Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cleaners  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
What do you use to remove algae stains from the hull of the boat?  ??? 
(alum. w/ powder coat paint)

What do you use to remove mildew stains from vinyl?  ???
(seats & trim on the boat)

There are so many products out there, and most of the marine products have a hefty price to go along with them.  I'd rather spend my money on fishing equiptment/tackle then cleaners.  I'm sure there must be a tried and trued method or brand out there that won't dig into my tackle fund!
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
I used CLR to remove the stains from the hull last fall, I would also use it on the seats.

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 WELL WOODY , with your seats i   would use bleech  and  regular  dish soap.. the bleech should be aroung two tablespoons  to around a quart of water . you can adjust this depending on how much  mildew you have. then use a little dish soap and a rag  to wipe it down after the bleech , this should be the most cost effective way to eradicate your mildew problem. .  . CLR is a good thing for the hull .  bleech would work as  well  but you need to be careful on the strength . you could hurt the paint with a real strong mixture .  good luck . i hope this helps    scott
member  # 569