Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trump Admin Stimulus Pkg  (Read 38499 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I was in 10th grade when I learned that everyone and every business ought to have a six month reserve of liquid assets to prepare for catastrophes. What in the world happened to real conservatives?

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
For one thing Roony it takes an average of 3 years for a small buisness to make a actual profit OK.  They live by loans until then.  Some take loans even to make payroll.  This is why I respect folks that actually go out and take that risk, hire folks in time and finaly make it.  This is a shock to all of the small buisness's.  You do not expect anyone to tell you to shut your doors and we don not know if you can open them up again.  What happens after 10 weeks then????  Too bad for you and your employees?  This is not their fault or anyone's fault.  good luck.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I was in 10th grade when I learned that everyone and every business ought to have a six month reserve of liquid assets to prepare for catastrophes. What in the world happened to real conservatives?

Someone had to pay for all the New lefty Welfare Programs!   "SNAP"   :coffee:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
When the government, the businesses, and the consumers are all so far in debt a collapse is inevitable. Reinhard, I have had my own business for close to 40 years so you don't need to school me on that. One thing I haven't done is drive new vehicles, have the best boat, etc.
Best Wishes

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
This is not a buisness collapse and who says all the buisness's are in debt.  The stock market was roaring and the buisness's on the most part were making profits and hiring more and more employees which has been shown each and every months.  So your analysis of the way things are going is off the mark.  Yes I agree the government is in debt and both party's contribute to that.  I admire that you have had a buisness for 40 years that takes a lot of hard work and long hours.  But when you say that government [which is true] and the consumers? and all buisness's ? are all in debt a collapse is inevitable?  This doesn't even make sense.  This is not about managing money this is about a disease.  This is not about any party, buisness, or anything other than a disease which is ravaging this country period.  good luck.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good, then if business debt and consumer debt are no issue according to you, then we don't need to put the nation further in debt with a stimulus bill. You and I both know how you would be reacting if a D was in charge.
Best Wishes, I know your intent is genuine

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Well then we will just disagree on what is causing this situation that is needing this unreal fix by the government.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Funny, you don't hear anything from the Red Cross now!

Yeah, they are probably doing something - goodness knows what.   :scratch:  Apparently you only hear from them when the $$$ are coming in.
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: oh yes i do................they vant my blood!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Not yur blood....For one, it's blue...and two, it;s thinned out from alcohol....  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: well then they got over 6 gallons of thinned out blue blood!!👍 :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
As long as there is no end to how much money they can hand out, I hope there is something in there for the farmers too. They have been operating without profit for about 3 years now due to government policies. I am talking about smaller family farms not corporate interests.
« Last Edit: March 03/25/20, 08:14:35 AM by roony »

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, you are absolutely right my man.  Both sides want to position themselves so they can take 100% of the credit and 0% of the blame.   :angry2:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
As long as there is no end to how much money they can hand out, I hope there is something in there for the farmers too. They have been operating without profit for about 3 years now due to government policies. I am talking about smaller family farms not corporate interests.
Well the farmers around here sure have plenty of money and they are not corporate farmers.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Take a look at commodity pricing versus cost of production. They had some good years in the past I agree but maybe they saved the money instead of squandering it. They shouldn't be penalized for that.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, you are absolutely right my man.  Both sides want to position themselves so they can take 100% of the credit and 0% of the blame.   :angry2:
THANKS, deadeye. the  :bs: these politicians play on both sides the isle drive me crazy. I know of several people that where in the legislator here in Minnesota that after 1 term bailed out. they used the words spend more time with there family but the real reason they got out was the constant bickering.  if a bill came up and it was a good bill for the people, it depended what party it came from. opposing party...…….they were badgered to vote against it.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The left wing and the right wing are both part of the same vulture

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :scratch: So like, do we have ta clam our stimulus checks as income at tax time. :confused:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: So like, do we have ta clam our stimulus checks as income at tax time. :confused:

Now don't go upsettin' da apple cart already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :doah:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

:tut: Guess-in don't count now :sad:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

:tut: Guess-in don't count now :sad:

Any one?.....Any one?... Buelar ..Anyone? :scratch:

:confused: :confused: :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/25/20, 12:14:13 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Money ain't free.....they'll tax it back.  Just like they do any refunds ya get back...add it to NEXT years gross income... :banghead:    $$$$$$$$$$
« Last Edit: March 03/25/20, 12:16:13 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Take a look at commodity pricing versus cost of production. They had some good years in the past I agree but maybe they saved the money instead of squandering it. They shouldn't be penalized for that.

