Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: govenrment shutdown  (Read 1725 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
THIS IS NOT INTENDED  TO BE POLITICAL  :bs: just a simple FYI

in the event the morons in washington shut down the government soon be aware that the government land will not be accessible. the last time it was shut down i seen all over up around the cabin any federal land with trails had barriers across them and stay out signs posted.   
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I could never figure that Bull$#!T out.  Just because the government can't agree on a budget, I can't walk on federal land that "We the People" own!?!   :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

If I didn't live in a state where my senators and representative would just as soon take away all my guns and never let me hunt again, I'd ask them to propose legislation that allowed all Federal lands to be accessible during shutdowns.  It is just flippin' ridiculous. 

Last time I remember there was a big kerfuffle because - I think - a veteran was denied access to a Arlington National Cemetery to commemorate a very important event - or something like that.  This time they are saying that Arlington National Cemetary will remain open if there is a government shutdown.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I could never figure that Bull$#!T out.  Just because the government can't agree on a budget, I can't walk on federal land that "We the People" own!?!   :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

If I didn't live in a state where my senators and representative would just as soon take away all my guns and never let me hunt again, I'd ask them to propose legislation that allowed all Federal lands to be accessible during shutdowns.  It is just flippin' ridiculous. 

Last time I remember there was a big kerfuffle because - I think - a veteran was denied access to a Arlington National Cemetery to commemorate a very important event - or something like that.  This time they are saying that Arlington National Cemetary will remain open if there is a government shutdown.
hey.....i just be the messenger!!!!!! :pouty: :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry  :embarrassed:  I guess you tripped my trigger.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They should all lose their jobs if there is a shutdown. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They'll only lose their jobs if "We the People" are smart enough to fire them.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like more gubmint stupidity. Gating off woods that require no maintenance what so ever is just ridiculous.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like more gubmint stupidity. Gating off woods that require no maintenance what so ever is just ridiculous.
i totally agree JB but thats what they do, seen it. over on IDO there's alot of guys saying they wont abide by it.........i just dont want to find out the consequences should i get checked.

years back a couple family members that lived on the north end of the lake, they where loggers, ended up down in the cities in federal court for tree poaching. never did hear the outcome but thye cut a tree down 10 ft from the boundary they were allowed to log!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm with the fellers over in IDO.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If I had plans to hunt federal lands during the shutdown, I'm pretty sure I'd laugh at the sign as I walk right on passed it...best part is who's enforcing it? No one. I'm not one to go around breaking laws, but common sense tells me this is a no brainer and it's simply for show.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think MN DNR COs were enforcing the Minnesota River Minnesota Valley Federal Wildlife Refuge during the last shutdown - but that is basically metro-area hunting.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm with the fellers over in IDO.
my "pal" over there  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: posted something about some federal act that allows public/federal land to be open during a shutdown!!!!!!!

i gotz da faith they'll get'er done!!!!!!!!  :confused: :doofus: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
who gim???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
He sure seems to know everything…
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If there is a Federal Law, I'd like to see it - cause then we could see who voted for it and who didn't.  But sadly, the federal Legislative Branch has ceded most of its power to the Executive Branch who run everything by executive orders and plans.  I did find this which states...

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service - CONTINGENCY PLAN - September 2023

“In the absence of appropriations, FWS must close refuge units unless and until it is able to determine that allowing particular areas to be reopened or limited activities to resume will not cause it to expend or obligate funds...where public access to refuge lands does not require the presence of a Federal employee or contractor, activities on refuge lands will be allowed to continue…

So I think we're good this time.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That makes more sense.  Not that common sense and government should be used in the same sentence.  LOL

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If there is a Federal Law, I'd like to see it - cause then we could see who voted for it and who didn't.  But sadly, the federal Legislative Branch has ceded most of its power to the Executive Branch who run everything by executive orders and plans.  I did find this which states...

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service - CONTINGENCY PLAN - September 2023

“In the absence of appropriations, FWS must close refuge units unless and until it is able to determine that allowing particular areas to be reopened or limited activities to resume will not cause it to expend or obligate funds...where public access to refuge lands does not require the presence of a Federal employee or contractor, activities on refuge lands will be allowed to continue…

So I think we're good this time.
some congressman, a Republican, has asked the interior secretary to invoke the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act according to my bud! :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
who gim???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:sleazy: yep  :rotflmao:

he said he's been furloughed X amount of times since 2009, BS..    I only say that after almost 30 years of federal service...  dang rookie...   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He sure seems to know everything…
yea he does.......and anytime he leaves an opening i kinda poke him!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao: sometimes he never replies back!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

i've seen enough of his posts to think he'd be a putz at any gathering. and he regrets having a kid!!!! :surrender: :doofus: :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's all about him....    :puke:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

It's all about pissing off "we the people" so we will blame which ever side voted to shut things down, and vote for the otherside.  They both blame each other, but one has a majority vote.......so  :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: "We the People" might not even have a chance to vote for the best candidates. :pouty: Because they probably won't even make the ballot if they don't :kiss: their parties  :moon:. :sad:  :doah:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: "We the People" might not even have a chance to vote for the best candidates. :pouty: Because they probably won't even make the ballot if they don't :kiss: their parties  :moon:. :sad:  :doah:
:scratch: :scratch: WHO......... in there right mind or should i say right candidate , what that so called job!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus:

i know several that held office and didnt run again because of the   :bs: :bs: but they use the wanna spend more time with family line!!!!!