Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: perdedor hunting  (Read 4107 times)

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Any one hunt fox or coyote in this state? MN did it 1 time it was a blast
Hunt hard, Shoot straight, Kill clean!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I usually make it out once or twice every time it's a full moon in the winter.  I have a group of friends that make it a good time.  We've ave some fun chasing them down during the day every once in a while too.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Were do U set up? By a swamp or a field or how about a old rock quary   

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I like to be in the middle of an open field with the wind in my favor from the direction I believe they are going to come.  By the time they start to circle down wind it's usually within my range anyway.  I set the decoy and caller about 25-50 yards away from where I'm sitting.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Every yr and all year for coyote. Love those summer hunts when the whole family is out in the feild. :fudd: What part of the state are you hunting? If you have a creek or river set up on it. A hill over looking it is perfect. The love running them. Cattail swamps usually hold them in the winter very well. No wind and plenty of food.
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
the spot I am thinking about is by mc greger A hill on the south side over looking a old logging site. The other side is woods that turns in to a swamp. Eazy access thinking about puting decoy/bait out in the center call form the hill and pick them off. The only prob is I only got a .06 or 22lr. Or set up on the other side and use shot gun?

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The further away you can sit the better. They have eyes and noses on them that pick it all up. Your set up sounds very good.
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thats what I thought what about the .06 over kill aint it I dont hand load (YET)

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Want them dead don't you? Never too much fire power when dealing with coyote in my opinion. I've killed plenty with a normal 22 rimfire but my gun of choice is a 243 or whatever I have in my hand when I see one. If you want the pelt just get full medal jackets they don't expand at all and leave a pea size hole. Just use a gun you're comfortable with that won't jam up when it's cold.

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
FMJ you say. sounds cheeper than a divoris! I want to make a hat. already got a bobcat cheated payed for it at the state fair