Cost of production is heavily influenced by the cost of land.  If the land is owned outright the actual cost, or cash flow, is much lower.    Likewise machinery.   Yes it depreciates, but it is a fixed cost or maybe no actual cash cost.   

Looks like the U of Iowa says cost for 2020 not including land and labor is right around $2.00 per acre for corn.   
I'll attach the pdf. of the full report.   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Cost of production is heavily influenced by the cost of land.  If the land is owned outright the actual cost, or cash flow, is much lower.    Likewise machinery.   Yes it depreciates, but it is a fixed cost or maybe no actual cash cost.   

Looks like the U of Iowa says cost for 2020 not including land and labor is right around $2.00 per acre for corn.   
U of M says a little over $500 per acre to put in a crop not including land. This was at a "fair rent" seminar I attended late this winter. So that is a break even point of about $2.50
 per bushel before land cost, if yield is best case scenario. About $3.75 or so with land cost, taxes on land have gone through the roof.
« Last Edit: March 03/25/20, 12:57:56 PM by roony »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Money ain't free.....they'll tax it back.  Just like they do any refunds ya get back...add it to NEXT years gross income... :banghead:    $$$$$$$$$$

Tanks fur da answer Reb :happy1:  It's not like I was worried bout it. It's gest dat wit da bingos all shut down, Well!
Let's just say dat wid-out Borgie's winnin all da extra dough every week. Tings are gittin a tad tight round here :banghead:

Click photo

:Photography:
« Last Edit: March 03/25/20, 02:54:34 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, tell me about it. Every time I want gravy with my supper, I just add some warm water to it.... :angry:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

U of M says a little over $500 per acre to put in a crop not including land. This was at a "fair rent" seminar I attended late this winter. So that is a break even point of about $2.50
 per bushel before land cost, if yield is best case scenario.

I think you meant $2/bushel del. The cost per acre varies here with customers who own most of their land free and clear and are relatively debt free with old money backing everything up to those who own very little and have been paying cash rent that's in the $250 - $300 per acre territory. The thing that really has a lot of guys in trouble in the near term is they bought a lot of new iron in the good years, great terms, so they financed it while paying down other debt. Now those payments are coming due as well as their operating loans that remain unpaid in many cases from last year. The machinery isn't worn out necessarily but repair bills increase with the age of equipment. With shop rates at $150/hr. in some cases (think green paint) and the inability to legally repair some of this equipment yourself anymore, you're stuck. Then MN in their infinite wisdom taxes the gain in trade in value (if you realzed a gain) on used equipment as income immediately so all the sudden there's an extra income tax bill due. Not unusual as eqipment salesmen are scrambling to make new sales right and know the market is hot for good used stuff. See page A4. It's not just farmers either. It's other small businesses too.

https://albertleatribune.dirxionpages.net/Albert-Lea-Tribune-03072020-e-Edition/4/   
« Last Edit: March 03/25/20, 01:42:29 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, $2.00 per bushel.  Sorry for the typo. 

Lots more detail in the document attached above.

And that link to the albert lee paper just offers to let me subscribe...  naga da as dana carvey said...
« Last Edit: March 03/25/20, 03:10:26 PM by delcecchi »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Livestock prices are getting hit real hard lately and we can be pretty sure the ethanol plants won't run at a loss for too long of a time.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good! Shut down the ethanol crap!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good! Shut down the ethanol crap!
:tut: :tut: :tut: I have 2 shops that supplied a lot of structural steel to them places!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I can't help it!!!!  :doah: