Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 508840 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And the vaccine mandate problem isn't just in Canada. Think those bare shelves are from a lack of product? More likely due to a lack of truck drivers to get it there. Same mandates stateside thanks to Brandon!  :angry:

https://www.thedailyscoop.com/news/retail-industry/just-when-you-think-fertilizer-shortages-are-improving-trucker-vaccine?mkt_tok=ODQzLVlHQi03OTMAAAGCTzI7vCJIqHehubRLPUV_lHM9Y3lHvn5z4Gvj6PlqGXxQcKiQipCT6HV1ZMjI0EnidmWdbwK-8Z2cOrA3Y_ianItIYZOeE18EsBSvbIYhhVjTSk0
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Lockdowns only reduced COVID-19 mortality by .2%, study finds: 'Lockdowns should be rejected out of hand'

"While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted," the researchers wrote. "In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument."

These aren't "Fake Researchers" working for Fox News...

The researchers – Johns Hopkins University economics professor Steve Hanke, Lund University economics professor Lars Jonung, and special advisor at Copenhagen's Center for Political Studies Jonas Herby – analyzed the effects of lockdown measures such as school shutdowns, business closures, and mask mandates on COVID-19 deaths.

"We find little to no evidence that mandated lockdowns in Europe and the United States had a noticeable effect on COVID-19 mortality rates," the researchers wrote.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I saw a KSTP report on Twitter this a.m. It was one of the worst reports I'd seen on the situation in Canada, apparently taken off an AP newsfeed. It was basically 4-5 days behind and only took all the negative tweets I'd seen in that timeframe, combining them into a "story". And that's what it was, a story, someone's interpretation of what was happening, telling you what you should think based on that. Should be nominated for the "One-Sided Journalism" Pulitzer... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 02/02/22, 10:52:05 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It is all about the dumbs control of the Sheeple. Need to get us inline for the great reset.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Funeral for a fellow fisherman is tomorrow. I fished with him once a week in our little league for the past 5 years. Cause of death - Covid at age 38. Scary stuff for sure. :cry:   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I too have lost people i know to Covid. I try not to get angry when people call those who take precautions as "sheeple"  because I really don't think they mean it the way it comes out.
Myself. I don't take as many precautions as I probably should. I hope I don't end up regretting it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree Roony. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm at the point to each there own. Is it real .....yes.... My problem is who or what can you believe. People including politicians are making piles of money off this. I've been reading stories of masks, tests and other things being wasted.

Quite frankly this type of sh!t is getting real old. Just read something today that all these mandates have done little to nothing to stop this, except hurt small business.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I am not saying that you are sheeple for choosing to take the shot or precautions. That is your choice. The government forcing sheeple to do it is another story. Glenn said it perfectly!! And I too know people that have died from the Rona and I know people that died from getting the shot too. That is why we are supposed to live in a free society. So we can make our own choices and live with our choices.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a little different take on whether the measures this country has taken have been successful. They have slowed the spread of the virus to the point that our health care providers haven't become totally overwhelmed to the point they couldn't care for all the virus patients and all  people who need care for other reasons. At the present time over 90 percent of hospitalizations due to Corona are unvaccinated people. Simple math shows that they simply wouldn't be able to care for everyone if it weren't for the vaccine. The slowing of the spread has also given the medical field time to develop ways to help people recover, things that weren't known at the onset.
My feeling about the masks is that they slow the spread not so much by keeping the wearer safe but more so by making the wearer less likely to spread it to others if he or she has the virus.
The value of shutting down certain businesses is very questionable.. I really feel, and have always felt, that any business that was asked to make sacrifices for the public good should be compensated to the extent of their losses.
I am as sick of this virus and the measures taken to control it as anybody but I do see light at the end of the tunnel.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Couldn't have said it better.  At least they tried to keep it under control.  The closing businesses was devastating.  Maybe it didn't need to happen.  We were traveling into an unknown pandemic and hundreds of thousands of people died.  So sad.  I hope the worst is behind us and I applaud all that helped. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
At the beginning I did agree, but a few months into it there was enough known to show the lock downs were doing nothing. All that should have been ended a long time ago.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee, I wonder if this will be labeled as misinformation like all the others that have been saying this for over the past year.
https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/592457-the-cdc-is-finally-recognizing-natural-immunity-legislators-should-follow

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
From that article: "Vaccination is superior to natural infection because the .risks of death or long-term symptoms are astronomically lower."

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes. But once you have had the rona is says naturally immunity is superior to the shot alone. That is the point that people have been trying to make. The best protection was the shot and natural immunity together. Then natural immunity. Then the shot according to the study.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
And the other point is this is the same stuff that the left has been labeling as misinformation for the last 8-10 months.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, after the delta variant natural immunity, was stronger in this study. Before the variant the jab gVe people more immunity. I just don't see some vast conspiracy like you do.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
From the Wall Street Journal...

