Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area for July 12th 13th and 14th 2014  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I guided repeat customers the Bailey family group with some from down Lincoln NE way and some from MN. for two days down at West Bend and we got limits and possession limits for the group of these great guy's plus some nice walleye meals while they were here. We caught the fish around underwater tree beds for the most part in around 30 fow on crawler/bouncer rigs. I then had the opportunity to take my friend former NE football coach and AD Tom Osborne down to the Bend in some pretty good wind but we caught a good number of fish keeping a limit of walleye throwing some back to get around a nice 17 inch avg size walleye. A side to this trip was some pretty good information and a reaffirmation of a slow salmon bite on Lake Oahe as Tom spent a few days fishing for Salmon catching four fish to around 10 lbs on their first day but then running into zero day. Tom is a very good Salmon fisherman so for the most part this bite continues to be real spotty. Oahe continues to put out fish but a lot of the walleye are smaller. Most boats do come in with various amounts of bigger fish but Sharpe for me still is the better place for an over all avg. size limit. Oahe remains the place to stay out of the crowds though and for better odds of catching the over 25 inch fish. Plenty of fly's /bugs out now and warmer days are the norm so lots of water and a good insect spray are good ideas.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch