Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 533656 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes interesting for sure.  Almost makes a loss exciting.  lol 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The Athletic is reporting the Vikings have traded with the Rams for RB Cam Akers.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :doofus: what does Grink know  :scratch: he's been bonked on the head to many times!!!!!!!! :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually I will believe it when I see it.  Cousins is about the only part of the team that is doing fairly well.  Yes I did say that.  LOL

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
IMO He'd be a much better QB if he could scramble.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:doofus: what does Grink know  :scratch: he's been bonked on the head to many times!!!!!!!! :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Who is Grink? :confused:                       :nerd: :evil:  :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 09/21/23, 12:29:50 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The guy who stole Christmas? 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree.  Cousins is a skilled QB and he proved that again last season by winning close games with come-from-behind victories while getting killed in the pocket.  They didn't win the playoff game last year, but it wasn't because of Kirk.

He seems to have always been a middle-of-the-pack guy who breaks into the upper third (Top 10) often enough, but never is considered among the elite QBs in any given season (Top 5).  He might never be the best, but you could do a lot worse at the QB position.

Still Washington Redskins were unwilling to commit to him long term, and now, after having him in the building for 5 years, the Vikings are unwilling to extend him.  Or maybe because of their cap situation, they can't afford to sign him long term.  Maybe the Vikes are forcing themselves into the position where they need to have a QB on a rookie deal while they take the time they need to dissolve the salary cap legacy left by Spielman.

Yeah, I know you can't blame Spielman forever, but the Vikes still have to play the cards he left them.  And right now, Cousins is a card they can discard for more flexibility next season.  And who knows, maybe they WILL work something out with Kapt. Kirk at the end of this season.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: :bonk: :banghead: training-087 i just gave the Vikings a new name!!!!!! the Minnesota fumblerooskies!!!!!!!  :confused:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I agree.  Cousins is a skilled QB and he proved that again last season by winning close games with come-from-behind victories while getting killed in the pocket.  They didn't win the playoff game last year, but it wasn't because of Kirk.

He seems to have always been a middle-of-the-pack guy who breaks into the upper third (Top 10) often enough, but never is considered among the elite QBs in any given season (Top 5).  He might never be the best, but you could do a lot worse at the QB position.

Still Washington Redskins were unwilling to commit to him long term, and now, after having him in the building for 5 years, the Vikings are unwilling to extend him.  Or maybe because of their cap situation, they can't afford to sign him long term.  Maybe the Vikes are forcing themselves into the position where they need to have a QB on a rookie deal while they take the time they need to dissolve the salary cap legacy left by Spielman.

Yeah, I know you can't blame Spielman forever, but the Vikes still have to play the cards he left them.  And right now, Cousins is a card they can discard for more flexibility next season.  And who knows, maybe they WILL work something out with Kapt. Kirk at the end of this season.

Kirk leveraged his time into Minnesota by forcing Washington to hang the franchise on him not once but twice. He has done a very nice job for himself both on the field and paycheck wise.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i see a 3 - 14 record in the horizon!!!!!!!!!!!  :pouty: they suck!!!!!!!! :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: :crazy: the Chargers literally gave the Vikings the game........ some pretty horsecrap coaching and QB play at the end. time management sucked!!!!!! :crazy:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
My first thought was WTH is that Charger coach thinking on going for it on 4th down deep in there own zone late in the game, oh ya were playing the Vikes he probably thought....pathetic.  good thing it hunting season I say.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 WTH was that?????  :banghead: They only get 1 play off when they had 26 seconds left. :thumbs: :doah: That's on KO'C, he still calls the signals on the O. :sad:  Best thing about it is I now have more time to watch baseball.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 09/24/23, 09:27:19 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
My first thought was WTH is that Charger coach thinking on going for it on 4th down deep in there own zone late in the game, oh ya were playing the Vikes he probably thought....pathetic.  good thing it hunting season I say.

Staley has done this stuff a bunch. He is a numbers geek and gone on 4th down often. The difference is had they failed today and gone to 0-3 he would have been fired. There was no excuse to go from your own 24 yard line leading in the game.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was watching a Vikings blog and they had a video of Kapt. Kirk 'splaining the losses.

