Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1516720 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys get all the good secret sauce... :pouty:
That's cuz it's secret stuff..lol.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Trying out the new batch of sketti sauce we did a few weeks ago shortly.  Pretty sure there's a big container of cottage cheese in da fridge.. although she did something different,  added chopped onion to tge Italian sausage while browning.. we'll see .

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I was way off! Turned out it was sketti pie, who knew..

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
'sketti pie! Me like... :hubba:

Just remember boober:

« Last Edit: November 11/04/22, 07:54:06 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
O'Brian taters with 1 can cr of mushroom and 1 can of cheddar soup and a cup of sour cream, mixed together with cheese on top going into the oven!!!   then some pig wings with raspberry chipotle  sauce!!  too!!!     

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like an interesting combo Mike,  I'd hit it! Looking forward to tomorrow kids are coming over for the game and finger food, after we're having fins and feathers,  2 walleyes and 2 roosters with a casserole. Thinking on not eating til then... :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
O'Brian taters with 1 can cr of mushroom and 1 can of cheddar soup and a cup of sour cream, mixed together with cheese on top going into the oven!!!   then some pig wings with raspberry chipotle  sauce!!  too!!!   

Sounds great Mike.  I have an old recipe like that and it is all on top of pork chops or steaks done to falling apart.  Called Donna's Obrien Potatoes. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
all turned out great too!!   will do the taters again!!   

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Mom's Chow Mein recipe. This is with pheasant legs. She was a member of the local Waconia VFW. They always had a Chow Mein supper every year as a money maker. She made the Chow Mein. I've never forgoten it. I do make a few adjustments.

She usually put the chow mein noodles on the bottom and rice alongside. I put the rice on the bottom and noodles on top.
« Last Edit: November 11/06/22, 03:44:38 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be working on my World Famous Lasagna pretty soon.  People tell me it is better than Glenns Spaghetti.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Gonna use 1 1/4 lbs of italian sausage and 1 1/4 lbs 85 ground beef so should be great!  Lots of cottage cheese will be harmed in this program too.  And mozzarella too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Gonna be working on my World Famous Lasagna pretty soon.  People tell me it is better than Glenns Spaghetti.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Gonna use 1 1/4 lbs of italian sausage and 1 1/4 lbs 85 ground beef so should be great!  Lots of cottage cheese will be harmed in this program too.  And mozzarella too.
:pouty: iffin you got cottage cheese it it......NO WAY is it world famous!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife was watching and said that is going to be a big mess so put it on a flat sheet.  She was right again.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Gotta have cottage cheese in it or it's just spaghetti.  :tut: :tut:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Homemade turkey veggie noodle soup and a lunch meat sammich!! Tried a Sammie with that secret sauce! :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/10/22, 06:49:03 PM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that horseradish on that sandwich Glenn?  I like horseradish and ketchup on hot dogs.  I did have a hot dog the other day with the Secret Sauce.  Pretty good stuff. 
« Last Edit: November 11/11/22, 07:41:01 AM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
why yes......yes it it!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Road kill and rotten cabage, glenns staple!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Road kill and rotten cabage, glenns staple!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i learned from the best buddy..............YOU!!!!!!! :surrender: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a package of round steaks thawing that I found in the freezer.  They are from my farmer buddy.  Now I have to figure out what I am going to do with them.  Salisbury steak?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a package of round steaks thawing that I found in the freezer.  They are from my farmer buddy.  Now I have to figure out what I am going to do with them.  Salisbury steak?
LPS....i looked in the recipe thread on the food thread and i have a really good Korean marinade for steaks like rounds. try that..you'll like it. its on the 2nd page!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Where is the food thread?  I have looked for it before and don't see it. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Where is the food thread?  I have looked for it before and don't see it.
its below the hunting forums.....food thread is the 5th one down..........and the recipe thread is in the child boards.......should be in red!!!!!

go to the forums first on top!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS....i looked in the recipe thread on the food thread and i have a really good Korean marinade for steaks like rounds. try that..you'll like it. its on the 2nd page!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
:scratch: NO KATCHUP? :shocked: :confused:         ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:         
« Last Edit: November 11/16/22, 06:24:51 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Decided I am going to do a slow cook in the dutch oven with onions and mushrooms and Better than Beef bouillon stuff. Says cook until tender which is in the 2.5 - 3 hours range. Will put it on extra wide egg noodles.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Turned out awesome.  Will definitely do it again.  Here the round steaks had been run through a tenderizer already too so I didn't have to pound them with a mallet.  Was actually looking forward to it.