Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4972917 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 and fog here, going to mid 60's, that will be nice.  not sure what the day has in store but bring it on!!  maybe some mowing got a few areas still growing fast!!  have a good day all.... HD don't get rusty!!

lucked out yesterday, the rain missed us here, but I see the south east got nailed again...
« Last Edit: October 10/07/17, 08:09:31 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Yes we did!! 2" rain here and still sprinkling. 56* out. lotsa aches and pains today, just layin' low. Have a good one guys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Has this been a record breaking year for rain there Rebs?  Sure seems like you have gotten a lot of rain.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think so....but the weather morons say we're actually having "near drought conditions"...SAY WHAT??!!!! It's rained 3 out of 7 days off and on all year long, with weeks at a time down here! Lotsa heavy rain, too.  The farmers got started way late because of water standing in fields...then too soggy to get the early corn down here...And the rivers are now at top of their their banks....how the hey does THAT happen with "near drought conditions"?! But, my sump pump hasn't gone off all year, so the ground ain't saturated....:scratch:
« Last Edit: October 10/07/17, 11:24:50 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually not much rain from late August until recently here in Rochester....  Things were actually getting sort of dry until last week.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Got plenty now.  Sump pumps kicking in.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Quit stirrin' the pot!!  :tut:  Don't you have some laundry to wash?!
« Last Edit: October 10/07/17, 03:56:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Got plenty now.  Sump pumps kicking in.

Mine hasn't yet...showin'  2.5" in my rain gauge right now.....and still raining in Swampville.
« Last Edit: October 10/07/17, 04:06:13 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Quit stirrin' the pot!!  :tut:  Don't you have some laundry to wash?!

ah that's done,  I took the time today cause it was so nice here and went over to Camp Ripley to check on mine and the wife final resting spot, and to find a nice place to the kid and grand kids for lunch after that, found a nice place right outside the gate to the main camp...  I liked it right away, it was full of National Guards!!!  great day all the way around!!!   

even made a stop at the Fishing Museum in Little Falls, a great place to visit!!!!!

then I stopped and got some lettuce so I can finally make my BLT!!!
« Last Edit: October 10/07/17, 06:54:16 PM by mike89 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, my friend must have had eggs so when I got back yesterday afternoon he gave a dozen hard boiled eggs.  well I took my bacon for the BLT and cooked that on the smoker grill, then lowered the temp and smoked 6 eggs.  then I made some deviled eggs out of those, oh yea good eats!! cause of my doing other things the mowing did not get done, maybe today or tomorrow...  I'm in no rush!!  do some dishes today is about it, have a good day all!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we got back from Austin shortly before noon yday. Her appt was for 3:20 on Thursday & it started rainin just as I dropped them off at the door of the clinic & didn't stop until late yday afternoon. Not sure how much we got but it rained pretty hard a few times Friday night, bet we got a couple inches easy. They're sayin upper 70's today so I got some laundry goin  & breakefast is cookin too, so I gotta roll. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
'Morning all. 55* and sunny here. Woke up with a pounding headache (rare for me) and hurt like a beatch all over....sneezin' and coughin'. Felt awful yday. Worse today. Early flu? I hope not. Too much stuff to do this week outside. Supposed to be in the mid 70's...then it takes a plunge all week. Upper 30's at nite...I'm ready. Looks like Wally World is too...picked up some groceries on Wednesday, and along with the sections of Halloween stuff, the outdoor living area and aisles were set up right next to the Halloween stuff with CHRISTMAS TREES and aisles of DECORATIONS!!  :doah: Pretty soon, they'll meet their own tail and end up having them up all year long.... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 10/08/17, 10:35:15 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Don't go to wally world then!!! :crazy: :doofus: sheez!!! :thumbs: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK. I'll go toSLYVEE, Home of the rip-off, and send YOU the bill! O ya,  bite me!  :mooning:
« Last Edit: October 10/08/17, 11:53:19 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Gents some sun shinning here and it is already 60 out, warmest day of the past week. Garden cleaning day as stuff growing in the five gallon buckets will be moved into the greenhouse. Frost in the forecast and I will try and keep peppers and tomatoes growing for at least a few more weeks. Hoping for at least one more nice day so I can get the decks stained, better late then not done at all!
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Delmar!! Lookit the rain totals.... :shocked:

The following cooperative locations established precipitation records for October 6-7.