The High Cost of Disparaging Natural Immunity to Covid

Vaccines were wasted on those who didn’t need them, and people who posed no risk lost jobs.
« Last Edit: February 02/04/22, 08:23:20 AM by Steve-o »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm not picking sides here, but its been a bit interesting the last 3-4 weeks around this area. CentraCare pretty much has this market cornered as far as health care goes with the St Cloud hospital in the center of it all.

when this first came out a 3-4 weeks ago the big wigs at the hospital pushed for a mask mandate and limiting gatherings. they said this omicron was going to raise havoc at the hospital. they had this big presentation to the st cloud city council and the nearby city councils along with some of the local politicians, predicting  rona was going to absolutely run rampant in the communities in the area and really and really strain the healthcare system.

well, the councils rejected there request/ demand for the mandate etc. and man did the hospital squawk. in yesterdays paper a local guy that writes a weekly column for the paper had an interesting article, bascilly slamming the hospital big wigs with all the outrages number the hospital first put out. according to statistics, and i dont recall exactly what they were but the actual numbers for rona cases during the time frame and slightly before and after  werent even remotely close to the hospitals numbers.

the point this guy made was with all the info the hospital generated that wasnt anywhere near what actually happened, what can you or who can you believe and one begs to wonder if you can believe any of it. his biggest point was can you ever trust what they say to you in the future.

all i know, and strictly me.......is i'm not living in fear of this, i'm going to live my normal life. sooner or later we are all going to get this one way or another, no matter how hard one tries not to, just like the common head cold.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And the next shoe to drop will be understanding (exposing) the total side effects (short term and long term) of the vaccines.

I personally know two people who had brothers who died recently of heart/stroke issues (one in 40s, one in 60s) within one week of being vax'ed/boosted.  They were otherwise healthy before the shots.

I personally know of three women who are dealing with blood clots now (legs/lungs) after being boosted.

None of these realities were common in my life before the pandemic.

Coincidence?  Correlation?  :confused:

The truths of vaccine side effects was going to be hard to expose anyway - because there was so much money to be made.  But now it will be even harder to find the truth because of the government mandates forcing people to get shots.  Now politicians and Big Pharma and research universities have a vested interest in ensuring this information remains suppressed.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly right Steve!  :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, after the delta variant natural immunity, was stronger in this study. Before the variant the jab gVe people more immunity. I just don't see some vast conspiracy like you do.
My point is how so many that were saying this were labeled as misinformation. Pulled off of big tech. And so on. That is my main point.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i should just let this one die and go off in the sunset, but anyone notice other then the stupid commercial on TV that this ordeal is not big deal anymore????/

last week when i went to menards i noticed most of the employees where no longer wearing masks. also at the grocery store i work at, we have meetings on monday mornings, they announced there done with any rona stuff, like social distancing.

the only place i see this being still instituted was and medical clinics, like the hospital when i was there with my mom a week ago or so. and even then the employees where pretty lax wearing masks....there where alot of them that had them down more often then not!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't want to diminish the great loss of life at the beginning of the pandemic or assess the value and effectiveness of the vaccines in the middle of the pandemic, but I think delta and omicron taught many folks that vaccinated or not, masked or not, you can't avoid this crap.
 And most of us made it through.

Some science studies finally got around to admitting that yeah, natural immunity built up as a side effect of having had Covid is legit.  And folks just wanted their lives to go back to normal.

I reckon that any time a new variant pops up or flu season comes around next year that 50% of our divided nation will get all whipped up again, but hopefully it will die down quicker next time.

It really is a shame that so many people lost their jobs over Biden's phoney-baloney vaccine mandate and that Draconian countries like Canada, Australia, and China persist in their approach.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
One of the companies, I think it was J&J announced yesterday they had jab #4 ready to go. I don't care how people handle things concerning Covid. If you are concerned get the shot. If you are concerned wear a mask. If you are concerned stay home. If not don't. Just don't complain if you end up in the hospital, take responsibility for yourself.

Personally I'm more concerned about getting done in by a Russian nuke, but I've been wrong before.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much the way I feel about it too.  Too bad all of the jobs were lost and the economy took such a hit that we are still healing from and so many died.  I do believe all was done in good faith to protect our country.  They errored on the side of caution big time.  BUT what if it had been 100 times deadlier than what it was like the plague.  I hope we can all get it back together now. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the companies, I think it was J&J announced yesterday they had jab #4 ready to go. I don't care how people handle things concerning Covid. If you are concerned get the shot. If you are concerned wear a mask. If you are concerned stay home. If not don't. Just don't complain if you end up in the hospital, take responsibility for yourself.

Personally I'm more concerned about getting done in by a Russian nuke, but I've been wrong before.
hell dutchy...your safe...the Rusky's have no clue where I-falls is!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

and i concur what you stated about the rona!!!!! but enough of big brother mandating this crap!!!!!! like Steveo said the people that lost there lively hood because of the  :bs: needto be hired back!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Hold your horses,new variant in china,1000's infected daily are said to be in lock down,just think of all the olympic atheletes bring this /another strain back to home countries,maybe fauci will resurface to lie some more.

not to mention mid terms around the corner,dems already positioning for mail drop boxes and fighting against voter I.D.....so here we go again.