Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 114378 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I meant it's not easy to see the change in the size of the bases, db. :rolleyes: Yeah, I too believe that there'll be a lot more teams stealing bases this season.
« Last Edit: March 03/01/23, 06:27:33 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree db, as I only see 4 pitchers in yday's box score that I recognize & a like # of position players.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm headed to Kansas City on the 20th for a week. By the time I return home I'll be in full spring mode mentally. Baseball will have started, it will be warmer and the snow should have started melting up here. Baseball = summer for me.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm headed to Kansas City on the 20th for a week. By the time I return home I'll be in full spring mode mentally. Baseball will have started, it will be warmer and the snow should have started melting up here. Baseball = summer for me.
you going down to visit the Boilermakers unions headquarters???? :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I just learned that for the 1st time since 1968 all 30 teams are supposed to start the season at the same time, March 30. :cool:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I caught most of their 1st game on BSNOR yday against the Phillys. Recognized some of the pitchers but that was about it. The next televised game is tomorrow.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I haven't heard Provius on the TV or Radio. Is something up or is he just not doing the early pre-season games? I'm liking Attabury more and more each year.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Google doesn't have any recent news about him.

I looked twice when I saw an article announcing Provus as the new Brewers radio guy, but that article was from 2009.   :doah:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I know I heard him doing some national games last year. I don't know anything beyond that.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They were on BSNOR again today, but it was a TB feed, I believe.  :confused: Twins even had 5 stolen bases but none of those were by anybody that'll probably be with the team Opening Day.  :scratch:
« Last Edit: March 03/03/23, 06:30:39 AM by Gunner55 »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I watched the 9th inning last night (must have been a replay) what a clown show that was. There was some ass chewing in that Tampa dugout after that game I would guess.   :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched the 9th inning last night (must have been a replay) what a clown show that was. There was some ass chewing in that Tampa dugout after that game I would guess.   :rotflmao:
What happened?

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twins had 1 hit going into the 9th and trailed 2-1.
I think they won 4-2 and had 1 more hit. A bunch of walks and stolen bases and errant throws by the catcher who was brutal. To say they were like a Babe Ruth team would be a insult to Babe Ruth teams everywhere.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
On youtube I saw a side by side of the new 15 second pitch rule beside the old way with a pitcher and the batter killing all kinds of time.  If I find it again I will post it.  Great change.  Why are the bases bigger?  Can't they see them?  LOL

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Bases larger to cut down on injuries. Especially on double plays and stolen attempts.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We watched the last half of the game yesterday and didn't recognize a lot of names. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I see MLB has hired 1 from AT&T Sportsnet, & 2 Bally Sports guys to help produce the local games this season. I imagine there's a lot to be done if they're going to be ready in at least 14 & maybe 17 different markets by Opening Day, which is 3/30 this year. https://ballparkdigest.com/2023/03/01/mlb-ramps-up-production-team-for-local-baseball-broadcasts/
« Last Edit: March 03/09/23, 11:15:27 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The interviews KFAN's Dan Bararrio did with Mike Veeck were very good.  I reckon there will be one more in the very near future (if he didn't already to it yesterday).

Mike could spin stories.  He was responsible Disco Demolition Night.  :bonk: :police:

This Day In Sports: A different way of dissing disco
« Last Edit: March 03/16/23, 09:10:51 AM by Steve-o »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Diamond Sorts Holdings.........they must be affiliated with the Twins ownership. Isn't that awards deal at the end of the season put on by these guys?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's Diamond Baseball Holdings & they bought the Twins AA team back in December too. The article says they now own 14 minor league teams, so it's more than just the Twins affiliates. http://www.diamondbaseballholdings.com/
« Last Edit: March 03/16/23, 02:39:58 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I know it's not the Twins but I've been watching the WBC the last couple nights. The US squad won a close game against Venezuela Saturday night but blew out Cuba last night, so they are in the Finals on Tuesday. Mexico plays Japan tonight for the right to play the US tomorrow. All games on FS1 at 6, if anyone's interested. Pretty sure I'll be watchin. :cool:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Watched Buxton take a few swings yday but he was the DH. Taylor got the start in CF.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess it makes sense.  Keep his bat in the lineup and use his speed on the bases.  Can't do that if he is dinged up playing in the outfield all the time.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i'm waiting to hear Dutchy's take on china doll!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'm pretty sure it won't be :cheerleader: :party1: :happybounce:!!  :nerd:          :rolleyes:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman