Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: so, now its mom.......  (Read 16317 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
What's happening Glenn?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
🙏 brother. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm home now and her husband is there. Pretty certain it's something to do with the stents in her liver. She's weak and looks like hell.

But ER my  :moon: when we checked in they said it be 4 hours. Then add the 5 ambulance that came in while we waited.

I ran into someone iu know, they'd been waiting since 1:30.

Just got word thru got called into a room to see a doc!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hospital ERs are so understaffed it is criminal.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are trying to save money so they can overpay the execs by about 10 times what they are worth. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Covid burned out a lot of staff.

Draconian vaccination policies caused many healthcare workers to loose their jobs.

Hospitals try to screw over their nursing staff every chance they can.  I am PRO nurses unions.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Steve-O...i'm PRO any union!!!!!! :happy1: :sleazy:

at 4 am i got a text from my stepdad....he was finally at moms house. and she was finally in a room. couple bags of fluids, a bag of meds and a CT scan. stents are plugged again. they were replaced a month ago. supposed to last 6 months, last time lasted 4. this time 1. he said more tomorrow.

and she threw a fit and slammed the U to her primary last week when she had bloodwork done......more today i guess!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh boy....   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i went tdown to visit in the hopes of getting to hear what the plan was. i lucked out as a surgeon stopped by. they seen her gall bladder was agitated, swollen, but not infected. within 45 minutes they hauled her away and where going to put a stent in her gall bladder. they figure letting it drain away  would solve the problem. her other stents seem to be fine!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure hope that is it for her!!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hope so too. It's no fun mailing stuff to you when bad things are happening.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope that is it too. Surprised they don't just remove the gal bladder if it is causing trouble.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope that is it too. Surprised they don't just remove the gal bladder if it is causing trouble.

Kinda what I was thinking.   Best wishes for your Mom and hang in there Glen

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the surgeon that came in and talked to us said there would be unneccessary drawbacks from removing it at this point. they said the procedure went really well and liked the results.

since there the experts in the field i gotta go with what they think.  :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yuppers  and good to hear!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother is back here and at the hospital. He called and said mom has a blood infection. WTF next? :doofus: per my brother she is now dealing with infectious disease Dr.

Game plan is meds for the next 14 days every 8 hours and when some type of room opens up in paynseville that's where she will go.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
When it rains it pours sometimes. Know that we're thinking about her and you as part of the family here.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hang in there our friend.  Keep us posted.  Good thoughts coming your way. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ouch Glenn... 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that.  It is scary how quickly singular issues can multiply - especially with older people.  Longer recovery too.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow. Like Dotch said. Seems when it rains it pours. Hoping for the best for your Mom and Smurfette!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
went to see mom yesterday afternoon. guess these rooms are called swing rooms. she's all settled in and is doing good. its nothing more then a plain hospital room  :scratch: :scratch:

talking with my brother yesterday we came to the conclusion this gall bladder thing and blood infection is maybe a direct result of the stents in her liver. she waits until she is so sick, stents blocked, and in dire need of medical help these fluids seep into her body and blood stream. anyway thats what we think.

brother had a long talk with her also about her eating habits........i've tried......she's not eating anything worth a sh!t and is weak. hopefully she listens and the medical team stresses it!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You and your brother are most likely right on. Hopefully she listens.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, hope they get her on the right page glenn. We have some of the same issues here with the wife. What's up with that?  :scratch: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, hope they get her on the right page glenn. We have some of the same issues here with the wife. What's up with that?  :scratch:
yep  :happy1: we hope so too....but alot of it is up  to her.......and she's pretty damn stubborn at times.....now i know where my brother gets it from!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
went to see Mom yesterday. getting stronger and looks pretty good!!!! BUT, she's already complaining about her accomodations!!!! :surrender: we knoew it would be just a matter of time.

she was kinda napping when i got there. so i had a chance to talk to the nurse attending to her. she is eating a bit better. i told her my concerns about her eating, didnt take long and a dietitian showed up. there seems to be some issues with where her stents are. she was getting mushy food, so hopefully that gets taken care of. oh, and that dietitian was pretty damn cute to  :sleazy: i noticed a walker in her room but the nurse said she's not inclined to want to use it, when i asked mom about it she said she doesnt think she is allowed to go out on her own. :doofus:

its still progress!! guess her plan is to go home wed when her husband gets there to shower and putz, then thurs to go to some church function. so she will get out and about a bit!!!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good for her!!!    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good for her!!!    :happy1:
i called my brother last night to let him know...........so, he tells me i went up and started trouble again!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

at least now she might get something other then 4th stage baby food!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh boy.....