Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The BBQ Shack, Wildlife recipes and Cooking / Re: Good Morning!!!!!!
« Last post by Jerkbiat on Today at 05:28:33 AM »
Morning boys. 43 here and heading for 53 today it says. Nice little walleye chop on the lake this morning. The winds will pickup tonight and start raining into tomorrow. Talking another 1/2" here. Checked the tire pressure on the tires on the camper last night and the propane too. Getting that ready to go for the weekend. Tis Friday for me today. We made a 5 day weekend out of it. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
« Last post by Jerkbiat on Yesterday at 09:40:32 PM »
Cool Mark! Unfortunately it was cloudy here.
« Last post by markn on Yesterday at 09:06:33 PM »
Well a great end to the day. Still have a couple things left to do, but a great moon rise. See ya in the AM. :happy1: :happy1:
General Discussion / Re: Ford 2.3L I4 engine.
« Last post by tangle tooth on Yesterday at 08:42:41 PM »
      I have heard this several times. I think I was just very lucky. That truck owed me nothing. I got rid of it with close to 220,000 miles on it. I once went close to 20,000 on one oil change because I thought it's life was just about over.
      It sounds like that little engine would serve my needs well enough. No heavy loads or towing anymore. I like the idea of a manual transmission again.
      Thanks.
« Last post by glenn57 on Yesterday at 08:32:06 PM »
Evening fellers... finally quit raining about 3 ish. Got the shelter finished over the pump, cut, hauled and split stacked some firewood

AND NO alcohol was consumed today! :shocked: :shocked:
General Discussion / Re: incoming weather
« Last post by fishwidow on Yesterday at 07:32:26 PM »
We had a total of three inches the last few days. I showed the gauge to my wife snd said, “Look, Honey. Seven inches.
« Last post by HD on Yesterday at 06:23:29 PM »
Yup, we had to weld up the frame on ours too cause it rusted out.

If you Google that V6, a lot of them got warped heads and leaked antifreeze into the cylinders. I ended up putting rebuilt heads on, but then the bottom end dropped a rod.
« Last post by tangle tooth on Yesterday at 06:08:14 PM »
      I had a '97 Ranger with the 4.0L V-6 and put 120,000 miles on it with very little problems. I was a bit surprised by that.
      I got rid of that Ranger because of the frame rusting out.
« Last post by HD on Yesterday at 05:30:38 PM »
Ecoboost means it's a turbo, so no on both questions.

The ranger I had, had a V6....it was a lemon.
Neighbor guy has a ranger with the 2.3 and he's still running it without many problems.
General Discussion / Ford 2.3L I4 engine.
« Last post by tangle tooth on Yesterday at 04:35:33 PM »
      Looking at a Ford Ranger with this engine and I have a couple questions.

A). Are all these engines considered Ecoboost?

2). Are most of these engines turbocharged?

Advertised at 143 hp so I'm thinking it's not a turbo. It's in a 4x2 and a 5- speed manual.

Any thoughts on these?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10