Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: boat locators  (Read 10144 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Here it is. Question  though, the instructions say something about not curling up the extra cord to much in one place, may cause interference??, any opinions?

Unless like mentioned, they changed these, I do not think that is a side image transducer.    Almost looks more like a duel beam but hard to tell.

As for your excess cord I have not had an issue just loosely coiling it up and tucking it away.  Just make your coil as big as you can to keep it separated as much as possible.   You will also want to use a wire hanger or two to secure the cord tighter to your boat.  If not it will damage your cord. 

One thing I will say is that you need to redo your mount on this one.  If you look at the attached picture you will see that the bottom snaps over the piece mounted to your boat.  That center screw goes from top and bottom through both pieces.   
« Last Edit: April 04/25/24, 11:52:33 PM by Scenic »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i thought so to. a friend told me that the bottom of the ducer should be level with the bottom of the boat, i got mine a little lower!!!! :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
i thought so to. a friend told me that the bottom of the ducer should be level with the bottom of the boat, i got mine a little lower!!!! :scratch:

Unbolt the transducer from the mount.   Flip the entire mount over top to bottom.   Re-bolt on the transducer.   Then fold it shut  and adjust it on your board and mark it out.  Do this BEFORE you put in the screw from the face.  Adjust it so your transducer is either level or just below the bottom of your boat.   I run mine level. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Unbolt the transducer from the mount.   Flip the entire mount over top to bottom.   Re-bolt on the transducer.   Then fold it shut  and adjust it on your board and mark it out.  Do this BEFORE you put in the screw from the face.  Adjust it so your transducer is either level or just below the bottom of your boat.   I run mine level.
:happy1: :happy1: that might be a tomorrow afternoon project.  maybe later today?????????

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i needed to clean up and organize the garage.......as i started i decided the best way was to get that transducer done......so now its done and everything put away. i forgot to take a picture...... wifey came home with groceries and beer! :happy1: tomorrow maybe.

its now located maybe a 1/2 inch lower then the boat bottom.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That may be too much but you will have to see.  If you throw a big rooster tail it is too low.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I would shoot for 1/4".  Someone here will know.  Is this your first color locator?  I still remember my first color one.  Just loved to idle around and revisit my area.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That may be too much but you will have to see.  If you throw a big rooster tail it is too low.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I would shoot for 1/4".  Someone here will know.  Is this your first color locator?  I still remember my first color one.  Just loved to idle around and revisit my area.
thats as high as it goes and aint changing it.  :rotflmao: thought i had it more adjustable.  :surrender: :pouty:

yep first colored one........getting a bit anxious to check it out. thinking after the rain goes away i'm gonna take it out on Grand lake near me to play with it. maybe dip a line????

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You may not even want to fish the first few times.  Seriously.  It will be so much fun to really see what is below you.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Done ! :happy1:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Done ! :happy1:

Just about done.... put a wire hanger on that transducer cord and attach it to your board.  Looks like you need to tilt up the back of the transducer just at bit too.   You want it flat to the water when you are sitting in the boat.  It takes a bit to dial them in but worth the effort.   

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
If it look like this glenn yur golden
« Last Edit: April 04/27/24, 09:33:30 AM by Boar »
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Scenic, can you post a picture of what your referring to a wire hanger?? Think I know what they are, when I googled it all that came up was for hanging clothes on  :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's just a little plastic loop with a screw hole.  Black or white.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Shoulda came and installed it for ya

78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: thought that's what they were!!!!!! i may have some laying around......not sure if it wouldnt be easier to just go buy some then look for them. i was hoping not to drill more holes in da boat.but up higher guess it wouldnt hurt!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Dipnthe screw in silicone and zip them in. Do i have to tell yu how to do everything??
78.50"

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: thought that's what they were!!!!!! i may have some laying around......not sure if it wouldnt be easier to just go buy some then look for them. i was hoping not to drill more holes in da boat.but up higher guess it wouldnt hurt!!!

Yes those are the ones.  Put first one in your board and 1-2 higher.  Like mentioned coat your screws with silicone and you will be good.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's going to be a pretty good bend in that cord, and i only MAYBE Have another 14 inches till it goes into the boat.

My biggest issue is I hot alit of extra cord and not sure where I can hide it   :confused: :scratch:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 Hot alit?
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Loop it togethe and zip tie it in a noice little bundle
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Run the wire through one of the drain holes in the well.  Coil it up inside the boat.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Run the wire through one of the drain holes in the well.  Coil it up inside the boat.
it is through the drain hole. later when i go out i'll post a couple pictures......for get some ideas.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I never have figured out why they can't build it for the wire to come out the end closer to the boat.    You just don't want it flopping back and forth. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So here's a picture of the transducer and where the cable goes into the drain hole on the boat. It's exactly  12 inches from the top of the transducer to the hole. My concern is if I put a cord holder on the board it seem like quite a bend right at the transducer.  Thinking just 1 about half way up.

Looking for opinions/ suggestions 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is all the extra cord. Currently kinda wrapped up laying there. 1 side is where my batteries go the other gas tank. Not sure I want them in either compartment because of vibration and rubbing. Any ideas?,,
« Last Edit: April 04/28/24, 10:41:30 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cut off the excess and splice it back together
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Loolp it to gether, zip tie both ends and wrap it up in elec tape in a nice lil dundle
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Thats wer yu got the name blue tomato!! Yuve had 1 all along!!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats wer yu got the name blue tomato!! Yuve had 1 all along!!
:tut: :tut: that wasnt me bucko.......dat was your pal dakids!!!!!! :happy1: