Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532693 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to listen to interviews with ex-Gopher's coach Glen Mason on KFAN radio.  He always says, "Teams are selling one of two things:  they are either selling success, or they are selling hope."

Hope springs eternal with our Minnesota Vikings.  I wish Mr. Dobbs and the Vikes all the best in a bad situation.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard on KFAN that he is a very likeable person and very intelligent of course. I still want him to be backup to Hall for starters at least.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hall has been here all season, so he knows the offense & Dobbs doesn't. Dobbs has already started 10 NFL games & Hall has 0 NFL starts. That is about the only difference I see. They will both need to be ready to play by Sunday.
« Last Edit: November 11/02/23, 06:07:27 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I heard on KFAN that he is a very likeable person and very intelligent of course. I still want him to be backup to Hall for starters at least.

Keep in mind the Vikings head cheerleader has a 3 hour daily show on KFAN. Everything on that station concerning the Vikings is puppies & roses.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Dan Barerrio isn't always "duckies and bunnies" when it comes to the Vikes.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to get the win, but sure was hard watching more guys get hurt. The falcons sure like to play dirty. Although at times it looked like we were watching a pre season game.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Yeah.....seeing names on the backs I don't recognize.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That had to be the strangest Vikes game I have ever seen.  Glad we won.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I did love to see dobbs hold in the pocket and scramble to run! That was a breath of fresh air!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah.....seeing names on the backs I don't recognize.
The guy that replaced Osborne & caught the 2pt conversion was on the practice squad last week. So was the guy that backed up Hicks at LB yday. They had 3 others that are #3 on the depth chart get in the game on defense too. The IL is 19 names long this morning. :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is a lot of injuries. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Cam Akers is out for the season. Christian Darrisaw, T.J. Hockenson and Brian Asamoah will likely be limited in practice this week with injuries, and the status of K.J. Osborn and Jaren Hall is unknown as they go through the NFL's concussion protocol.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn.  Was just getting to like Akers too.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Akers had the second Achilles of his career.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
"The big question looming in the building right now is with Jefferson. He has missed the last four games but is eligible to come off of injured reserve now. There are still tests that need to be done to make sure that he is good to go, but adding him to that receiving corps would be a massive boost.

It’s worth noting that O’Connell said that “it’s possible” that the Vikings open up his practice window."

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
"The big question looming in the building right now is with Jefferson. He has missed the last four games but is eligible to come off of injured reserve now. There are still tests that need to be done to make sure that he is good to go, but adding him to that receiving corps would be a massive boost.

It’s worth noting that O’Connell said that “it’s possible” that the Vikings open up his practice window."

How can it be a looming question? The Vikings running game is worse than the Gophers passing attack. A hobbled Jefferson does nobody any good, get him to 100% and turn him loose.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/vikings_receive_major_injury_update_on_justin_jefferson/s1_17150_39496827 Another question I have is who is QB2 this week? :scratch: I believe Mullens can come off IR this week, if he's healthy, but I'd be very surprised if Hall is cleared in time to practice this week. They still could bring Mannion up from the practice squad too. Generally, their 1st practice of the week is a walk thru on Wednesday, I would think a decision would need to be made by then. :confused:
« Last Edit: November 11/06/23, 10:09:08 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
A short time after the Minnesota Vikings activated the 21-day practice window for Justin Jefferson's return from the IR, head coach Kevin O'Connell said the star wideout return to the field against the Saints Sunday would be "a little aggressive."

The Vikings now have 21 days to activate Jefferson to the 53-man roster or shut him down for the season, with the receiver having been on the IR for four weeks due to a hamstring injury suffered in Week 5 against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikings placed Akers on injured reserve on Wednesday afternoon with his torn Achilles tendon. This is the second time in the last 27 months that Akers suffered the injury.

Because Akers won’t meet the conditions for the trade (500 rushing yards) with the Los Angeles Rams, the Vikings won’t have to send a sixth-round pick in 2025 in exchange for the Rams 2025 seventh-round pick.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
With only two healthy quarterbacks, the Vikings brought back Gopher's Tanner Morgan to their practice squad. He spent time with the Vikings on the practice squad in October and will be available for Sunday’s game.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
A short time after the Minnesota Vikings activated the 21-day practice window for Justin Jefferson's return from the IR, head coach Kevin O'Connell said the star wideout return to the field against the Saints Sunday would be "a little aggressive."

The Vikings now have 21 days to activate Jefferson to the 53-man roster or shut him down for the season, with the receiver having been on the IR for four weeks due to a hamstring injury suffered in Week 5 against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Sounds to me like they are hedging their bet this season.

Why risk further injury to JJ when everything is up in the air with unproven commodities at QB1 and nothing coming out of the running game.  :confused:

If the Vikes go 2-0 in the next two weeks to move to 7-4 overall, we probably see JJ Nov. 27th against da Bears.   :blues brothers:

If the Vikes go 0-2 in the next two weeks with abysmal QB play, maybe they decide to shut JJ down for the rest of the year. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Your right Steve-o,  it's all up to how the QB position plays out. Who knows the way players are dropping we don't want to see Dobbs get hurt, but anyone think this team has a chance in the post season, especially with no running game??

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was one of those who thought Kirk was a boring QB.  Now I hope he comes back in good shape for us.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Jefferson was limited in practice yday.https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/injuries/_/name/min/minnesota-vikings  :scratch: He is probably going to want to play but this suggests probably not 'til against the Broncos. https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-3-roster-moves-including-192250688.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall :confused:
« Last Edit: November 11/09/23, 08:37:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hockenson & Osborn both practiced a little yday. No Hall though & he's still listed as QB2. :scratch:
« Last Edit: November 11/10/23, 08:37:48 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hall has been ruled out for Sunday & Morgan was released from the practice squad. Last I looked Mullens is still on IR too, so that only leaves Mannion to backup Dobbs.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Gunner, I was wondering how it all was playing out.  So two looks at Morgan and still didn't make it.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I don't think they sign him to make the team. I think they sign him because he's cheap and he's local. They need somebody to run the scout teams during practice and he can provide that due to his advanced age and experience. Morgan will wind up being a coach in the near future.

Anyway, thats my guess.