Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Truck box sealing kit  (Read 3084 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
About a year ago someone mentioned they had bought a truck tailgate/topper seal kit.  I need one.  My truck is terrible on dusty roads.  Would like to fix it before deer season.  Wondering what kind it was and if you still like it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
One thing to note Barry...a lot of the dust comes up from the box drain holes, which are really rectangular thin squares between the header wall. Also the gap at the BOTTOM of tailgates/decking. I have a sealing tonneau cover on mine, but actually changed gun clubs because 2 miles of the road were all gravel, and all my rifle and handgun cases looked like they were covered in flour dust every time I did a session shoot. Others may say different,(I'm sure some will say it NEVER happens on THEIR truck) but it's a fact. Talk to any body shop guy. Just my .02
« Last Edit: October 10/06/21, 07:48:30 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Anything will  be an improvement.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Access makes a good one called Trailseal. Seals ALL areas. (They also make the laredo covers and others) That's the only one I've actually seen used by a couple friends. I was gonna get one, but changed gun clubs in the mean time!  :rolleyes:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
As Reb said,dang truck bed drain holes...I dropped in a full bedliner,that sealed the drain holes then added a access bed cover,had the guyz installing the cover to add the tailgate seal,pretty much done deal,after miles of gravel road hunting out west very little dust in the bed,still park my guns/ammo in the cab always at the ready,no dust,GM has a cab air clearner/filter that really helps on they're rigs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My tailgate really leaks and where the tie downs inside the box are there is big holes there too.  May have to use Gorilla tape on them. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
My tailgate really leaks and where the tie downs inside the box are there is big holes there too.  May have to use Gorilla tape on them.

"Big holes?" you must mean holes for tie downs in bedliner right?,newer bedliners come with rubber plugs,check online or your dealer where you purchased your liner for these plugs,otherwise good plan B  on gorilla tape.

Also "radco" truck accessories have tailgate seal kits...fyi.
« Last Edit: October 10/07/21, 09:41:55 AM by snow1 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
in all the trucks i've had....i just throw and old area rug in the back, cut to fit. works for me. hell, back of my truck gets more dirty from the stuff I put in it. besides i dont use it just to drive to church!!!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

this new truck has a rubber kinda mat in it.  :happy1: i took it out to clean out the back tis summer , its heavy as hell!!!! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I posted it last year lps, I found it in general discussion page 7. It worked great, the only issue was around the electrical box they told me at radco to cut around it but I just went over it ( it's fairly flat).  Every piece is still in place yet  and I also taped the 4 hook holes. Think it was 25$.  It passed a 3 day rooster trip shortly after install.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Another thing,  you and I have the same year truck, the bed holes on this one have plugs in them.  Altho I see a small gap yet between the bed and cab in the corners little silicone should fix that.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is the stuff I was wondering about Bob.  I bought my topper at Radco in Brainerd.  I called them yesterday.  They said that is the exact stuff to get.  I have a spray on box liner.  The guy said he does too but still works great.  He said it actually works best if it is installed upside down from the pic on the pkg.  Will have to check that out.  Also he said once you have a topper or cover it creates a suction on the bottom of the tailgate that makes it so dusty so these work great!  Will use the tape on the cutouts for the tie downs.