Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532587 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bullard, 1 of our best against the run, signs a new 1-year deal & #22 restructures his deal to stay. :happy1: :cool: https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/3/13/24100112/minnesota-vikings-harrison-smith-agree-restructured-contract
« Last Edit: March 03/14/24, 06:21:11 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was worried about Harry.  Glad he is staying on the team.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes.  He's probably lost a step or two the past couple of seasons, but he is a fan favorite and continuity and leadership in the locker room is probably worth more than we know.

Will there be any other Zim hold-overs besides Harry, I wonder?   :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yes.  He's probably lost a step or two the past couple of seasons, but he is a fan favorite and continuity and leadership in the locker room is probably worth more than we know.

i think i heard he's the longest tenured Viking now......so yea!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

i think i heard he's the longest tenured Viking now......so yea!!!!!
He seems a likable guy.  I hope he don't get head issues.  But those guys know the risks and are driven by the competition as longs as the rest of their bodies hold up.  God bless Harrison too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my best guess is he retires after next season........maybe becomes a coach!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Kapt. Kirk on going to the Falcons...

"I think in Minnesota, it was trending over the last couple offseasons to being somewhat year-to-year," Cousins explained of his decision-making process that led him to the Falcons rather than re-signing with the Vikings. "As we talked with Atlanta, it felt like this was a place where, if I play at the level I expect to play, that I can retire a Falcon. That was something that really excited me and that's certainly the goal. You've got to earn the right to do that, but that was exciting to feel like I could get that opportunity here."

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been hearing that in that speech he sort of admitted that Atlanta had tampered before the legal date.  Kind of an oops.   LOL   Now they may have to give up a draft pick. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Yeah.....he met with the Falcons trainer about his Achilles. Definitely tampering.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah.....he met with the Falcons trainer about his Achilles. Definitely tampering.
In that case, I hope they do nail 'em.  I'm sure that happens all the time in the NFL, but it is a nice parting gift to the new teams when high profile players play both sides against the middle.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Cousins just couldn't keep his mouth shut.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that teams the are guilty of tampering could face fines or removal of draft picks.  Doesn't say that we get said draft picks. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The Eagles could be in trouble for tampering with Barkley too. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10113015-nfl-rumors-saquon-barkley-eagles-cousins-falcons-contracts-reviewe  From the article................."While it often happens, it rarely comes to light so clearly," Florio wrote. "It's exactly the kind of thing that could get the league to mobilize, even though it typically looks the other way when it comes to tampering."

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
 :surrender:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez Leech,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a little harsh.  Lets wait to see what they do with JJ.  :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Starting to see things about us trading up to the top 3 spots and wonder how they plan on doing that?????   All I can think is JJ. I suppose we could trade draft picks now and in the future too.   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was trying to look up what that might cost.  I'll bet it is at least their first and second round picks over the next two years and probably some extra stuff after that.

My thought is that is too much for a team that has so many holes that still need to be filled.  Yer better off sucking for a couple of seasons, "earn" your own top 3 draft pick, and then decide if you want to deal it or use it.

Of course, if you mortgage the next couple of years to draft a hall of fame-worthy, franchise QB who plays for your team for 10 to 12 years, no one is going to care what you paid for him over the first couple of season.

Plus...  If you DO give away those high draft picks in the first couple of years, the team WILL probably suck, and while your young QB is maturing, the team will be working its way up higher in the draft - when they have 1st and 2nd round picks again.

Maybe that gutting pic ain't far off.  I don't know if Ziggy's clock is ticking the same way Jerry Jones' clock is.   ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it is all the right combo of cheap young players that you hope get better each year.  Plus getting to the big one whilst they aren't all 30 mil a year players yet. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Liking it.  The most changes we have ever seen.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now we need some huge linemen on both sides of the ball.  Like Lowdermilk. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Starting to see things about us trading up to the top 3 spots and wonder how they plan on doing that?????   All I can think is JJ. I suppose we could trade draft picks now and in the future too.   
Of course there will be a lot of stories like this in the next month or so. I've read a couple pcs that talked about trading up with the LAC & the NYG who are #5 & #6 in this year's draft too. Here's 1 writer's proposed trade with the NYG.............According to Lee, Minnesota has at least one direction they can go to as they trade up with the New York Giants to acquire Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy.

Projected trade: Vikings send No. 11, No. 128 and a 2025 first-round pick to the Giants for No. 6 and 2025 third- and fifth-round picks

It seems inevitable that a QB-needy team will leapfrog Atlanta (or which team ultimately holds the eighth pick) to ensure the next best prospect is still there.

I have my qualms with the passer McCarthy is right now, relative to his draft stock, but he has some enticing tools — and he’s still early on his developmental curve. He would walk into a healthy offensive situation, and it’s possible Minnesota will have a bridge QB he can sit behind until he’s ready. After Chicago, this would be the best landing spot for a rookie QB.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read.  Vikes acquired the Texans first round pick #23.  We gave them a couple of 2nd rd picks appx.  1 this year and 1 next year.  ??  SO now word is they will trade both first rd picks for one of the top 4 slots OR trade for Justin Herbert who is ranked the #6 QB in the NFL.  That kind of surprised me that he was rated so high.  Anyways we are sitting in a good spot.  Good job Kwesi!!!  What an epic off season so far.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read.  Vikes acquired the Texans first round pick #23.  We gave them a couple of 2nd rd picks appx.  1 this year and 1 next year.  ??  SO now word is they will trade both first rd picks for one of the top 4 slots OR trade for Justin Herbert who is ranked the #6 QB in the NFL.  That kind of surprised me that he was rated so high.  Anyways we are sitting in a good spot.  Good job Kwesi!!!  What an epic off season so far.
:happy1: yep SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :shocked: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

no i aint drinkin!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yet! :sleazy:
:happy1: :happy1: definitely a possibility......we are planning on going out to celebrate, we paid off the house.......so.......i could be ill one morning!!!!!!!  :crazy: :drinking: :tequila; :drinking: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Glenn! that is awesome!
Hey look your bobber is up!