Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 116861 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
still raining with some snow mixed in for good measure....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A lull in the action here. Raining very lightly.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Been raining here all afternoon with more tonight.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a small cell going through, quite a bit of thunder.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
 1 inch in the rain gage this morning.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
We had about 1/4 inch or so.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Between yesterday and last nite, .54" at the ranch & .62" in Bugtussle. 50% chance of rain again tonite & again Thursday. People are starting to get antsy. Some talk of giving 'er hell planting already on Saturday. More moisture out here than they think. Ample moisture has snuck up on what was a dry spring suddenly. We've received 3.6" in Bugtussle since March 22nd & 2.9" at the ranch, on top of what accumulated since the crop was mature last fall. It's been cool and aside from Saturday, hasn't dried much. Won't dry much today either, minimal drying tomorrow, Wed. looks promising then clouds and rain Thursday. I think they need to take a pill, wait until it's fit & see what conditions are like then.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I had 0.32" in our rain gauge this morning. Not much but we'll take it. Not that I have much say in the matter anyway.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Between yesterday and last nite, .54" at the ranch & .62" in Bugtussle. 50% chance of rain again tonite & again Thursday. People are starting to get antsy. Some talk of giving 'er hell planting already on Saturday. More moisture out here than they think. Ample moisture has snuck up on what was a dry spring suddenly. We've received 3.6" in Bugtussle since March 22nd & 2.9" at the ranch, on top of what accumulated since the crop was mature last fall. It's been cool and aside from Saturday, hasn't dried much. Won't dry much today either, minimal drying tomorrow, Wed. looks promising then clouds and rain Thursday. I think they need to take a pill, wait until it's fit & see what conditions are like then.
:scratch: :scratch: isnt that why you get the BIG BUCKS??? to talk them down from the ledge?? :shocked: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some feminine hygiene products to stock?  :scratch:  :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some feminine hygiene products to stock?  :scratch:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/24, 11:08:21 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  nope not my isle!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's raining!  Not hard just a light steady rain.  Been doing it for an hour.  I do have the gauge out too.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still a light steady rain with no wind.  Just grained Bucko so I brought the snow shovel to its resting site till next winter.   :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It looks like we've got a little early taste of summer coming here his weekend. The 10-day says 77 for Saturday, 81 for Sunday, & 73 for Monday. With a good chance (80%) of some thunderstorms on Monday night.
« Last Edit: April 04/10/24, 07:20:36 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Didn't see any of the sprinkles they had in the forecast yesterday altho it looked like it might a few times. Some lite rain on tap for tomorrow, late morning into afternoon. Looks like nice thru Monday then some significant precip coming Monday nite into Tues. & early Wed. a.m. Also supposed to cool down with highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's. Ground was still real tacky on the N side of the grove when I read the cutworm & armyworm traps this a.m. Tracked mud onto the driveway from the Gator.

Don't think I'd be real antsy about planting a lot of corn just yet. See what Sun. & Mon. look like. Run the planter thru a shakedown on a 40 or an 80 if it's fit then see where it's at. No reason to assume a huge amount of unnecessary risk. There is a reason the planting date for replant coverage on Federal Crop Insurance is set at April 10th. Calendar date still matters. It's still very early. Do it once and do it right.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man with all the nice weather the last few days it's nice to see the grass greening up, tulips popping up, again!!!  my chives are coming back in very nice!!!  and all the birds!!!   just have to get the rain gauge out again!!   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and the wind is kicking up!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Raining up here. But I'm tuckered out. Close to ni-nite time anyhoo.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice showers thru the area this a.m. Not amounting to a lot of rain but put the brakes on some of the guys who were talking yesterday about working ground already this afternoon. Was out finishing the fruit tree pruning last nite. Ground in our yard was pretty damp yet when I was on my hands and knees cutting the suckers around the base of the trees. Real muddy on the north side of the grove yet especially after this rain. On the south facing slope last nite, could've been gardening.  :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: went to checkin on Wren on the #5 but no luck!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: but dang there talking 1-2 inches of rain between tuesday and wed........

lakes really need it .....hope they get all of that up north. now that i'm not there!!!! :evil: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hope they do too. Lakes are down here as well. Buddy put his dock out a week or so ago on Beaver Lake. Had to start a fair distance out from where it normally is. We are making some headway tho. Tile are running & I had water in the wetland tonite when I checked. Some planters rolled today. Working the bugs out so once this next weather system goes thru, it's game on.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked the 10-day for up at the lake & it sayin 50 % chance of showers Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday night rain chances at 90% with around a 1/4" possible. Light rain(70%) early Wednesday & cloudy in the pm. Slight chance, 40%, of some showers Wednesday night too. I dug 1 of our new 10' sections out the edge of the woods when we were up last time as I'm pretty sure we're going to need it when our dock goes in. :scratch: Hope, we don't need the other 10' pc too. :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner..depending on how shallow your shoreline is i'm betting you will.

when i went to visit that Eric on bowstring i'll bet he gained a good 15 ft on shoreline!!!! and from what i've seen most of bowstrings shoreline is a slow gradual drop like the 35 access!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Topped out yesterday at 86 in Waseca with 84 in Owatonna & Albert's Leaf. 87 on the Buick & the slightly less than reliable ranch thermometer. Good chances of rain starting tomorrow nite, expecting amounts of 1.25" - 1.5" here. Grass is greening up nicely & the trees are getting a light greenish hue.  :coffee:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Our shoreline is pretty steep, it's 18 steps to get down to the dock, so it drops off pretty quick. By the time the boat comes off the lift I'm normally in at least 6-8 fow. We shall see. I talked to a guy a few years ago that had just bought 1 of those places between Geiger's & the NW access & he said his place came with 200' of dock. He went on to say that the year he bought the place the boat lift wasn't usable. :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Our shoreline is pretty steep, it's 18 steps to get down to the dock, so it drops off pretty quick. By the time the boat comes off the lift I'm normally in at least 6-8 fow. We shall see. I talked to a guy a few years ago that had just bought 1 of those places between Geiger's & the NW access & he said his place came with 200' of dock. He went on to say that the year he bought the place the boat lift wasn't usable. :doah:
yea come to think of it sand does have a pretty decent drop to the lake around most of it. usually means a decent drop into the lake.

my brother likes to fish little sand and head up into the river up towards rice lake......betting first he wont be using the public access by the bridge or heading up river... we have both used the resort access at times!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Which resort, the 1 on the east side or the Anchor Inn's? :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
pretty sure the Anchor inn. its on the west and north side of the bridge!!! last time there it was run by an older couple!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, they're on the west side, That has just changed hands in the last couple years. Got some people by us now that used to be in that campground on the other side & they told us we just had to try the Anchor Inn's Chili Cheese dogs. The neighbor really likes 'em so we went up there 1 time last year. The Chili Cheese dogs were really good & the owner's were super nice. We had a couple beers & chatted while we waited, they're from Wisconsin originally. The people they bought it from were the original owners & had been there forever. Very friendly, nothing was microwaved so it took a bit but I'm sure we'll be going back again this year, at least once. :happy1: :cool: