Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: boat locators  (Read 10048 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ours is just like the pic, I don't remember is your transducer long, and have side imaging? A board might help with rough roads then. If not I wouldn't worry about it.
no not really. it might stick out a bit further them my old one, but not much!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't have a pic of ours, but it's probably a 6" long transducer.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope nowhere's close to that!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The board just cleans it up so you aren't drilling hole in the boat everytime you switch equipment.  They are about $20.  Pretty standard anymore. But not mandatory

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You’ll void the warranty if you put it on the port side, you may even damage your boat?

Good one Coop  LOLOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The board just cleans it up so you aren't drilling hole in the boat everytime you switch equipment.  They are about $20.  Pretty standard anymore. But not mandatory
i looked them up looks to me like you still screw that into the boat. this will be my last locator, so...........but i'm still thinkin. might check FF tomorrow for them,i gotta go to st cloud anyway my crossbow is finally done, wont hurt to put it on i guess.

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
nope nowhere's close to that!!!!

If it is a bird and it is not noticeable long than you must have the high speed transducer and not the side scan.  The units come with either.  I run both.

As for the board. Yes it still goes into the boat but you put it on once.  Put some silicone on the screws and behind the board.  Running it on the starboard side has less turbulence. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have 2 transducers on our boat for our Lowrance too. A smaller puck style 1 for the regular sonar/ down scan & a narrower longer 1 for the side imaging.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Scenic.......the locator has side and down imaging. i mainly wanted the chip, but got talked into this unit. its not much bigger then my old one.

and i decided to put it on the starboard side......may as well do what the instructions tell me!!!!!

only setback so far is when i went to put the chip in looks like they may have given me the wrong one. its to big wont fit in the locator..........could be operator error, but doubt it. fortunately my wife needs to go to Maple Grove for an appt Friday....so she's taking it with her!!!!

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Inside of the chip there is a micro chip that goes in your unit.  They normally come with both sizes.   Because your unit is a side image does not mean your transducer is.  The side imaging ducers are pretty good sized. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Inside of the chip there is a micro chip that goes in your unit.  They normally come with both sizes.   Because your unit is a side image does not mean your transducer is.  The side imaging ducers are pretty good sized.
:happy1: thanks, i'll check it out!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Info overload, to many options, cant decide, glenn, locator, electronics, cant decide.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well the mystery of the chip has been solved!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

oh boar......... :pouty: :shocked: i've made more executive decisions this morning before you rolled outta bed!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yea like which way to wipe yur as's, front to back or back to front
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Glenns wish!! :rotflmao:
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea like which way to wipe yur as's, front to back or back to front
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well got the block in place, all hooked up. directions tell me to check it all out on a lake then out the final lock in place transom screw in...... so........not sure when but i'll get'er done!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenns wish!! :rotflmao:
the price of that spearing stuff just keeps getting higher!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
well got the block in place, all hooked up. directions tell me to check it all out on a lake then out the final lock in place transom screw in...... so........not sure when but i'll get'er done!!!!

Take a Pic of your transducer.  Curious to know what you have.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Take a Pic of your transducer.  Curious to know what you have.
i'll post it later today!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here it is. Question  though, the instructions say something about not curling up the extra cord to much in one place, may cause interference??, any opinions?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now you need one of those things to hold the wire.  Screw the wire holder to the top of that board.  Do any coiling up in the well or in the boat somewhere.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Jeez Glenn, you could have washed that rig a couple times at least.  :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Be sure to coil them clockwise in the northern hemisphere and anti-clockwise in the southern and you won’t have any trouble.

Seriously, EMI from coiled cables isn't a problem until it is.  If it was me - ignorant as I am - I'd be satisfied with making the loops as big as I could in the space I want to tuck the cord away and call it good.  As long as y'er not coiling all the extra wire inside a soup can, y'er probably fine.  But what do I know?   :confused:  That's right.  Nothin.  ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Jeez Glenn, you could have washed that rig a couple times at least.  :bonk: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :mooning: It's to busy fishing to clean. The inside is spick and span though! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: Except for ALL that slime!! ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So looking at the transducer. It doesn't look like a side imaging ducer. Unless maybe they changed them recently. The side imaging ducer on my hummingbird is 5 to 6" long.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I thought too JB.