New           Old            Records
   Location           Record        Record    Year   Began
   --------           ------        ------    ----  -------
Alma Dam 5A WI      1.30 inches  1.29 inches  1941   1936
Altura 5W MN        1.82 inches  0.47 inches  2016   2003
Black River Falls   1.41 inches  0.62 inches  1950   1942
Byron MN            1.99 inches  0.66 inches  2016   1993
Caledonia MN        3.49 inches  1.14 inches  1948   1892
Charles City IA     1.74 inches  0.72 inches  1903   1893
Cresco 1 NE IA      2.50 inches  1.42 inches  1948   1893
Elgin 2SSW MN       1.58 inches  1.15 inches  1967   1939
Elma IA             2.18 inches  0.57 inches  1913   1907
Friendship WI       1.80 inches  0.89 inches  1930   1930
Gays Mills WI       1.82 inches  0.40 inches  1982   1956
Genoa Dam 8 WI      2.37 inches  0.95 inches  1941   1936
Grand Meadow MN     1.85 inches  1.40 inches  1903   1887   
Fayette IA          2.43 inches  1.72 inches  1922   1893
Harmony MN          2.75 inches  1.34 inches  1941   1939
Hokah 4NW MN        2.81 inches  0.09 inches  2016   2006
Ionia 2W IA         2.04 inches  0.33 inches  2008   2002
Lake City MN        1.47 inches  0.99 inches  2009   1896
La Crescent Dam 7   2.38 inches  1.32 inches  1941   1939
La Crosse 4NNW WI   2.52 inches  0.63 inches  2009   1999
La Crosse NWS       3.59 inches  0.57 inches  2009   2000
La Farge WI         1.91 inches  0.25 inches  2009   1940
Lynxville Dam 9 IA  1.75 inches  0.99 inches  1941   1936
Minnesota City Dam  1.50 inches  0.99 inches  1941   1939
Nashua 2 SW IA      2.40 inches  0.03 inches  2016   2001
Osage IA            2.39 inches  1.94 inches  1931   1893
Preston MN          1.80 inches  1.15 inches  1967   1952
Rochester RH 2 NW   2.26 inches  0.59 inches  2016   2000
Rochester NW AP NE 1.98 inches  0.59 inches  2016   2000
St. Ansgar IA       1.91 inches  1.33 inches  1948   1948
Soldiers Grove WI   1.90 inches  0.66 inches  1984   1978
Spring Grove 4N MN  3.37 inches  0.09 inches  2013   2000
Viroqua WI          1.94 inches  1.48 inches  1941   1893
Wabasha MN          1.21 inches  1.18 inches  1904   1892
Waucoma 1WNW IA     2.70 inches  1.20 inches  1984   1954
Winona Dam 5A MN    1.30 inches  1.08 inches  1941   1939

« Last Edit: October 10/08/17, 01:26:59 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's alot of extra water Rebs, like our area here.....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yuppers, it sure is. 71*, sunny, and really breezy right now, dryin' things out. Takin' advantage of it, I'm puttin' the deck furniture away, except for a chair or two and one table. Just double-checked and ran the big snowblower, she's ready!  ;)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea leave 2 chairs out in case some one stops by..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
'Mornin' , comrades. 48* and bright moonlite out there. Whoops; I'm up too early. Got lots to do, haveta work off that supper I ate last nite.  :whistling: Got a load of laundry in already. Clean house day. Mow lawn day. Wash some windows day.  Talkin' frost tomorrow morning. Lawns getting aerated by my buddy Wednesday morning, and the sedums all whacked down and hauled away. After that, it's just sit back and mow/mulch the leaves as they come down. I used to rake and bag and rake and bag, but now I just mow and mulch. Can't physically rake anymore, and too spendy to hire it done. People around here actually want $75-100 and more to rake a lawn...NOT! Hard to believe there was a time when it got frosty and cool out, you'd rake the leaves into a pile, or to the curb, and burn them. Filled that crisp Fall air with the tinge of smoke, while the geese flew in their strings of V's overhead, melodically honking away. The sweet gooey crunch of caramel apples, and the tang of fresh tart apple cider when you were done...things seemed a lot more mellow and laid back then.*sigh* Have a good week, guys.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/09/17, 06:33:21 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Ya Rebs I remember everyone burning leaves.  That was a great family thing to do. Can't do anything fun anymore or someone has a problem with it...  I sat in my new ladder stand yesterday.  Had about 8 does and fawns near me.  I almost shot at one of them but a little branch was in the way.  Then I sat back and just watched them as they were too far away.  It was a nice night to do it though.  Cold now.  May pull the onions after work.  I guess I then will just let them sit on some cardboard in the basement or the garage and let them dry out????  Never raised them before so trial and error.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Back to the fun and games today. wife and I had a good weekend of camping and 4 wheeling down in Beltrami. We put on over a 100 miles Saturday cruising around. Weather was perfect. Asian beetles were crazy thick. There have been a lot of them the last 2 weekends. Big game tonight. SKOL Vikes!!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, nice day yesterday, too nice I guess cause the mowing is still waiting for me, maybe today...  not much going on today got to pay the property taxes this or they will mad at me!!  have a good day all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 50 for our start. Think it might've made 80 yday. It finally dried out about noon so I decided I would mow as the rest of the weeks forcast looks kinda iffy. A lot colder & more rain tomorrow, they're sayin. It looks like we'll be headin back to the lake this week some time as we still have the dock, lift, boat, a mower, & the wheeler to get ready for the snow & cold. It won't be today but most likely by Thursday. A few errands to run otherwise not much else goin on except some baseball & the Vikes. Have a good 1. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Ya Rebs I remember everyone burning leaves.  That was a great family thing to do. Can't do anything fun anymore or someone has a problem with it...  I sat in my new ladder stand yesterday.  Had about 8 does and fawns near me.  I almost shot at one of them but a little branch was in the way.  Then I sat back and just watched them as they were too far away.  It was a nice night to do it though.  Cold now.  May pull the onions after work.  I guess I then will just let them sit on some cardboard in the basement or the garage and let them dry out????  Never raised them before so trial and error.
yes, LPS, its what i do. lay them on something in the garage, let then dry out. i usually leave them in the garage until it gets to cold out there then only bring them in the house.  :scratch: ya must of planted them late? i had my onions out already in july or first part of august. when the tops dry up they get yanked!!!!!

morning all, ya JB,  them beetles and box elder bugs are  starting to get thick again. a trip to duluth is on the schedule for this week.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea leave 2 chairs out in case some one stops by..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
tehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :coffee:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
yes, LPS, its what i do. lay them on something in the garage, let then dry out. i usually leave them in the garage until it gets to cold out there then only bring them in the house:scratch: ya must of planted them late? i had my onions out already in july or first part of august. when the tops dry up they get yanked!!!!!

morning all, ya JB,  them beetles and box elder bugs are  starting to get thick again. a trip to duluth is on the schedule for this week.

You bring leaves in the house to to dry??!??!?!  :crazy:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :pouty: i dont recall talkin to you!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :tut: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: