Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532574 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I think Cousins will be playing in Atlanta next year. His wife is from Atlanta and her folks live there. Rumors are they are looking at houses down there and schools for their kids. The Vikes have had a year to resign him. I don't blame him at all. We will know next week when Free Agency begins.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It is kinda sad though. He could have taken a team friendly deal and built around him some more. If he truly wants a ring. Ge already has the money, but no ring.  :pouty:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Greed, he's been just following the money trail. Wouldn't you? Good luck getting a ring in Atlanta.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck getting a ring in Atlanta.
Well, MN ain't exactly on the brink of winning a superbowl either.  :doah:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Greed, he's been just following the money trail. Wouldn't you? Good luck getting a ring in Atlanta.

Their potential is higher than Minnesota.

Kirk has pushed the envelope his whole career. Remember Washington franchised tag him multiple times and each time he got a better contract just going year to year. Then he signed hos big deal here with a unheard of amount of guaranteed money. Now he is staring at his last contract....why would anybody expect him not to squeeze every nickel from the NFL that he can.

See ya later Kirk, I don't know that you will ever get that ring but you will never be selling pencils on the corner to eat either.   ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We aren't even close to even getting to a Super Bowl let alone winning it.  With Kirk or not.  SO get rid of him and use the money to head in a winning direction.  Keeping him is heading in the losing direction.  Nothing against him.  He is very good at marketing himself. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
[Atlanta's] potential is higher than Minnesota.
And if I buy two lottery tickets, I double my chances of winning, right?   :rotflmao:

SO get rid of him and use the money to head in a winning direction.  Keeping him is heading in the losing direction.
Thing is, unless you want to blow the whole thing up and start over, you have to figure out how to keep JJ.  If you have to keep Kirk for 2 or 3 years to mollify JJ, maybe that is what they keep trying to do.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I agree Steve-o, if #8 leaves, #18 probably won't want to stick around for a rebuild either IMO.  :sad:
Their 2 best guys at getting to the QB, Hunter & Wonnum, are FA's too & many think they are both gone too. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/06/24, 02:09:53 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
They can use the transition tag 1 year and the franchise tag 1 year on Jefferson. So they could keep him at least 3 more.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: But if they can't get him the ball why would they want pay him what will probably be somewhere near $70 million for those 3 years? :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Any QB should be able to get the ball to him.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
If Kirk leaves trade JJ, get what you can while the getting is good. He isn't the only one that can catch a ball, there'll be more. Get some upper picks and see what happens.  Like you guys said the queens aren't even close to go deep in the playoffs yet..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am pretty sure Kirk is gone.  I don't like the term hater most of the time but I wasn't a big fan of Kirk a lot of times.  I did like him other times.  He only got us to 1 playoff game, isn't that right? Well there is no big deal to say good bye to him.  Save 30 or 40 mil.  I really like JJ but he could get hurt again and not be worth crap to us.  That is a negative angle.  The positive one is if he stays here he could be instrumental to helping a young QB succeed.  Big time!  We have almost 40 mil now to play with.  Let Kirk go and add another nice chunk.  Now I hate to even talk about this but Harry the Hitman is maybe getting close to retirement too.  He costs 11 mill this year.  The wife and I each have an official 19 Theilen and 22 Smith jerseys.  SO after many years will have a full checkbook.  How fun is that to think about?  May be the best offseason ever.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Any QB should be able to get the ball to him.
:scratch: They had 1 TD on the ground in the 1st 10 games last season. There's 2 ways to stop a passing offense in today's NFL, 1 is coverage & the other is pressure. So, he will see a lot of double teams, especially on 3rd down. When they're not doubling him, they will be blitzing. :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/07/24, 07:36:03 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Funny how fans view the different sports.

If the Vikings want to spend $40 million per year on a quarterback people think it would be foolish.

If the Twins don't spend $30 million on a player they are cheap.

If the Timber Puppys have 3 players getting $30 million each nobody cares.

:rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, NBA salaries are crazy. Naz Reid the T'wolves backup center will make just about $13 mil this season. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/07/24, 08:13:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny how fans view the different sports.

If the Vikings want to spend $40 million per year on a quarterback people think it would be foolish. (8 regular season home games, 60 players)

If the Twins don't spend $30 million on a player they are cheap. (81 regular season home games, 26 players)

If the Timber Puppys have 3 players getting $30 million each nobody cares.(41 regular season home games, 12 players)

I have to believe that NFL still has the highest income for endorsements, merch, etc. but the NBA is probably more popular in that regard than MLB.
 :crazy:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Of the highest 100 paid athletes in the world including endorsements.....40 are NBA players. Only 14 are in the NFL. Surprisingly 4 of the top 6 are foreign Soccer players.

Highest paid American athlete is LeBron James number 4 at $126 million.

I see Russell Wilson is at $38 million and he got cut by the Broncos today.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/24, 09:44:13 AM by KEN W »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe the Vikes have made Cousins their final offer.....2 year contract, fully paid next season. Not in 2025. He will not agree and will leave to go to either Atlanta or maybe New England where they will give him what he wants.

Probably Atlanta which is in the weakest division in the NFL. He can win there.

So who will they sign.....Baker Mayfield or maybe Sam Darold who will also be a free agent next week.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/24, 01:27:43 PM by KEN W »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So much for his hometown discount.  Greedy bastard.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So much for his hometown discount.  Greedy bastard.
X2
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I never read where he ever said he would give a hometown discount nor should he.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I think during negotiations last season he was said to have agreed to take a little less per year (AAV)..................if they gave him an extra year & more guaranteed money. But obviously, they didn't want to do that. I've read a couple places that they're interested in the Michigan guy, J.J. McCarthy. Mel Kiper has the top 3 QB's going to the Bears, Washington, & NE with picks 1-3. :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Maybe his wife is  making him not play nice, do thete forced to srbd him packing  so they can move next to her mommy and daddy! :scratch: :shocked: :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/07/24, 07:47:10 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with the part I could understand.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with the part I could understand.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i'm trying to perfect my boaranze!!!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Kapt. Kirk has been underappreciated every step of his career.  It wasn't til this past year that Vikings fans really embraced him and gave him credit for his performance the year before - and then the ankle went out.

All of those guys are alpha competitors, but they also have to be realistic that - as a team - you need to catch lightening in a bottle to win a superbowl.  They all wanna win and they all wanna get paid!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Kapt. Kirk has been underappreciated every step of his career.  It wasn't til this past year that Vikings fans really embraced him and gave him credit for his performance the year before - and then the ankle went out.

All of those guys are alpha competitors, but they also have to be realistic that - as a team - you need to catch lightening in a bottle to win a superbowl.  They all wanna win and they all wanna get paid!
:pouty: but there's no I in team!!!!!! :confused: :doah:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
But thers an M and a E
And that spells ME!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman