Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 914649 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The grill sounds great but all we have done it bake them.  Like all said it doesn't take long and watch that temp.  They are as tender as anything I have ever had.   :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cub has these flavored pork loin filets on sale BOGO right now so I picked one up to make for dinner tomorrow night. My late husband used to cook these for us all the time, but I don't recall how he made them! Should I grill it since it will be nice outside tomorrow or are they better to cook in the oven? Any tips will be appreciated! Thanks fellas!  :happy1:
Sorry to hear about your husband. My wife also likes these a lot and I too cook them mainly on the grill for us.  I also like cutting up the left overs thin and making some tasty sandwich out of it.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/24, 02:07:18 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya, best sandwich meat ever!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a shot of them.  They are full of meat too.  They weigh about 1 1/2 lbs ea. 

I've always wanted to try smoking some beef ribs, but everytime I go to look at them, I realize I could buy two full pork racks for around the same price!  :doah:   So I just stick with them!  :tongue: 
Click-the pic.

These ribs are what we got when we bought the quarter of beef.  They turned out real good too. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not trying to change the subject,  but it's a good thing it's a school night. Momma has her tv schedule so I should be able to tip toe na night... :surrender:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Not trying to change the subject,  but it's a good thing it's a school night. Momma has her tv schedule so I should be able to tip toe na night... :surrender:
hallmark all lined up boober!!!!!11 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: or is it lifetime?????

looks dynomite bud!!!!!!! :hubba: well cept maybe the cooked pineapple!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/24, 07:00:24 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya but, the right way of fried taters makes up fer it.. ;) :bonk:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it all looks great Bobber!!!   grilled pineapple is great!!! 

is that On Glenn's list???   :scratch:

just checked the list, does not say grilled pineapple, just just canned and fresh....
« Last Edit: April 04/08/24, 07:10:53 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The sausage and spuds looks epic.  We like pineapple so maybe grilled would be fun to try. 

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So for indirect grilling, do I just move the meat to the side of the pile of charcoal? I'm new to grilling and so far I guess I've only been doing direct heat - placing the meat over the pile and letting it cook. Thanks for the tips guys!
~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's right for indirect cooking, you will do just fine!!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That'll work. There are no rights and wrongs.

A lot of what I do was learned by trial and error. What I usually do now since I've got a Weber Performer is light the charcoal in the baskets, quick sear whatever needs searing once the coals are gray, remove the grate & pull the baskets apart to the outer edge of the fire pit. Then I can put a drip pan between them then put the meat back on. Have also pulled the baskets apart first once the coals gray off, put the drip pan in, then put the meat on and sear it just before it comes off, what's known as a reverse sear process.

Before I had the Performer, for many moons I'd light the charcoal pile, then separate it into two piles when it grayed off & put the drip pan in following the same process as above. Doing that also allows me to place the smoker boxes over the two piles of coals if I want more smoke flavor. It's a process but it's worth it. Also worth at least couple G&T's!🍸     
« Last Edit: April 04/09/24, 10:16:18 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
So for indirect grilling, do I just move the meat to the side of the pile of charcoal? I'm new to grilling and so far I guess I've only been doing direct heat - placing the meat over the pile and letting it cook. Thanks for the tips guys!
My rule of thumb is thinner meat, pork chops, steak, brats direct heat, thicker longer cooking meat, pork loin, chicken indirect heat, coals on one side meat on the other. Smoking is a different animal and I never do ribs or pork butt on a grill.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/09/24, 10:15:56 AM by Leech~~ »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a good way to look at it Leech.  I have a 3 lb bag of chicken breasts thawing out now.  Not sure how I will cook them.  I usually bake them with spices and olive oil on them.  I am afraid being boneless the grill may dry them out.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a good way to look at it Leech.  I have a 3 lb bag of chicken breasts thawing out now.  Not sure how I will cook them.  I usually bake them with spices and olive oil on them.  I am afraid being boneless the grill may dry them out.
Bacon wrapped?   :confused: :scratch: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OOOH!!  Now you are onto something there.  I will check the freezer.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

also inject them!!!    :happy1:

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Happy to report in that my first time grilling a pork loin filet is a success! 😁👍🏻😋 Tastes just like my husband used to make! 🥰
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm really starting to enjoy doing my own grilling!
~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew I shoulda tied her legs together,  how embarrassing..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
great looking meals Sharon and Bobber!!!!  those darn legs right Bobber!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great Sharon!!!! Glad to hear it was a success. Chicken looks tasty Boober.  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Could have shoved the beer can up there and had tender beer can bird!   :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy to report in that my first time grilling a pork loin filet is a success! 😁👍🏻😋 Tastes just like my husband used to make! 🥰
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm really starting to enjoy doing my own grilling!
Very nice. So what did you do with the taters and veg.  Gravy, little garlic butter, melts cheeze??

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I enjoyed mine plain, but John added seasonings and a glob of butter of course. 😁😋

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure I woulda ate those taters thinkin where they might have been.  Just sayin'

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Knowing Mrs. Boober's propensity for hot pursuit following his grilling exploits, I wasn't sure he was talking about the chicken!  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Grilled Picanha

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great, what is picanha?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Looks great, what is picanha?
I'd guess something from Morey's fish shack. :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Picanha (pronounced pee-kawn-yuh) is a cut of beef from the upper rear of the cow. It's also known as a sirloin cap, and sold in North American grocery stores as a top sirloin cap roast, rump cap, or coulotte steak. Whenever you hear the word “cap” after a cut of beef, that means that the fat layer is still attached.

looks great Cooperman!!!  bet it was good too!!