the game.  1st and 2nd down runs that gain nothing at the end of games are not going to win games in the NFL.  First downs and points are what put games on ice, and KOC is afraid to go after them both. 
 :surrender:

To KOC:   Kick the flippin' 60 yard field goal.  If he misses, its on you, KOC, because you wasted 1st and 2nd down - but at least give your team a chance to win instead of ALWAYS putting it on the defense.   :doah: :angry:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Worst half I think I have ever seen.
Vikings offense says at halftime, "Here, hold my beer."  :doah: :embarrassed:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/vikings_coach_kevin_oconnell_doesnt_commit_to_keeping_josh_dobbs_as_starter/s1_17236_39595616 Yeah, your right Steve-o the OL did suck.............time of possession in the first half................Bears 23:30/Vikings 6:30. :doah:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And it sure didn't help to have JJ still sitting out last night.  Hell, even if he was a decoy, he could have taken some of the pressure off the other receivers.

The Vikings have to let him sit as long as he wants, because if they pressure him back, he'll feel disrespected and will want to go to another team.  It doesn't serve JJ and his bid for contract renegotiations to go in there with a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th string QB and put up numbers NOT becoming of the "best receiver in the NFL."  He'll play again this season, but in doing so he seems to be limiting his exposure. 

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
What’s left behind is akin to a stink bomb potent enough to be utilized by the U.S. government for crowd control.

Dobbs ends the day 22-of-32 for 185 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions.

At the half, he had a passer rating of 21.9. Quarterbacks get a 39.6 for just throwing the football into the ground. Dobbs didn’t even get the points for spelling his name right on the ACT in the first half.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, and if it weren't for the Bears' penalties giving the Vikes at least 4 free first downs, there would have been less offense.

The receivers dropped/did not come up with several catchable balls - including two bombs that didn't quite go their way.  Two of the INTs were on the receivers.  They didn't help out Dobbs at all.

True, there was no tempo, rhythm, timing, or chemistry, but that wasn't necessarily Dobbs' fault.  The Chicago rush was in on him immediately. 

It won't matter who they put in at QB if the line can't protect.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think JJ would rather sit out instead of getting hurt catching one of Dobbs a foot or two behind where it should be passes.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think JJ ends up on a different team.  I don't see how the Vikes will be able to sign a QB that JJ jibes with under the salary cap and still have enough money left over to improve the offensive line so they both can thrive.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I think JJ would rather sit out instead of getting hurt catching one of Dobbs a foot or two behind where it should be passes.
:scratch: I think it might be just the opposite. He might've wanted to play but they thought they could win it without him & the doctors said he wasn't quite 100% yet. Besides, they probably thought that they would still be in the running for a playoff spot, like they are, if they lost.
« Last Edit: November 11/28/23, 03:46:27 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I think it might be just the opposite. He might've wanted to play but they thought they could win it without him & the doctors said he wasn't quite 100% yet. Besides, they probably thought that they would still be in the running for a playoff spot, like they are, if they lost.
You might be right.  You probably ARE right.  But its a double-edged sword for these guys.  They DO want to compete and be the best AND they want to get paid.  Hate to see a guy miss out on life-changing money trying to save a lost season for a team that isn't positioned to make a run.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, but they know that the risk of being seriously injured is very real every time they step on the field, even in practice. That is a major reason IMO why so many of the most successful ones workout all year & are even quite serious about their diet these days. A $100 mil contract is life changin but not so much if they struggle to even get out of bed or walk.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They say the Vikings still have an 11% chance to win the division & a 58% chance to end up the #5 NFC seed  :scratch: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38890147/2023-nfl-playoffs-afc-nfc-seed-projections-predictions-super-bowl

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My fingers are crossed.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
58% is better that we all thought they'd be after their horrendous start and the loss of Kapt. Kirk for the season and JJ for extended time.
Trouble is, they are trending in the wrong direction, with two bad losses in very winnable games.   :thumbs:

The Bears game was darn near unwatchable.  I did give up at the end and refused to watch 'da Bears  :blues brothers: march down the field against the Vike's prevent defense for the winning field goal. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are screwed if they keep Dobbs in there.  I don't know if I can even watch.  He needs to go back to NASA.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually 2 of those interceptions bounced off receivers hands. And on a third his arm was hit by a defensive lineman. Not really his fault.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It'll probably be about this time next week before we know much more about which way they're leaning for starting QB.  But we do know it won't be Sean Mannion :rolleyes:, he was released on Monday. N'Keal Harry(WR) was waived too.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh...  I was getting Mannion confused with Mullins for a second.   :doah:

I'm kinda numb at this point with the Vi-Queens.  Pulling for Mullins or Dobbs or Hall is like rearranging deck chairs on the  :titanic:.  (I was wondering if I'd ever figure out a way to use that emoji. ;) )  Being a jaded MN sports fan, this does not seem like the team that I want to get emotionally invested in.

I hope they win and all, but they've still got to figure out the blocking and the run game.

I like that the defense is improved.  Hunter is playing REALLY well in his "contract" year.  A) I hope they can afford to keep him and B) if they do, I hope he continues to play at that level.  For whatever reason, players often don't.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikings game against the Cincinnati Bengals in week 15 now has an official date and time. The game will take place on Saturday, December 16th and will kick off at 12 p.m. CT and air on the NFL Network.

1 of 3 games that day. Followed by.....

Steelers and Colts...Then

Broncos and Lions

« Last Edit: November 11/30/23, 05:15:21 PM by KEN W »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So why is that?  Doesn't seem like any special day. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think they flex games at the end of the season so the best matchups get the primetime slots.  That's my guess.