Turnovers costly again as Vikings fall to Chargers, drop to 0-3

The thing I thought was hilariously ironic was the Kidde Security backdrop they had behind him.   :rotflmao: :bonk:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The rumor mongers are out and will probably only be more vocal leading up to the Oct 31 trade deadline:  Why a Jets trade for Vikings QB Kirk Cousins makes sense for both teams in sinking seasons

Personally, I don't think it will happen.  Both teams are in a hole, but from the Vikes perspective, they aren't out of it.  Yeah, they're two games behind the Packers and Lions, but I think the Vikings would tell you they think they are better than both of them - despite their current record.

As for the Jets, I can't believe they would give up much for a one-year rental - especially to a guy who is joining mid-season.   

I think both team will take their lumps this year and re-asses at the end of the season.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: if there going to be better that defensive backfield best got it together.  there a porous as a noodle stainer!!!!! :surrender: :confused: :banghead:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kirk had a no trade clause so would take a lot of money to get him to move.  I don't think he would want to go to the Jets. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings' first-round draft in 2022 looks worse by the week in 2023

The Vikings traded down from the 12th to 32nd pick in the first round and took safety Lewis Cine. He's been seldom seen on the field while most players taken between the 13th pick and Cine have started every game this season.

Cine has no career starts, only two snaps on defense and is the Vikings' No. 5 safety behind Theo Jackson, a sixth-round pick of the Titans last year.

The Ravens, meanwhile, drafted safety Kyle Hamilton 14th. The Bengals drafted safety Daxton Hill 31st. Week 3 saw these two gentlemen post a combined 17 tackles, four for losses, a pass defense, and four sacks while playing 100% of 139 defensive snaps. Hamilton had three sacks and was blitzing his way to a fourth before batting down a pass.

Twenty players came off the board after the Vikings traded down in 2022. Those players now have 238 starts (11.9 per player), including 12 in the playoffs and two in the Super Bowl for the defending champion Chiefs.

Thirteen of those 20 players have started every game this season; seventeen have started at least one game.

Adofo-Mensah has known since draft night '22 that this trade would become memorable one way or the other.

Hindsight also has been unkind. The past two weeks alone have served reminders that perhaps critics were right to suggest Adofo-Mensah would have found much better value by simply sitting tight with the 12th pick and selecting either the guy who was picked 13th (Davis) or the guy who was picked 14th (Hamilton), among others.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Fairness in savagry...

Cine did suffer a broken leg, which kept him out last season, but still...

You'd a hoped that he'd be back this year and making an impact.  He is out this week with a hamstring injury.
« Last Edit: September 09/29/23, 02:26:23 PM by Steve-o »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wasted drafts both years.  It is obvious whilst watching every game.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
think i figured out iffin i dont watch........they win!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, yer right.  #MeToo

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
think i figured out iffin i dont watch........they win!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:scratch: :doah: Been tryin to tell you that for 2 years!!! ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:     Oh yeah, nice game .................................#22!! :cool:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikings front office should create a position on the staff for me and Glenn to NOT watch the games.  :happy1:

What's a win in the NFL worth?   :confused:

They pay Kapt. Kirk $2.65 million per game to throw the ball to the other team once or twice every game...  :doah:

You'd think they'd be willing to pay ol' Glenn and I a couple $100K each per year to not watch games as extra insurance for victories.   :azn: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikings front office should create a position on the staff for me and Glenn to NOT watch the games.  :happy1:

What's a win in the NFL worth?   :confused:

They pay Kapt. Kirk $2.65 million per game to throw the ball to the other team once or twice every game...  :doah:

You'd think they'd be willing to pay ol' Glenn and I a couple $100K each per year to not watch games as extra insurance for victories.   :azn: :rotflmao:
I'm in!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Read an article earlier about JJ  not signing an offer the Vikings made to him reportedly making his the highest paid player and he declined.

The article said he's waiting to see what the QB situation will be in particular with Cousins.