Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 530631 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see that Cousins was "stunned" that Atlanta took a QB with their first pick.  He knew they may take one but not in the first.  They called him whilst waiting to announce the pick.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not real happy that they didn't take somebody that would help the team win this year, is how the pc I read put it. :cry:     :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Not real happy that they didn't take somebody that would help the team win this year, is how the pc I read put it.
There is that.  Especially with all those great receivers on the board.   :doah:

But the overriding factor is, teams aren't in position very often to draft a top 5 QB without overspending to move up.  And if you do need a QB of the future, ya gotta think long term as well. 

Sometimes these guys are great in year 1.  Sometimes they take a couple of years to blossom.  On paper, having a "nice guy, team player" like Kapt. Kirk as QB1 to mentor the lad looks good.  We'll see how it plays out in reality. 

Kirk is always criticized and has to prove himself everywhere he goes.  Will his performance stay at a high level or will the pressure of having an understudy waiting in the wings get to him?   :confused:

Either way, Kirk got paid again.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I think this was an A draft for the Vikes. 2 players who could have a big impact. AND they will supposedly have $100 million for free agency in 2025.

Just need to get Jefferson signed.
« Last Edit: April 04/26/24, 09:29:57 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd like to see 'em go for some depth on the OL today as they still haven't signed Risner, that I know of. So, they're not very deep at Guard. They could use another CB too, IMO. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'd like to see 'em go for some depth on the OL today as they still haven't signed Risner, that I know of. So, they're not very deep at Guard. They could use another CB too, IMO. :scratch:
Risner is beginning to sound like a prima donna!!!! :confused: he's good and keeps saying he doesnt wanna break the bank.  the skinny on him is he's a good pass blocker but sucks on the run!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya they said it was like him last year too. Is he waiting for a big offer that doesn't show up?  How embarrassing I would think when those offers don't show up.  ????   Would like to see an Oline guy too. SO the talk today is how many thought the Falcons GM should have received his walking papers after taking Penix for their big first round pick.  Unless Kirk gets hurt which could happen he won't play for two years.  So they got nothing to help them as a team now.  And Penix is injury prone and may even be healing now I think I heard them say. He is about 25 already so that is not really a good thing for a long range first round pick neither. Isn't he a lefty too?  SO not the perfect guy for them.  UNLESS Kirk gets hurt.  Then he may be the best of them to step in a play.  Bad reason to pick him when you just paid 100 mil guaranteed for the QB that is your starter. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikes signed 17 undrafted FA's looking for another Ivan Pace yday. https://www.vikings.com/news/undrafted-free-agents-2024-nfl-draft

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :pouty: thanks gawd its over!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Yeah, but OTA's start in a week or 2!!! :nerd:  :mooning: :evil:        :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that right.   I can't wait so we can talk to Glenn and Roony about it.  We should have gone and hung out in Roony's shop and had a draft party.  Next year.  Dotch is close too.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hubba:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Lol, no TV or wifi in the shop. We drink rye whiskey and play snooker though.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That will do just fine Roony.   :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure sounds like a good kicker.  :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We've needed one since Zim wasted Daniel Carlson.

Zim cut Carlson in 2018 after he went 1 for 4.  After the Raiders signed Carlson, he made 94% of his field goals.   :doah:  Which by make percentage would have ranked him 7th in the league.  Here is how Carlson's career compared to all the Vikings kickers.

2018:  Daniel Carlson (7th best), Dan Bailey (32nd)  :doah:
2019:  Daniel Carlson (30th), Dan Bailey (4th)  :cheerleader:
2020:  Daniel Carlson (6th), Dan Bailey (35th)  :embarrassed:
2021:  Daniel Carlson (4th), Greg Joseph (21st)  :scratch:
2022:  Daniel Carlson (5th), Greg Joseph (30th)  :angry:
2023:  Daniel Carlson (20th), Greg Joseph (29th)  :coffee:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
When talking about Carlson and the Raiders you must remember their offense is offensive. I'm sure Carlson was trying much longer field goals more often than the better offensive teams of the NFL.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Listening to KFAN whilst I am spackling in the office.  They just talked to Dallas Turner our new edge guy.  He asked about the kicker we just got.  He said that kicker is a "cold hearted sniper".  Now how cool is that.  The Vikes are still at 6.5 for wins at Vegas.  Get the deed to the farm out and bet er all.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikes are still at 6.5 for wins at Vegas.  Get the deed to the farm out and bet er all.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i see an EX-Viking made headlines. Brashad Breeland...... played here in 2021.....was arrested for the 2nd time in 8 months....for drugs and guns.

think the article said he didnt play last year!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Brashad Breeland...... was arrested for the 2nd time in 8 months....for drugs and guns.
Just say "no" to boaf o' dem?  :coffee: