Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Rockman's Report/The bite is on fire!  (Read 1161 times)

Offline rockman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
10/20/10

I went out last night for a few hours with my buddy Dar Dar, and the bite was on right away when we got to Andersons Reef. I popped 2 fish in less than 5 min. We ended up with 18 fish and kept 8, with the biggest fish being 27 1/2 inches. The rest of our fish were in the 18 to 26 inch range. It was so great to be back on the water finally, I went to fleet farm yesterday and bought up all of the Flat raps that they had on the shelves to the tune of $300.00 because that is what they want right now. We will be fishing for the next 5 nights, weather permitting. The weather has been perfect all week and it looks like we are going to have great weather all the way through this weekend.

The colors that have been working the best are the blue and chrome, the chrome and the clown, all in the flat raps. We did catch some on the traditional shallow running shad raps in the perch, fire tiger and the clown, but by far the flat raps were the hottest bait the past 3 nights. The water temps are in the low 50s and the fish are really starting to stack up and they are putting on the feed bags already. We started on Andersons Reef and then went to Rocky Reef at 10:30 and finished up our night there by 12:00 am. It had been a long day for me running to St Cloud and being up on my feet all day and it definitaly made for a painfull night, because I was so swollen, but it was all worth the pain when that first fish was on the line. they are very fat and very spunky right now.

Even the 17 inch fish are fighting like they are 26 inches. They are feeding heavy on the lake shinners right now, which is why they are hitting these new flat raps. If you put them side by side to the lake shinners, they are a perfect match to the hatch. That is the skinny on the trolling front for this months full moon phase so far. It is only going to get better and better as we approach the full moon on Sat. night. So if you get the chance to sneak away this weekend, you will not be sorry that you did. There are some pictures of the fish we caught from last night on the photo album on my web site.

Check them out!

Be safe

We will see ya

When we see ya

The New and improved Rockman!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Better too high than too low
Better too fast than too slow
The Rockman
www.rockyreef.com

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice fish,they look very healthy~

Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com

Offline pheasantman2121

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I am hoping to get up there friday night.  Depending on what time I get off work I might have to come up on sat.  But the weather is looking way better friday night.  I also need to find somebody to tag along with me if it comes down to it I might just have to fish solo.
For all your HVAC needs contact me at
763-587-5796

Labs 4 Me