Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2022 deer season  (Read 11797 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Thats cause yu quit!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so he scoped himself I'm thinking!!!

Ya but broken nose,cheek?
Must’ve hit the trigger in front of his face?

Either way ouch! But did he get the deer?

not by his shoulder correctly I'm thinking, and a snap shot.. just guessing...
talked to a buddy that got out there shortly after the BIL got back from the hospital......yep he scoped himself. guess he shot at a deer, it dropped, then got up so he quick shot again, he figured he didnt get the gun properly up against the shoulder and popped himself pretty good. buddy figures at least one black eye maybe 2. i got the impression he tore up his nose pretty good.

oh and Boar..........go lay down by your dish!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i got my answer..........interesting to say the least. along with alot of garbly goop about how to improve the deer herds......

in 2021 175 adult female were taken in permit area 169. in 197, which is the leech lake reservation, that we share with the tribe  :surrender: 171 adult females where taken.

so far in 2022 with muzzy and archery still open, both 169 and 197 both had 173 adult females taken!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
There were 500 antlerless permits in 197 and only 250 for 169 - 750 total.

If there were only 173 antlerless taken, that is only a 23% success rate - for DOES during RIFLE season!   :embarrassed:

(That number is probably pretty close, because if they explicitly told you 173 adult females were tagged, there could have been more tagged that were male or female fawns - I think they track those separately.  And some of the does might have been archery or muzzy kills, which do not require an antlerless permit, but those numbers are usually pretty low to negligible up there.)

That is a lot of land area to only harvest 173 adult female deer.  It is only 1 doe take for every 11 square miles!!!  :doah:  (And that is subtracting off the area for Leech Lake.)

I think the take-away is, there ain't many deer up there to shoot.   :cry:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I found a picture of Boars deer stand getting delivered. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike has deer sausage in progress!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's a young doe, on the small size yet..   she has been around a few days now!!!   thanks Glenn!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's pretty cool Mike.